Football facilities and expansion

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:578, topic:30091”]This is happening in Ruston, Louisiana.

http://www.latechsports.com/genrel/081717aaa.html

Louisiana Tech Athletics took a page out of the famous line from the 1989 American baseball classic Field of Dreams, “If you build it, they will come.”

With the final touches to the new press box and luxury suites at Joe Aillet Stadium being completed over the next few days, Louisiana Tech Athletics Director Tommy McClelland announced today that all 13 of the premium seating suites within the facility have been sold. McClelland also announced that all 302 premium seats in the Davison Athletics Complex have been sold out for the third straight season.

The revenue from the luxury suites and the club level provides Louisiana Tech Athletics an additional revenue stream of $1.25 million per year.

“Not only do the new luxury suites provide some of our corporate partners and donors a premium seating option, but it’s a significant financial benefit to our athletics department,” said McClelland. “We are very fortunate at Louisiana Tech to have some great relationships with both businesses and individuals that want to be a part of our vision. We can’t thank all of our season ticket holders enough for their support of our University and our football program. I would also like to thank the Louisiana Tech University Foundation and its Board for their cooperation and partnership on this project. It could not have been done without them.”

[/quote]

LA Tech went 8-5 and then won their bowl game last year. That sells tickets.

0 Likes

Thats a bit of a concern for me. My neighbors kid is getting recruited now and I recommended he look at Charlotte because he wants to go into architecture. And while he did go look at the school and liked architecture program he was left underwhelmed by the stadium. It didn’t help that Lambert didn’t wow him but thats a dfferent issue entirely.

0 Likes

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:578, topic:30091”]This is happening in Ruston, Louisiana.

Louisiana Tech Athletics took a page out of the famous line from the 1989 American baseball classic Field of Dreams, “If you build it, they will come.”

With the final touches to the new press box and luxury suites at Joe Aillet Stadium being completed over the next few days, Louisiana Tech Athletics Director Tommy McClelland announced today that all 13 of the premium seating suites within the facility have been sold. McClelland also announced that all 302 premium seats in the Davison Athletics Complex have been sold out for the third straight season.

The revenue from the luxury suites and the club level provides Louisiana Tech Athletics an additional revenue stream of $1.25 million per year.

“Not only do the new luxury suites provide some of our corporate partners and donors a premium seating option, but it’s a significant financial benefit to our athletics department,” said McClelland. “We are very fortunate at Louisiana Tech to have some great relationships with both businesses and individuals that want to be a part of our vision. We can’t thank all of our season ticket holders enough for their support of our University and our football program. I would also like to thank the Louisiana Tech University Foundation and its Board for their cooperation and partnership on this project. It could not have been done without them.”

[/quote]

clt says we should not be looking up at la tech

0 Likes

Thats a bit of a concern for me. My neighbors kid is getting recruited now and I recommended he look at Charlotte because he wants to go into architecture. And while he did go look at the school and liked architecture program he was left underwhelmed by the stadium. It didn’t help that Lambert didn’t wow him but thats a dfferent issue entirely.[/quote]Lambert strikes me as a guy that is only going to appeal to a certain type of kid.

Hearing him talk, in my opinion he comes off as having the personality of a sack of potatoes.

Couple that with the small stadium and I imagine many kids walk away underwhelmed.

0 Likes

Meanwhile at Charlotte our plan is to cut back on pre-game dinners for donors to make up for the loss of revenue.

0 Likes

Thats a bit of a concern for me. My neighbors kid is getting recruited now and I recommended he look at Charlotte because he wants to go into architecture. And while he did go look at the school and liked architecture program he was left underwhelmed by the stadium. It didn’t help that Lambert didn’t wow him but thats a dfferent issue entirely.[/quote]

A 15,000 seat stadium gives the perception of “small time”, both to the general public and also to recruits.

0 Likes

clt says this is problematic. City planning is the way to go*

*seinfeld reference.

0 Likes

Thats a bit of a concern for me. My neighbors kid is getting recruited now and I recommended he look at Charlotte because he wants to go into architecture. And while he did go look at the school and liked architecture program he was left underwhelmed by the stadium. It didn’t help that Lambert didn’t wow him but thats a dfferent issue entirely.[/quote]Lambert strikes me as a guy that is only going to appeal to a certain type of kid.

Hearing him talk, in my opinion he comes off as having the personality of a sack of potatoes.

Couple that with the small stadium and I imagine many kids walk away underwhelmed.[/quote]

I will say that the staff did a better job than florida states. His mom described that staff as complete jack asses on their visit down there.

0 Likes

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:587, topic:30091”]clt says this is problematic. City planning is the way to go*

*seinfeld reference.[/quote] I’ve always wondered just what Clt looks like. I will now find out by looking up his picture accompanying “esoteric” in the dictionary.

0 Likes

[font=courier][size=medium]genuine[/size][/font] [font=courier][/size][size=medium]question[/size][/font]. “[font=Roboto][/size][size=11px]Lambert strikes me as a guy that is only going to appeal to a certain type of kid.” [/size][/font][font=courier][/size][size=medium] what kind of kid(s) are we after/do we attract?[/size][/font]

0 Likes

[quote=“earlyniner, post:590, topic:30091”][font=courier][size=medium]genuine[/size][/font] [font=courier][size=medium]question[/size][/font]. “[font=roboto][size=11px]Lambert strikes me as a guy that is only going to appeal to a certain type of kid.” [/size][/font][font=courier][size=medium] what kind of kid(s) are we after/do we attract?[/size][/font][/quote]based on our performance, not the right ones.

