Step 4) full stadium = better environment and more $
Step 5) better environment = higher demand
Step 6) higher demand = higher value of product
Step 7) Higher value = higher ticket prices
Step 8 ) repeat[/quote]

Step 1A) Win some damn games.

Step 0) Care

This.

It’s been a while since this thread was bumped to show what other schools are planning for their football facilities. Maybe we can live vicariously through them…

Latest on the ODU Stadium expansion:

http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/odu-seeks-nationally-prominent-firm-to-design-renovation-of-foreman/article_72dec21d-4488-57f1-b846-40eb5690bb71.html

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:464, topic:30091”]It’s been a while since this thread was bumped to show what other schools are planning for their football facilities. Maybe we can live vicariously through them…

http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/odu-seeks-nationally-prominent-firm-to-design-renovation-of-foreman/article_72dec21d-4488-57f1-b846-40eb5690bb71.html[/quote]

Nice.

In the article it mentions “ODU’s 27 luxury suites, priced between $30,000 and $35,000”. In a town with the NFL, NBA and NASCAR all vying for corporate entertainment dollars I wonder who our market is for suites when we build them?

[quote=“Nugget, post:465, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:464, topic:30091”]It’s been a while since this thread was bumped to show what other schools are planning for their football facilities. Maybe we can live vicariously through them…

http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/odu-seeks-nationally-prominent-firm-to-design-renovation-of-foreman/article_72dec21d-4488-57f1-b846-40eb5690bb71.html[/quote]

Nice.

In the article it mentions “ODU’s 27 luxury suites, priced between $30,000 and $35,000”. In a town with the NFL, NBA and NASCAR all vying for corporate entertainment dollars I wonder who our market is for suites when we build them?[/quote]
The same people who have suites at NFL, NBA, and NASCAR

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:466, topic:30091”][quote=“Nugget, post:465, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:464, topic:30091”]It’s been a while since this thread was bumped to show what other schools are planning for their football facilities. Maybe we can live vicariously through them…

Nice.

In the article it mentions “ODU’s 27 luxury suites, priced between $30,000 and $35,000”. In a town with the NFL, NBA and NASCAR all vying for corporate entertainment dollars I wonder who our market is for suites when we build them?[/quote]
The same people who have suites at NFL, NBA, and NASCAR[/quote]
Hopefully our new suites come with TVs that play Tarhole football like our current suites do. That’ll sweeten the deal.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:466, topic:30091”][quote=“Nugget, post:465, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:464, topic:30091”]It’s been a while since this thread was bumped to show what other schools are planning for their football facilities. Maybe we can live vicariously through them…

Nice.

The same people who have suites at NFL, NBA, and NASCAR[/quote]

So we will be accepting Fantasy Dollars from companies with endless budgets. Excellent!

I’ll never understand the defeatist attitudes about this topic.

Any responsible AD would be using multiple approaches to gauge interest (and not resulting to such polarized message board thinking). You put some feelers out in the corporate world to gauge interest and support, maybe having mocked up a basic proposed features & costs outline w/ a sketch or two and see what kind of interest and feedback you get. Any discussion should show branding/advertising opportunities for the purchasers, including naming rights suggestions, etc.

All universities are cash strapped, but I refuse to believe we cannot add a mirror building of boxes on the student side with corporate/private support if pitched correctly. I also think that we can add 10k seats to the stadium without it being a crippling expense, and that we will need to with the home slate we have scheduled and heaven forbid, we start winning regularly. You have to invest to be great, you cant just sit back and hope you get lucky one day. That’s not how any of the recent athletics success stories around the country happened. They all decided they were going to invest for future success model.

We our located in a metro area of over 2 million people and numerous corporations. Right now we have zero suite boxes I’m sure if the AD makes an effort we can sell 10 to 15 suite boxes and increase revenue. George Shinn felt so strongly about suites that he moved the Hornets out of town because of the lack of them. Airlines make a huge portion of their income selling first class seats and the back of the plane economy seats are essentially filler. Our stadium currently doesn’t have a premium seating offering for those who can afford to sit out of the sun or the rain.

