Football facilities and expansion

If we expand I hope the stadium will have an upper deck on both sides.

I hope for 100K. Dream big!

1 Like

Stadium improvement talk and college football go hand and hand.

Exactly. I have been saying this since day one.

Thereā€™s no basis though, correct? Its all just speculation.

I think it is fair discussion with the ongoing development of an Athletics facilities master plan.

One could argue that Hill recognizes the stadium is too small by bringing in temp seats for a big game. Would the former AD have done that? Everthing Iā€™ve seen indicates an opposition to temp seats and bathrooms.

EDIT: maybe I didnā€™t word my argument the best. It was stated B.H. they werenā€™t going to expand until people randomly decided to show up on their own. Hill seems to be giving indications with the temp seats and the facilities master plan that expansion is a priority.

If nothing else temp seats provides a measuring stick for bigger games. One would think that they could have sold 40,000 tickets to the App game. Sellouts are great, but having room for someone to walk up to the ticket counter builds fan bases.

2 Likes

I hope for a 30,000 seat stadium, with 70,000 people bidding to buy my FSLs.

I like this as a possibility:

Panther Stadium at Blackshear Field

clt hopes we keep the stadium as balanced as possible. Having one large section makes it appear as if you ran out of money during the expansion

CLT has earned my respect with his wit, but I diagree about balance. The best views into the stadium are from beyond the Tryon End Zone and from Epic. The best views away from the stadium are toward these areas. So building the expansion in these areas would be wasteful. The best design would be to add seats on the visitors side and eliminate the pressbox there, but allow for future club seats for the year we win the SEC. This design would improve views looking out of the stadium by increasing elevation without obstructing any views into or out of the stadium because of increasing elevation. Though small, the current views into and out of the stadium are great. You are welcome

clt thinks we are saying the same thing. Build deck on the student side to increase capacity, and deck/suites on alumni side. Keep the north end zone open for the view of cri

Seeing these again, and as someone familiar withe the use of Trimble Sketchup, Iā€™m reminded of what I thought of these rendering when I first saw them.

They represent exactly 1 hour of laziness.

Thank goodness we have Hill to now see to expansion. I feel like he will do it the right way.

What pic are you referring to?

If you click the image of Mr_Bojangles avatar and name in the top right of my post above it will show you the renderings Iā€™m referring too.

1 Like

App is putting ā€œPremiumā€ seating into their North Endzone. Here is info including pricing to get a feel for what might be possible here.

End zone seats are the worst!

depends on what aspect of the game youā€™re most interested in.
end zone seats great for watching line play.