Football facilities and expansion

We at so scared of being a leader and going out and finding another Jerry Richardson. We have alums that could help fund this expansion, but we think if your last name is not Halton you do not have any money.

I’m glad Bonnie Cone didn’t have Phil’s mentality because we wouldn’t even have a university today.

He said in a public forum that he would be dead and buried before the stadium was expanded.

He said in a public forum that he would be dead and buried before the stadium was expanded.[/quote]

Said that, he did.

He said in a public forum that he would be dead and buried before the stadium was expanded.[/quote]

Not surprised coming from someone who prefers to watch UNC-CH football games while ours is going on. This is a very telling thing. We need a chancellor (and other people in important positions) that puts our university ahead of ALL others.

Not surprised coming from someone who prefers to watch UNC-CH football games while ours is going on. This is a very telling thing. We need a chancellor (and other people in important positions) that puts our university ahead of ALL others.[/quote]

clt asks if this really happened?

Not surprised coming from someone who prefers to watch UNC-CH football games while ours is going on. This is a very telling thing. We need a chancellor (and other people in important positions) that puts our university ahead of ALL others.[/quote]

clt asks if this really happened?[/quote]

That’s what I’ve been told

During halftime of our game, the TV in his room had the Chapel Hill game on. I am pretty sure that game was on during love action of ours as well.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:488, topic:30091”]During halftime of our game, the TV in his room had the Chapel Hill game on. I am pretty sure that game was on during love action of ours as well.[/quote] I can confirm that I saw the baby blue unis through the window of the Chancellor’s box during live action of our game. Don’t know if Phil was watching or they had it on to satisfy some of the big wheels in the box. I do remember us blowing a fourth quarter lead that day and ,upon bumping into Judy’s husband expressing my disgust after the game. He said (and you can’t make this shit up) “At least Carolina won”. Subsequently in the parking lot he and a member of our athletic dept started discussing the upcoming Kentucky basketball season. At that point, I walked away in disgust.

this is more of that sort of stuff that needs to be put in an email to the a.d. i almost cant come on the site because of hearing things like this. just makes me angry. we need some sort of campaign. make that banner happen or some sort of bad publicity where we express our anger towards this sort of stuff.

clt says he was speaking about the Panthers, who won that previous Sunday.

this is more of that sort of stuff that needs to be put in an email to the a.d. i almost cant come on the site because of hearing things like this. just makes me angry. we need some sort of campaign. make that banner happen or some sort of bad publicity where we express our anger towards this sort of stuff.[/quote]

Well, he did grow up in Kentucky.

this is more of that sort of stuff that needs to be put in an email to the a.d. i almost cant come on the site because of hearing things like this. just makes me angry. we need some sort of campaign. make that banner happen or some sort of bad publicity where we express our anger towards this sort of stuff.[/quote]

Well, he did grow up in Kentucky.[/quote]

You guys need to stop picking on CHP. After all, he did fight diligently for our med school, just like Judy fought for football for those 20 years.

clt asks if this really happened?[/quote]

Mr. B was a #Witness

He said in a public forum that he would be dead and buried before the stadium was expanded.[/quote] Stuff like that could have karmic consequences. Would not be surprised is he pulled a muscle or something during a spring game. :wink:

Elote asado

Charcoal-grilled corn with cream, cheese and chile
Serves six; recipe courtesy Topolobampo in Chicago

6 ears fresh sweet corn, in their husks
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup thick cream or commercial sour cream mixed with a little milk or cream
1/3 cup crumbled Mexican queso anejo or queso fresco, or cheese like Parmesan, feta, cotija, or farmer’s cheese
1 Tbsp. hot powdered chile (ground chile de arbol, guajillo, or New Mexico chile)
Limes

1. About an hour before serving, place the ears of corn in a deep bowl, cover with cold water and weight with a plate to keep them submerged. Light your charcoal fire and let it burn until the bed of coals is medium-hot; adjust the grill four inches above the fire.

2. Lay the corn on the grill and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until the outer leaves are blackened. Remove, let cool several minutes, then remove the husks and silk. About 10 minutes before serving, brush the corn with melted butter, return to the grill and turn frequently until nicely browned. Serve right away, passing the cream, cheese, and powdered chile for your guests to use to their own liking. Serve with a wedge of lime.

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:496, topic:30091”]Elote asado

Charcoal-grilled corn with cream, cheese and chile
Serves six; recipe courtesy Topolobampo in Chicago

6 ears fresh sweet corn, in their husks
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup thick cream or commercial sour cream mixed with a little milk or cream
1/3 cup crumbled Mexican queso anejo or queso fresco, or cheese like Parmesan, feta, cotija, or farmer’s cheese
1 Tbsp. hot powdered chile (ground chile de arbol, guajillo, or New Mexico chile)
Limes

1. About an hour before serving, place the ears of corn in a deep bowl, cover with cold water and weight with a plate to keep them submerged. Light your charcoal fire and let it burn until the bed of coals is medium-hot; adjust the grill four inches above the fire.

2. Lay the corn on the grill and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until the outer leaves are blackened. Remove, let cool several minutes, then remove the husks and silk. About 10 minutes before serving, brush the corn with melted butter, return to the grill and turn frequently until nicely browned. Serve right away, passing the cream, cheese, and powdered chile for your guests to use to their own liking. Serve with a wedge of lime.[/quote]

Gracias!

That looks tasty

[font=montserrat][size=14px]On Television: [/size][/font]

[font=montserrat][size=14px] Our 2017 football schedule has been released along with broadcast options for a number of home and road games. We are in discussions to complement the Conference USA television package to make more games available to our community. Season tickets are currently available at [/size][/font][font=montserrat][/size][size=14px]charlotte49ers.com[/size][/font][font=montserrat][/size][size=14px].[/size][/font]
[font=montserrat][/font][font=montserrat][/size][size=14px]

On Stadium Expansion: [/size][/font]

[font=montserrat][size=14px] At the same time, I know there is a lot of interest from our fans about future expansion plans at Jerry Richardson Stadium. We are considering options and enhancements to the stadium that will allow us to bring more fans and greater amenities to our fine venue. Keep in mind, we must work diligently to fill the seats we currently have but we are looking into a variety of possibilities. We have worked this past year with Jenkins ¡ Peer Architects to develop preliminary expansion plans so when the time is right we will have a solid starting point. There will not be substantial changes for the 2017 season, but as we look down the road, we all recognize the benefits of expansion and will continue to explore those opportunities.[/size][/font]
[font=montserrat][size=14px]
On Gameday Parking: [/size][/font]
[font=montserrat][size=14px] This year, we have had to alter our parking plans for football Saturdays due to plans to construct the Health and Wellness Center. Those parking plans have been communicated by our Athletic Foundation but please let us know if you have any questions about game day parking. Along the same lines, the arrival of light rail will allow a greater number of people access to our campus. Current plans do not forecast that the light rail will be complete for the 2017 fall season, but we do expect the line to be up and running this academic year. Game day experience and atmosphere is an area we continue to review. Fan feedback helps us to strengthen experience and traditions we all enjoy as well as improving on the areas where we need to get better. So, we want to hear from you. Please take a few minutes to complete a short fan survey by clicking here.[/size][/font]
[font=montserrat][size=14px] [/size][/font]