Football facilities and expansion

Our first game at home versus a SEC opponent, can’t wait!

FSL holders get the first option to buy single game tickets… there will most certainly be tax on the secondhand market for those tickets[/quote]

That is a great point. I think I will buy a handful of them.[/quote]

I might even set up tents in my back yard for them to Airbnb, I welcome all traveling teams $. Could pay for my whole year of season tickets with 1 game.[/quote]
They’d probably welcome that, not being used to electricity and running water.[/quote] Yea, but they’d want to pay with goats and chickens.[/quote]

True. But they claim their goats and chickens are much smarter than the average App student.[/quote] Fixed

Maybe we could borrow design ideas from this high school stadium.

[size=12px][font=Helvetica][/size][size=12pt]http://usatodayhss.com/2017/the-70-3-million-katy-texas-stadium-is-ready-to-open-and-it-leaves-an-impression[/size][size=12px][/font][/size]

that upper level looks great, and doable, thinking about the stadium and expansion, does anyone know the amount of money that has been expended in starting the football program overall? a nice bit of coin i am sure, and we are still in the great recession, i have to keep reminding myself of that, we are told otherwise constantly

Georgia St.'s locker room reveal,

[quote=“chidave, post:565, topic:30091”]Georgia St.'s locker room reveal,

https://twitter.com/GeorgiaStateFB/status/897621172824813568[/quote]

Say what? Who are you listening to?

We are not in the GREAT RECESSION anymore unless you are listening to fake news. Dow up to all-time high, every customer in our company having record year in sales and profit.

[quote=“FridayNiner, post:564, topic:30091”]that upper level looks great, and doable, thinking about the stadium and expansion, does anyone know the amount of money that has been expended in starting the football program overall? a nice bit of coin i am sure, and we are still in the great recession, i have to keep reminding myself of that, we are told otherwise constantly[/quote] Not to start a political discussion, but if think we are still in recession, you are being deluded by some news organization. One or a few people not doing well does not constitute a recession. There is no underlying overall economic reason for not expanding our football stadium.
There may be specific fiscal problems inside the athletic dept, but those problems can not be blamed on the overall economy.

ODU and Coastal Carolina (our peers) are both expanding in this economy. We need a vision and a plan on the table to expand to over 20,000 seats.

At the top of that plan needs to be what we will do with those extra seats. Sure, for App and a few other future games we can sell those seats, but right now we cannot sell what we have. My strategy is to go 6-6 and be in a bowl game, but the Athletic Department needs a strategy to sell tickets if we go 3-9 again.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/15/fox-news-poll-64-say-us-still-in-recession-yet-58-optimistic-about-economy.htmlIdont think im dont like political discussions and this is not the place to have one, but i dont think i am delusional, i dont subscribe to any news organizations but cull an opinion from many different sources such as the ones i have listed-wake up

Most stadiums aren’t full every game. Need to have the stadium larger so for the games we can have more interest (Marshall, Duke, UNC-CH, App, etc) in so that we can fill it then and maximize profits.

I’d say 30k max, 25k seems like a sweet spot.

Dude that was from January 2015!!! Take the tin foil hate off. Our AD doesn’t want to promote or sell anything… just buying time and boosting retirement funds.

I think we may be to the point of losing recruits when they know 16k is most they will play in front of the home crowd. I think 23-30k is right about right for growth and other big games. We should be around 20k for every game with the number of alumni in the area and growing student enrollment. If we start winning, then it is a no-brainer.

Besides all the sound, well stated logical arguments above, there’s also the issue of perception. At the G5 level, if you aren’t moving forward, you are falling behind. Collectively, we don’t have the TV $$ that the P5 has, but it hasn’t stopped other programs with pushing forward on facilities, etc. You also simply cannot have the stigma of having the smallest stadium in FBS. That is a ridiculous yoke to carry in recruiting.

I am very much about optics when it comes to our program, and I constantly question what discussions, if any, are being had about optics - of particular decisions, about the lack of stated plans and goals, and definitely about branding. I do feel like the football program itself is trying to deal with those individually, which is probably for the best, but at some level, the administration needs to be involved and both clear and transparent, to inspire confidence.

[quote=“moss2k, post:573, topic:30091”]Most stadiums aren’t full every game. Need to have the stadium larger so for the games we can have more interest (Marshall, Duke, UNC-CH, App, etc) in so that we can fill it then and maximize profits.

I’d say 30k max, 25k seems like a sweet spot.[/quote]

I stated the same basic thing on the previous page (p22) of this thread.

This is happening in Ruston, Louisiana.

http://www.latechsports.com/genrel/081717aaa.html

Louisiana Tech Athletics took a page out of the famous line from the 1989 American baseball classic Field of Dreams, “If you build it, they will come.”

With the final touches to the new press box and luxury suites at Joe Aillet Stadium being completed over the next few days, Louisiana Tech Athletics Director Tommy McClelland announced today that all 13 of the premium seating suites within the facility have been sold. McClelland also announced that all 302 premium seats in the Davison Athletics Complex have been sold out for the third straight season.

The revenue from the luxury suites and the club level provides Louisiana Tech Athletics an additional revenue stream of $1.25 million per year.

“Not only do the new luxury suites provide some of our corporate partners and donors a premium seating option, but it’s a significant financial benefit to our athletics department,” said McClelland. “We are very fortunate at Louisiana Tech to have some great relationships with both businesses and individuals that want to be a part of our vision. We can’t thank all of our season ticket holders enough for their support of our University and our football program. I would also like to thank the Louisiana Tech University Foundation and its Board for their cooperation and partnership on this project. It could not have been done without them.”

extra $1.25 million a year? That more than offsets loss in TV revenue.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:578, topic:30091”]This is happening in Ruston, Louisiana.

http://www.latechsports.com/genrel/081717aaa.html

Louisiana Tech Athletics took a page out of the famous line from the 1989 American baseball classic Field of Dreams, “If you build it, they will come.”

With the final touches to the new press box and luxury suites at Joe Aillet Stadium being completed over the next few days, Louisiana Tech Athletics Director Tommy McClelland announced today that all 13 of the premium seating suites within the facility have been sold. McClelland also announced that all 302 premium seats in the Davison Athletics Complex have been sold out for the third straight season.

The revenue from the luxury suites and the club level provides Louisiana Tech Athletics an additional revenue stream of $1.25 million per year.

“Not only do the new luxury suites provide some of our corporate partners and donors a premium seating option, but it’s a significant financial benefit to our athletics department,” said McClelland. “We are very fortunate at Louisiana Tech to have some great relationships with both businesses and individuals that want to be a part of our vision. We can’t thank all of our season ticket holders enough for their support of our University and our football program. I would also like to thank the Louisiana Tech University Foundation and its Board for their cooperation and partnership on this project. It could not have been done without them.”

[/quote] Fake News! This could not possibly happen in Ruston in the middle of a now 10 year old Great Recession.