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:470, topic:30091”]We our located in a metro area of over 2 million people and numerous corporations. Right now we have zero suite boxes I’m sure if the AD makes an effort we can sell 10 to 15 suite boxes and increase revenue. George Shinn felt so strongly about suites that he moved the Hornets out of town because of the lack of them. Airlines make a huge portion of their income selling first class seats and the back of the plane economy seats are essentially filler. Our stadium currently doesn’t have a premium seating offering for those who can afford to sit out of the sun or the rain.
[/quote]

That sentence, right there. Is that really so hard of a sell? Ive watched older, established (ie rich) alumni withering in the 90+ degree heat or getting pelted by rain. This should be like selling bottled water in the desert. Instead, we act like it’s establishing a sustainable colony on Mars.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:471, topic:30091”][quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:470, topic:30091”]We our located in a metro area of over 2 million people and numerous corporations. Right now we have zero suite boxes I’m sure if the AD makes an effort we can sell 10 to 15 suite boxes and increase revenue. George Shinn felt so strongly about suites that he moved the Hornets out of town because of the lack of them. Airlines make a huge portion of their income selling first class seats and the back of the plane economy seats are essentially filler. Our stadium currently doesn’t have a premium seating offering for those who can afford to sit out of the sun or the rain.
[/quote]

That sentence, right there. Is that really so hard of a sell? Ive watched older, established (ie rich) alumni withering in the 90+ degree heat or getting pelted by rain. This should be like selling bottled water in the desert. Instead, we act like it’s establishing a sustainable colony on Mars.[/quote]

Adding 2 or 3 of these hospitality suites like they have at Quail Hollow should be very cost efficient and a trial basis before permanent suites can be built.

http://www.charlottefive.com/up-your-game-heres-what-it-will-cost-for-luxury-at-the-2017-pga-championship/

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:469, topic:30091”]I’ll never understand the defeatist attitudes about this topic.

Any responsible AD would be using multiple approaches to gauge interest (and not resulting to such polarized message board thinking). You put some feelers out in the corporate world to gauge interest and support, maybe having mocked up a basic proposed features & costs outline w/ a sketch or two and see what kind of interest and feedback you get. Any discussion should show branding/advertising opportunities for the purchasers, including naming rights suggestions, etc.

All universities are cash strapped, but I refuse to believe we cannot add a mirror building of boxes on the student side with corporate/private support if pitched correctly. I also think that we can add 10k seats to the stadium without it being a crippling expense, and that we will need to with the home slate we have scheduled and heaven forbid, we start winning regularly. You have to invest to be great, you cant just sit back and hope you get lucky one day. That’s not how any of the recent athletics success stories around the country happened. They all decided they were going to invest for future success model.[/quote]

I don’t know that the Athletic Dept is not doing these things. Hopefully their perspective on this topic is rosier than mine. I just know that selling premium tickets is a competitive situation and most companies have cut back on expenses like this since 2008. The tax deductions are less favorable than they used to be so getting ROI from entertaining customers is more important than ever. I buy 49er tickets rather than Panthers/Hornets because I like college sports better than the pros, and this is my alma mater and the only one I have. The market for luxury boxes is based on different motivations. I know we have relationships with the corporate people that make these decisions so I am sure the Athletic Dept has a much better feel for the opportunity than I do.

When we reduced the students’ allocation of tickets, it was characterized as a “burden” to sell those extra tickets, not an opportunity. With that mindset, selling suites is equivalent to a mars colony.

(I was going to link to the interview video where burden was mentioned, but they appear to have removed it.)

Remember that the stadium, field, fieldhouse, and promanade naming donors weren’t directly solicited by the AD, they were the ones who approached the AD. The Matt Stafford statues were suggested by Ike as well.

Colorado State’s new stadium is under construction. It is really nice and has a lot of aspects I wish we would copying in building our upper decks like ribbon boards.
[size=12pt][font=Helvetica]http://www.csurams.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060817aaa.html[/font][/size]

I would think Red Ventures could be a good target for the AD… Have the “Red Ventures” Upper Level… or suites or what ever… but they have a huge UC presence and tons of employees to come to games… not too mention most are recent college grads

clt says Davidson beat us to this one.

clt says that csu should be a model for us. We are almost as large, and on the way to surpass them. But they have a plan.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:469, topic:30091”]I’ll never understand the defeatist attitudes about this topic.

Any responsible AD would be using multiple approaches to gauge interest…[/quote]

This is where I stopped reading.

Reminder that CHP told me that unless we get another Jerry Richardson level donation, expansion in any form isn’t happening.