Football marketing campaign with Coca-Cola

per Mike Cranston from the CO on twitter:

UNC Charlotte announces marketing agreement with Coca-Cola for new football program
Store displays with 49ers mascot in Heisman pose , T-shirt giveaways RT @rossmith: details on the Coke - Charlotte marketing partnership?

[quote=“2k, post:1, topic:24019”]per Mike Cranston from the CO on twitter:

UNC Charlotte announces marketing agreement with Coca-Cola for new football program
Store displays with 49ers mascot in Heisman pose , T-shirt giveaways RT @rossmith: details on the Coke - Charlotte marketing partnership?
[/quote]

I hope this is legit. It would be awesome, but did anyone ask Dale Halton about this? :o

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205006731&DB_OEM_ID=23200

[quote=“919R, post:2, topic:24019”][quote=“2k, post:1, topic:24019”]per Mike Cranston from the CO on twitter:

[/quote]

I hope this is legit. It would be awesome, but did anyone ask Dale Halton about this? :o[/quote]

DOBA 91…Even before “Sweet” popped into my head, Dale Halton did.

I see this as us being one step closer to a full partnership with Dr. Pepper! mmmmmmmmmm ;D 8)

I wonder how many stores these “displays” will be in. The article says “select Charlotte retailers” and then later makes reference to “University City”. I hope its not limited just to UC stores. I know this promo. has to start somewhere, but I hate when we limit ourselves to such a small area. It should atleast be all around Charlotte/Mecklenburg County, if not surrounding counties.

[quote=“s9er, post:4, topic:24019”][quote=“919R, post:2, topic:24019”][quote=“2k, post:1, topic:24019”]per Mike Cranston from the CO on twitter:

[/quote]

I hope this is legit. It would be awesome, but did anyone ask Dale Halton about this? :o[/quote]

DOBA 91…Even before “Sweet” popped into my head, Dale Halton did.[/quote]
Same. Well, the Dr. Pepper thing popped into my head, then Dale Halton, then “sweet.”

Coca-Cola/Halton problems aside… I want one of those standups. And if this can lead to Charlotte being included in the “send in x labels for a t-shirt” type deals that we’ve been left out of for so long, I’m all for it. Now, would this lead to the football stadium being Coke and Halton being Pepsi? It’s 2010… I say we have a society where both can exist in the same building.

Thad be cool! I like Coke better than Pepsi. ;D

Hayes Stadium is a Coke facility…

I am very surprised by this. Dale Halton HAD to have given to OK for this. No way this would have happened otherwise.

They probably went to Pepsi first and Dale wasn’t able to get them to do the same deal for us. In that case I think Dale would have been fine asking Coke about it.

Agreed I doubt this deal was done without approval from Dale Halton.

Dale Halton no longer runs Pepsi… since she retired a few years ago. I think she loves the 49er programs enough to see the benefits.

Dale is all about Charlotte, if another company wants to help make the community take notice I am sure she would have been pleased. We all know how important she is and will continue to be… but also good to see CC Consolidated there for us as well…

Wow. I work for Coke Consolidated and this is the first I have heard of it.

More than likely these displays will be required in Mecklenburg County and Concord stores only, however the sales reps have discretion and if they can convince store managers to put up displays then they can go wherever.
I would look for a lot of activity in local gas stations and convenience stores too. I will likely try to put something up in one of my stores but I am skeptical simply because all of the accounts I represent have store managers with ties to other Universities.

More than likely these displays will be required in Mecklenburg County and Concord stores only, however the sales reps have discretion and if they can convince store managers to put up displays then they can go wherever.
I would look for a lot of activity in local gas stations and convenience stores too. I will likely try to put something up in one of my stores but I am skeptical simply because all of the accounts I represent have store managers with ties to other Universities.[/quote]

Let me know a store manager that will not put this up. I will gladly take his display.

I would look for a lot of activity in local gas stations and convenience stores too. I will likely try to put something up in one of my stores but I am skeptical simply because all of the accounts I represent have store managers with ties to other Universities.[/quote]

Let me know a store manager that will not put this up. I will gladly take his display.[/quote]

I would take one as well.

Until these displays get out, they are doing other things. I posted last week when my wife saw a display at the local Harris Teeter. Today, she found one at the Lowes Foods in Harrisburg. Pics coming shortly. Looks good.