Football facilities and expansion

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:520, topic:30091”][quote=“Gassman, post:519, topic:30091”][quote=“ghostofclt, post:511, topic:30091”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:508, topic:30091”]my response to the survey question on there that asks what they can do to create a better gameday experience
Win and no longer have students participate in events on center court wearing the jersey’s of players that have transferred out of the program. the halftime entertainment at basketball games has been subpar recently. Instead of youth group on unicycles, get halftime entertainment that will pump up the fans. also, the song played during the intro of men’s basketball games is dull. Find one that gets players and fans excited.[/quote]

clt says slow down bro. Unicycles are woke.[/quote]

I second this. I dig the unicycle kids. Nothing wrong with them.[/quote]

other than being boring. its probably good for hot dog sales because as soon as people see that this is the halftime entertainment, that is where people head.[/quote]

clt hopes you are kidding.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:520, topic:30091”][quote=“Gassman, post:519, topic:30091”][quote=“ghostofclt, post:511, topic:30091”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:508, topic:30091”]my response to the survey question on there that asks what they can do to create a better gameday experience
Win and no longer have students participate in events on center court wearing the jersey’s of players that have transferred out of the program. the halftime entertainment at basketball games has been subpar recently. Instead of youth group on unicycles, get halftime entertainment that will pump up the fans. also, the song played during the intro of men’s basketball games is dull. Find one that gets players and fans excited.[/quote]

other than being boring. its probably good for hot dog sales because as soon as people see that this is the halftime entertainment, that is where people head.[/quote] Nah. Some of us head upstairs for the world class potato chips they serve at halftime.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:522, topic:30091”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:520, topic:30091”][quote=“Gassman, post:519, topic:30091”][quote=“ghostofclt, post:511, topic:30091”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:508, topic:30091”]my response to the survey question on there that asks what they can do to create a better gameday experience

other than being boring. its probably good for hot dog sales because as soon as people see that this is the halftime entertainment, that is where people head.[/quote] Nah. Some of us head upstairs for the world class potato chips they serve at halftime.[/quote]

clt hopes you like plain lays. Ranch or BBQ is too much. Kentucky may have that son.

I like this idea, but the restrictions need to be more specific. After all, the definition of “female” has changed since I was a teen.

Liberty University to expand Williams Stadium to 25,000 in time for home game with Syracuse

We always seem to be a dollar short and a day short to the dance. We need a AD and a new attitude in the office.

Hate it or not, agree or not, expansion here will be tied to attendance/“need”. So we need to win.

Hate it or not, agree or not, expansion here will be tied to attendance/“need”. So we need to win.[/quote]

Hate it or not, agree or not, big time recruits don’t want to play in a glorified high school stadium, we need to go to 25K ASAP!

By 2018, coastal and liberty will both play in bigger stadiums than ours.

Let that sink in for a while.

[quote=“Niner National, post:529, topic:30091”]By 2018, coastal and liberty will both play in bigger stadiums than ours.

Let that sink in for a while.[/quote]

Liberty’s is already bigger than ours (19K). They are just expanding again because their AD knows 19K is not big enough.

[quote=“FSL Owner, post:530, topic:30091”][quote=“Niner National, post:529, topic:30091”]By 2018, coastal and liberty will both play in bigger stadiums than ours.

Liberty’s is already bigger than ours (19K). They are just expanding again because their AD knows 19K is not big enough.
[/quote]

An AD with a vision and a plan, must be nice. Maybe we’ll have nice things one day, like wins in relevant sports.

Hate it or not, agree or not, expansion here will be tied to attendance/“need”. So we need to win.[/quote]

Dubois told me we need to fill the stadium to justify it, and even then expansion won’t come without another Jerry Richardson level gift.

School really discounts the demand to sit between the 20s. Paying full price to sit in a corner or end zone is why I scalp, and why I don’t attend games that I can’t scalp. I prefer to sit higher up as it is. A deck would ensure I buy 4 season tickets every year.

It is tough to fill a stadium when you do close to zero advertisement of tickets and you aren’t winning.

[quote=“BigTymers99, post:531, topic:30091”][quote=“FSL Owner, post:530, topic:30091”][quote=“Niner National, post:529, topic:30091”]By 2018, coastal and liberty will both play in bigger stadiums than ours.

[/quote]

An AD with a vision and a plan, must be nice. Maybe we’ll have nice things one day, like wins in relevant sports.[/quote]

I can’t help but wonder if both the AD and chancellor do not want to deal with having to expand the stadium.

Sad because next year is gonna be a mess. The App game is going to sell out super fast, if they don’t do tickets right there is going to be a lot more black and gold than green and gold

Dubois told me we need to fill the stadium to justify it, and even then expansion won’t come without another Jerry Richardson level gift.

School really discounts the demand to sit between the 20s. Paying full price to sit in a corner or end zone is why I scalp, and why I don’t attend games that I can’t scalp. I prefer to sit higher up as it is. A deck would ensure I buy 4 season tickets every year.[/quote]

Dubois needs to be holding the people in charge of filling the stadium accountable.

[quote=“49r9r, post:534, topic:30091”][quote=“BigTymers99, post:531, topic:30091”][quote=“FSL Owner, post:530, topic:30091”][quote=“Niner National, post:529, topic:30091”]By 2018, coastal and liberty will both play in bigger stadiums than ours.

[/quote]

An AD with a vision and a plan, must be nice. Maybe we’ll have nice things one day, like wins in relevant sports.[/quote]

I can’t help but wonder if both the AD and chancellor do not want to deal with having to expand the stadium.[/quote] Dubois might think that a stadium with two levels would look out of proportion to the surroundings. You know, sort of like a tower might.

BTW, this is not a flippant comment. I really think there is chance the dude may think this way. SAD.

Maybe he just wants everyone to be really close to the action. That way we can all see him fall on his ass again!!

Someone in the AD needs to be made to understand this. The more TV like high viewing angles are frankly better as well. I’ve thought about relocating if we ever get a deck, and buying two more seats.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:537, topic:30091”]Dubois might think that a stadium with two levels would look out of proportion to the surroundings. You know, sort of like a tower might.

BTW, this is not a flippant comment. I really think there is chance the dude may think this way. SAD.[/quote]

There’s nothing flippant about it. This very point made it into an Observer story during, IIRC, our first season (something about ruining the beautiful sightlines). Though it was the Observer writer who said it (may have even been Sorenson), it would not at all surprise me to learn that Dubois feels that way and even suggested it.

I also do not think either Phil or Judy want to deal with expansion. They don’t want to market the games; why would they want to tackle something much harder? We’re gonna need another generous benefactor and/or a new AD for it to happen.

And yes, the App game is gonna be a mess. We have no business playing them in a 15k stadium. Our fans are gonna be left wanting tickets too.