Like the rest of our athletic department, Lambert seems to run a very wholesome low-risk “family” team. Unfortunately, that won’t cut it at the G5 level if you want to be a consistent winner. You have to take risks on kids that may not be sound academically, may have previous behavioral issues, or a difficult to manage ego.

Some people may want to watch a wholesome loser, but I’m quite tired of it.

0 Likes

[quote=“Niner National, post:591, topic:30091”]Unfortunately, that won’t cut it at the G5 level if you want to be a consistent winner. You have to take risks on kids that may not be sound academically, may have previous behavioral issues, or a difficult to manage ego.

Some people may want to watch a wholesome loser, but I’m quite tired of it.[/quote]

Agreed.

Especially considering how well Kevin Olsen worked out for us.

0 Likes

I like the kids Lambert has recruited.

0 Likes

If we make it to a bowl this year, it will be the fastest its ever been done by a start up program. My concerns with Lambert are more with his in game strategy than his recruitment and development. We had a 3rd round draft pick and 3 other players sign UFA contracts. That’s not bad for a FCS class.

This year and in particular next year will give us a better picture of whether Lambert will be able to succeed here.

0 Likes

[quote=“chidave, post:594, topic:30091”]If we make it to a bowl this year, it will be the fastest its ever been done by a start up program. My concerns with Lambert are more with his in game strategy than his recruitment and development. We had a 3rd round draft pick and 3 other players sign UFA contracts. That’s not bad for a FCS class.

This year and in particular next year will give us a better picture of whether Lambert will be able to succeed here.[/quote]I hate to spoil the season for you, but we won’t sniff bowl eligibility this year with Mullen and a weak D-line.

Lambert may be a fine coach, but we may never know because he has an anchor of an offensive coordinator dragging him down and if he’s unwilling to make a change there after 4 years of utter garbage on offense (despite having several players with talent), then he’s a bad coach regardless of any assets he brings in other areas.

0 Likes

I am not going to judge this team until I see them play. I do believe we have the best rb, wr and qb that we have ever started a season. I’m a big fan of KP3, but Washington will be a superior rb for us. Bostic should show us some nfl potential. The offensve coordinator remains my biggest concern.

0 Likes

[quote=“Nugget, post:581, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:578, topic:30091”]This is happening in Ruston, Louisiana.

[/quote]

LA Tech went 8-5 and then won their bowl game last year. That sells tickets.[/quote]

No doubt. The article makes reference to them having a vision, and people wanting to be a part of it. That sells tickets and luxury suites too.

0 Likes

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:597, topic:30091”][quote=“Nugget, post:581, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:578, topic:30091”]This is happening in Ruston, Louisiana.

[/quote]

LA Tech went 8-5 and then won their bowl game last year. That sells tickets.[/quote]

No doubt. The article makes reference to them having a vision, and people wanting to be a part of it. That sells tickets and luxury suites too.[/quote]

clt says our vision is “nice”

0 Likes

[quote=“Niner National, post:595, topic:30091”][quote=“chidave, post:594, topic:30091”]If we make it to a bowl this year, it will be the fastest its ever been done by a start up program. My concerns with Lambert are more with his in game strategy than his recruitment and development. We had a 3rd round draft pick and 3 other players sign UFA contracts. That’s not bad for a FCS class.

This year and in particular next year will give us a better picture of whether Lambert will be able to succeed here.[/quote]I hate to spoil the season for you, but we won’t sniff bowl eligibility this year with Mullen and a weak D-line.

Lambert may be a fine coach, but we may never know because he has an anchor of an offensive coordinator dragging him down and if he’s unwilling to make a change there after 4 years of utter garbage on offense (despite having several players with talent), then he’s a bad coach regardless of any assets he brings in other areas.[/quote]

You may be correct, I’m no fan of Mullen but he has no excuses this year if the offense under-performs. We have a QB that is perfect for his system, as good a 1-2 punch at RB as we can hope to have, plenty of talent at WR, and a decent line. If Klugh remains healthy and the O doesn’t produce and Mullen is still here, that’s on Lambert.

While there are major concerns on the D-Line, the LBs and secondary should be solid. If the DL can just be adequate and we are aggressive on D (we have the secondary to blitz) then perhaps it can be good enough if Mullen is able to exploit the talent on O.

The season may be spoiled, but I think there are enough pieces in place for us to get in that 4 (which is the Vegas over under) to 6 win range. We’ll know quickly, 3-1 out of the first 4 and a bowl is probable, 2-2 it’s possible, 1-3 and it’s time for some analysis.

Should Lose: Kansas St.
Should be 50-50ish: EMU and Georgia St
Should Win: NC A&T

0 Likes

If we had found a way to enroll Jaylen Allen, I would have been really excited about our O Line. Would have probably been the deepest group we have had. It still looks pretty good anyway.

Klugh has to be more accurate with his passes, and I think some of that comes from being a little less predictable on offense. I think the thing fans and maybe some of our players get tired of is other teams calling out our plays before we run them. I know I guess them about 75% of the time, and I’m just some chucklehead in the stands with Madden and attending a few games as my only football background. I imagine the other team’s DC either licking his chops or dying of boredom, depending on how much he cares.

We never got any pass pressure from our D Line last year, so our DBs will be used to being hung out to dry… So I dont understand the blitz commentary - we already had to with last year’s personnel and scheme. Nothing’s changed there. The new wrinkle this year threatens to be an inability to stop the run. Larry closed down the middle and made it damn near impossible to run between the tackles on us (you had to be really committed to it and take him out of the play). That’s gone fellas. I expect HB power runs right up the gut early and often this season to test how doughy soft our middle is. The LBs & safeties are going to set tackling records that wont be good ones - our opponents YPA is going to be gaudy/embarrassing, I suspect. We won’t be able to stop either the run or the pass.

0 Likes