Football facilities and expansion

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:59, topic:30091”][quote=“Ninercentral, post:54, topic:30091”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:51, topic:30091”][quote=“TRLeader, post:50, topic:30091”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:48, topic:30091”]http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/education/article_b12def66-a052-11e5-ab5b-9b281fb2a5cb.html

Just saw this, wish we could have a real AD.[/quote]

Not sure the AD gets credit for stadium expansion here. Read the article…current stadium seats less than 10K and SunBelt requires min of 15K. Give credit to the SunBelt for minimum guidelines moreso than the AD for expanding stadium for some random conceived notion.[/quote]

Ok the AD should get credit for the additional 9K of the seats…could of done the bare minimum but we all know that no AD would do that.

They have a plan and a vision, we have an AD who thinks we are being mean when we ask for answers or ideas.[/quote]

Where did it say 9K? I was trying to figure out the size of the expansion when I read this earlier.

If that’s true, it’s telling that Coastal thinks they can sell 10k extra seats but we don’t…[/quote]

TR’s point was the SunBelt requires the universities in their conference to have a 15K stadium but they are expanding to 24K.[/quote]

The NCAA basically requires FBS programs to average 15k attendance, so the Sun Belt’s “requirement” does not mean much, but I get your larger point that they are exceeding that.

[quote=“919R, post:60, topic:30091”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:59, topic:30091”][quote=“Ninercentral, post:54, topic:30091”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:51, topic:30091”][quote=“TRLeader, post:50, topic:30091”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:48, topic:30091”]http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/education/article_b12def66-a052-11e5-ab5b-9b281fb2a5cb.html

Not sure the AD gets credit for stadium expansion here. Read the article…current stadium seats less than 10K and SunBelt requires min of 15K. Give credit to the SunBelt for minimum guidelines moreso than the AD for expanding stadium for some random conceived notion.[/quote]

Ok the AD should get credit for the additional 9K of the seats…could of done the bare minimum but we all know that no AD would do that.

They have a plan and a vision, we have an AD who thinks we are being mean when we ask for answers or ideas.[/quote]

Where did it say 9K? I was trying to figure out the size of the expansion when I read this earlier.

If that’s true, it’s telling that Coastal thinks they can sell 10k extra seats but we don’t…[/quote]

TR’s point was the SunBelt requires the universities in their conference to have a 15K stadium but they are expanding to 24K.[/quote]
The linked articles say 20,000. I haven’t seen 24K. Where is that?[/quote]

I bunch of Coastal fans were saying 24K on the SunBelt board. This article it is a little less than 22K:

Guess it isn’t set in stone yet.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:48, topic:30091”]http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/education/article_b12def66-a052-11e5-ab5b-9b281fb2a5cb.html

That requires work, like fundraising, actually going all over the country, I mean state, can’t imagine our AD going beyond Charlotte’s city limits, to raise the money. There’s not too many Jerry Richardson’s willing to throw down cash at the drop of the hat. So you have to actually bust your a$$, to raise the money. Judy Rose is on coast mode. Football team, check. Stadium built, check. Title 12, working on it. Anything else, ummm…nah, I’m good. Move on! Time for someone else to take over and take us to the next level!

[quote=“charlotte004, post:63, topic:30091”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:48, topic:30091”]http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/education/article_b12def66-a052-11e5-ab5b-9b281fb2a5cb.html

That requires work, like fundraising, actually going all over the country, I mean state, can’t imagine our AD going beyond Charlotte’s city limits, to raise the money. There’s not too many Jerry Richardson’s willing to throw down cash at the drop of the hat. So you have to actually bust your a$$, to raise the money. Judy Rose is on coast mode. Football team, check. Stadium built, check. Title 12, working on it. Anything else, ummm…nah, I’m good. Move on! Time for someone else to take over and take us to the next level![/quote]

Judy has gone into banking regulation?

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:57, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:53, topic:30091”]I’m very jealous of Coastal Carolina.

They have a football stadium expansion plan and it will hold more fans than our stadium.
They kicked our ass twice in football
They have been to the NCAA Basketball tournament the past 2 seasons
They knocked our soccer team out of the NCAA Tournament 2 years ago
Their baseball facilities are top notch and they are consistently in the NCAA tournament.
Josh Norman and Mike Tolbert went there.

They have 10,000 students, far fewer alumni than we do, and are located in a city with less than 20,000 people in it. How do they do it?[/quote]

LEADERSHIP![/quote]
Joe Moglia is the football coach. Former high school FB coach, then CEO at TD Ameitrade. Retired and came back to coaching. There was a great article about him on 60 minutes sports a few months ago. He convinced a couple of his TD Ameritrade friends to donate to CCU Athletics - enough to replace their football field with an ugly teal sportsturf. Looks worse than Boise State.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:57, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:53, topic:30091”]I’m very jealous of Coastal Carolina.

They have a football stadium expansion plan and it will hold more fans than our stadium.
Their baseball facilities are top notch and they are consistently in the NCAA tournament.

They have 10,000 students, far fewer alumni than we do, and are located in a city with less than 20,000 people in it. How do they do it?[/quote]

LEADERSHIP![/quote]

It’s a sad day when CCU is our role model. Congrats to them. I wonder how far we would have fallen without our tv market. That’s a scary thought.

