Football facilities and expansion

Me too

[quote=“chidave, post:594, topic:30091”]If we make it to a bowl this year, it will be the fastest its ever been done by a start up program. My concerns with Lambert are more with his in game strategy than his recruitment and development. We had a 3rd round draft pick and 3 other players sign UFA contracts. That’s not bad for a FCS class.

This year and in particular next year will give us a better picture of whether Lambert will be able to succeed here.[/quote]

And we were literally 2 x 1 pt late losses from going 6-6 and playing in a bowl last year (in our first year of bowl eligibility)…

[quote=“chidave, post:599, topic:30091”][quote=“Niner National, post:595, topic:30091”][quote=“chidave, post:594, topic:30091”]If we make it to a bowl this year, it will be the fastest its ever been done by a start up program. My concerns with Lambert are more with his in game strategy than his recruitment and development. We had a 3rd round draft pick and 3 other players sign UFA contracts. That’s not bad for a FCS class.

This year and in particular next year will give us a better picture of whether Lambert will be able to succeed here.[/quote]I hate to spoil the season for you, but we won’t sniff bowl eligibility this year with Mullen and a weak D-line.

Lambert may be a fine coach, but we may never know because he has an anchor of an offensive coordinator dragging him down and if he’s unwilling to make a change there after 4 years of utter garbage on offense (despite having several players with talent), then he’s a bad coach regardless of any assets he brings in other areas.[/quote]

You may be correct, I’m no fan of Mullen but he has no excuses this year if the offense under-performs. We have a QB that is perfect for his system, as good a 1-2 punch at RB as we can hope to have, plenty of talent at WR, and a decent line. If Klugh remains healthy and the O doesn’t produce and Mullen is still here, that’s on Lambert.

While there are major concerns on the D-Line, the LBs and secondary should be solid. If the DL can just be adequate and we are aggressive on D (we have the secondary to blitz) then perhaps it can be good enough if Mullen is able to exploit the talent on O.

The season may be spoiled, but I think there are enough pieces in place for us to get in that 4 (which is the Vegas over under) to 6 win range. We’ll know quickly, 3-1 out of the first 4 and a bowl is probable, 2-2 it’s possible, 1-3 and it’s time for some analysis.

Should Lose: Kansas St.
Should be 50-50ish: EMU and Georgia St
Should Win: NC A&T[/quote]

Great post…I will now wait for NN to tell you why you are wrong.

[quote=“919R, post:602, topic:30091”][quote=“chidave, post:594, topic:30091”]If we make it to a bowl this year, it will be the fastest its ever been done by a start up program. My concerns with Lambert are more with his in game strategy than his recruitment and development. We had a 3rd round draft pick and 3 other players sign UFA contracts. That’s not bad for a FCS class.

This year and in particular next year will give us a better picture of whether Lambert will be able to succeed here.[/quote]

And we were literally 2 x 1 pt late losses from going 6-6 and playing in a bowl last year (in our first year of bowl eligibility)…[/quote]

I get nauseous when I think about that…and I do often. Sad. Soooo close…:confounded::rage::triumph::weary::tired_face:

[quote=“49er1, post:604, topic:30091”][quote=“919R, post:602, topic:30091”][quote=“chidave, post:594, topic:30091”]If we make it to a bowl this year, it will be the fastest its ever been done by a start up program. My concerns with Lambert are more with his in game strategy than his recruitment and development. We had a 3rd round draft pick and 3 other players sign UFA contracts. That’s not bad for a FCS class.

And we were literally 2 x 1 pt late losses from going 6-6 and playing in a bowl last year (in our first year of bowl eligibility)…[/quote]

I get nauseous when I think about that…and I do often. Sad. Soooo close…:confounded::rage::triumph::weary::tired_face:[/quote]

Me too. I just think its kind of funny that if we had been that TINY amount better (really very little difference in the team could have done it) and won those games, how many people would be complaining about “where we are as a program” and how “sorry our coaches are”, etc. ::slight_smile: [font=Verdana][size=78%] [/size][/font]

[quote=“919R, post:605, topic:30091”][quote=“49er1, post:604, topic:30091”][quote=“919R, post:602, topic:30091”][quote=“chidave, post:594, topic:30091”]If we make it to a bowl this year, it will be the fastest its ever been done by a start up program. My concerns with Lambert are more with his in game strategy than his recruitment and development. We had a 3rd round draft pick and 3 other players sign UFA contracts. That’s not bad for a FCS class.