[quote=“49r9r, post:66, topic:30091”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:57, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:53, topic:30091”]I’m very jealous of Coastal Carolina.

LEADERSHIP![/quote]

It’s a sad day when CCU is our role model. Congrats to them. I wonder how far we would have fallen without our tv market. That’s a scary thought.[/quote]

We’d be worse than usc-upstate. :’( :-X :-\

Dewboys mentioned adding temporary bleachers in our C-USA press conference in 2012. Even mentioned meeting with the architects about stadium expansion.

Since then … ¯_(ツ)_/¯

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:68, topic:30091”]Dewboys mentioned adding temporary bleachers in our C-USA press conference in 2012. Even mentioned meeting with the architects about stadium expansion.

Since then … ¯_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpEn2myHgQA[/quote]

We have a nice little stadium… so…

Temp Bleachers = More Bathrooms = More Pee and Poop

We got enough Pee and Poop for Phil and Judy’s tastes already.

[quote=“EE9er, post:69, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:68, topic:30091”]Dewboys mentioned adding temporary bleachers in our C-USA press conference in 2012. Even mentioned meeting with the architects about stadium expansion.

Since then … ¯_(ツ)_/¯

We have a nice little stadium… so…[/quote]

Every time I try to visualize us hosting Duke, the Tarholes, and App in our nice little stadium, i get indigestion.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:53, topic:30091”]I’m very jealous of Coastal Carolina.

Two words: CLIFF ELLIS

[quote=“49r9r, post:71, topic:30091”][quote=“EE9er, post:69, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:68, topic:30091”]Dewboys mentioned adding temporary bleachers in our C-USA press conference in 2012. Even mentioned meeting with the architects about stadium expansion.

Since then … ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Every time I try to visualize us hosting Duke, the Tarholes, and App in our nice little stadium, i get indigestion.[/quote]

Did you attend the Marshall game this past season?

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:68, topic:30091”]Dewboys mentioned adding temporary bleachers in our C-USA press conference in 2012. Even mentioned meeting with the architects about stadium expansion.

Since then … ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So after watching this video I got upset, let me explain why…based off what Judy and Phil were saying, the makeup of C-USA the conference looked like this…

UAB, Marshall, Rice, USM, UTEP, ECU, Tulsa, and Tulane staying…UCF, Houston, Southern Methodist, and Memphis leaving…and FIU, UNT, UTSA, and Charlotte replacing them. Doesn’t sound like too bad of a conference. Plus Judy said repeatedly she was excited about the rivalry with ECU. Then one year after we join, ECU, Tulsa, and Tulane leave…In my opinion we got screwed.

Don’t get me wrong, I show up to almost every Charlotte basketball game and every football game to cheer on my Niners, but I would much rather be playing ECU and Memphis instead of FIU and UTSA… but beggars can’t be choosers so I am glad we are playing FBS football!

that would be nice to realign again and go back to the old conference usa (i know some schools dont have football) so we would be back to facing Ciny, Louisville, Marquette, Memphis, ECU, Houston,…etc

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:73, topic:30091”][quote=“49r9r, post:71, topic:30091”][quote=“EE9er, post:69, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:68, topic:30091”]Dewboys mentioned adding temporary bleachers in our C-USA press conference in 2012. Even mentioned meeting with the architects about stadium expansion.

Since then … ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Every time I try to visualize us hosting Duke, the Tarholes, and App in our nice little stadium, i get indigestion.[/quote]

Did you attend the Marshall game this past season?[/quote]you mean the game that didn’t sell out?

[quote=“Niner National, post:76, topic:30091”][quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:73, topic:30091”][quote=“49r9r, post:71, topic:30091”][quote=“EE9er, post:69, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:68, topic:30091”]Dewboys mentioned adding temporary bleachers in our C-USA press conference in 2012. Even mentioned meeting with the architects about stadium expansion.

Since then … ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Did you attend the Marshall game this past season?[/quote]you mean the game that didn’t sell out?[/quote]

It was a sellout.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com//ViewContent.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&CONTENT_ID=1496063

[quote=“Niner National, post:76, topic:30091”][quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:73, topic:30091”][quote=“49r9r, post:71, topic:30091”][quote=“EE9er, post:69, topic:30091”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:68, topic:30091”]Dewboys mentioned adding temporary bleachers in our C-USA press conference in 2012. Even mentioned meeting with the architects about stadium expansion.

Since then … ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Did you attend the Marshall game this past season?[/quote]you mean the game that didn’t sell out?[/quote]

Other than some students not in their seats and walking the place was packed. Seats were even selling on Stubhub for 3X or 4X face value.

This season was a scheduling mess really… Biblical rain for 2 games, Halloween afternoon game was unfortunate but not much you can do the way the calendar fell. The only game I thought was a turd was UTSA.

There is absolutely no reason why we can’t sell out a 15k stadium and selling out a 25k stadium shouldn’t be an insurmountable challenge.

That falls squarely on the AD and the lack of effort/creativity/talent they show for selling tickets.