I get nauseous when I think about that…and I do often. Sad. Soooo close…:confounded::rage::triumph::weary::tired_face:[/quote]

Me too. I just think its kind of funny that if we had been that TINY amount better (really very little difference in the team could have done it) and won those games, how many people would be complaining about “where we are as a program” and how “sorry our coaches are”, etc. ::)[/quote]

What if that FAU player got his feet inbounds? Our coaching staff isn’t exceptional otherwise we would have won a FBS game at home over the last two seasons. Rice was arguably the worse FBS team in the country last season and we couldn’t beat them at home with a big lead in the second half. If we don’t have a FBS home win by the end of the UAB game this year Lambert should be fired on the spot.

There is a plausible argument that our 1 or 2 point losses were the result of poor decisions by the coaching staff during the 4th quarter of those games. Hardly an argument in their favor.

FAU and Marshall swung our way. Rice and FIU didn’t. Everyone remove your green tinted glasses. We finished right where we deserved. I will remind everyone that in our OOC FBS games (Removing Looserville) we were outscored by 81 points. We weren’t a bowl caliber team last year.

Having the psycho at QB did nothing to help us compete or improve versus ODU, Temple or Eastern Michigan. I hope we go toward a more run oriented offense myself, but also so that we can gash people down the field with play action. We have some big strong WR’s and I am really looking forward to seeing the TE transfer from California. His highlights were impressive. I also hope we occasionally ditch the hurry up offense so that we can manage the clock and give our defense a break. We still are not deep enough to think that we can run other teams to the point to where they are more tired than our guys are. The OC needs to show some evolution so that he best utilizes favorable match-ups and game situations. Maybe we will see that. We did finally see a QB take a snap from center last year - I was shocked.

Our coaching staff thought the “psycho” was the best option for us. Forgive me not having much trust in our coaching staff.

you could probably say this about quite a few “bowl teams” last year and every year.

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:606, topic:30091”][quote=“919R, post:605, topic:30091”][quote=“49er1, post:604, topic:30091”][quote=“919R, post:602, topic:30091”][quote=“chidave, post:594, topic:30091”]If we make it to a bowl this year, it will be the fastest its ever been done by a start up program. My concerns with Lambert are more with his in game strategy than his recruitment and development. We had a 3rd round draft pick and 3 other players sign UFA contracts. That’s not bad for a FCS class.

Me too. I just think its kind of funny that if we had been that TINY amount better (really very little difference in the team could have done it) and won those games, how many people would be complaining about “where we are as a program” and how “sorry our coaches are”, etc. ::)[/quote]

What if that FAU player got his feet inbounds? Our coaching staff isn’t exceptional otherwise we would have won a FBS game at home over the last two seasons. Rice was arguably the worse FBS team in the country last season and we couldn’t beat them at home with a big lead in the second half. If we don’t have a FBS home win by the end of the UAB game this year Lambert should be fired on the spot.[/quote]

WTH said they were?

you could probably say this about quite a few “bowl teams” last year and every year.[/quote]which is why it’s hard for me to get excited about bowl games. I care way more about winning the conference and even the ooc schedule than I do any of cusa’s toilet bowl tie ins.

Picture of the new wall treatment at the Rich:

clt endorses the new wall.

you could probably say this about quite a few “bowl teams” last year and every year.[/quote]which is why it’s hard for me to get excited about bowl games. I care way more about winning the conference and even the ooc schedule than I do any of cusa’s toilet bowl tie ins.[/quote]

I’ll take a bowl game. It should improve our image, hopefully increase local interest in our program, and help recruiting.

A bowl game is the next step, and I’ll be very happy when we take it.

Give me a bowl game. Players love it, it’s great for the program, it guarantees us another game against a non-losing team (and sometimes against some name teams), helps in recruiting, gives you an extra month of practice, and provides a lot of momentum when building.

Very Nice!!

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:619, topic:30091”]Very Nice!!

[/quote]

Looks great!