Football Town Hall Meeting - February 9th, 4pm - McKnight Hall

thanks, now 100% in the “Not Going” category.

I hope the “Football Townhall” sign on the following gets the students there:

Some of you will believe anything that’s said. It’s their party, they expect you to pay for it and you’ll get and invitation ONLY if you’re one of the coolest kids.

Well, that’s really quite reasonable. I don’t recall if I said anything, but I’ll go ahead and apologize this time either way since I talk plenty of smack and was thinking it with this too lol. If it’s for students, you want to get them before they are off campus, partying, w/e.

If it wasn’t mentioned, perhaps mention the target next time for the excitable crowd. Wasn’t posted in this thread fwiw. Of course, you scare away others who could make it if you target some. :shrug:[/quote]

Nothing about “town hall” makes me think this was for students. My guess is the AD has gotten wind alums are not happy about the start time and are pivoting using the oh this was just for students line. I call BS on this. In addition to that it is insane to hold anything for just students and not have a corresponding FSL holder town hall.[/quote]Call me naive, but as an alumnus and FSL holder I have received no notice of this event. I am pretty sure that they did not invite me. I think it was jfickett that mentioned it here and that is the only way that I knew about it.

Well, that’s really quite reasonable. I don’t recall if I said anything, but I’ll go ahead and apologize this time either way since I talk plenty of smack and was thinking it with this too lol. If it’s for students, you want to get them before they are off campus, partying, w/e.

If it wasn’t mentioned, perhaps mention the target next time for the excitable crowd. Wasn’t posted in this thread fwiw. Of course, you scare away others who could make it if you target some. :shrug:[/quote]

Nothing about “town hall” makes me think this was for students. My guess is the AD has gotten wind alums are not happy about the start time and are pivoting using the oh this was just for students line. I call BS on this.[/quote]
This is more of a devil’s advocate approach because to be totally honest, I’d prefer not to have so much dislike for my school’s AD. AND because this argument that they changed this to students focused after people started bitching doesn’t totally hold water yet.

The students can have a town hall meeting. I really see no reason why they couldn’t. The name describes the form of the meeting, not who it was set up for.

Perhaps none of the alums got an actual invitation for a reason this time instead of just failure. BUT, maybe they didn’t want to specify that it wasn’t for us because look what happens:

thanks, now 100% in the "Not Going" category.
Don't want to scare away any non-student who could have gotten there.
Some of you will believe anything that's said. It's their party, they expect you to pay for it and you'll get and invitation ONLY if you're one of the coolest kids.
Look, I'm not totally satisfied with how the school and the AD goes about lots of things, but I'm not prepared to condemn them for every conspiracy theory that doesn't have sufficient evidence to hold water.
In addition to that it is insane to hold anything for just students and not have a corresponding FSL holder town hall.
[b]Has any alum asked for one? Ask for one. Then, if you don't get it we'll have a valid excuse to hate on the AD again.[/b]

Nothing about “town hall” makes me think this was for students. My guess is the AD has gotten wind alums are not happy about the start time and are pivoting using the oh this was just for students line. I call BS on this.[/quote]
This is more of a devil’s advocate approach because to be totally honest, I’d prefer not to have so much dislike for my school’s AD. AND because this argument that they changed this to students focused after people started bitching doesn’t totally hold water yet.

The students can have a town hall meeting. I really see no reason why they couldn’t. The name describes the form of the meeting, not who it was set up for.

Perhaps none of the alums got an actual invitation for a reason this time instead of just failure. BUT, maybe they didn’t want to specify that it wasn’t for us because look what happens:

thanks, now 100% in the "Not Going" category.
Don't want to scare away any non-student who could have gotten there.
Some of you will believe anything that's said. It's their party, they expect you to pay for it and you'll get and invitation ONLY if you're one of the coolest kids.
Look, I'm not totally satisfied with how the school and the AD goes about lots of things, but I'm not prepared to condemn them for every conspiracy theory that doesn't have sufficient evidence to hold water.
In addition to that it is insane to hold anything for just students and not have a corresponding FSL holder town hall.
[b]Has any alum asked for one? Ask for one. Then, if you don't get it we'll have a valid excuse to hate on the AD again.[/b][/quote]

I understand what you are saying Bust - and you might be correct, but given our ADs track they do not get the benefit of the doubt from me.

As for a meeting with FSL holders - why do we have to ask for one? We are paying customers. Their treatment of FSL holders up to this point has been shameful. We have received virtually nothing from the AD. In fact if the students asked for one the thought process from them should have been hmm if we are doing one for students at 4 we should do one for FSL holders at 6.

Sorry for being cynical - but nothing they have done lately has bought any faith from me.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:45, topic:24853”]I understand what you are saying Bust - and you might be correct, but given our ADs track they do not get the benefit of the doubt from me.

As for a meeting with FSL holders - why do we have to ask for one? We are paying customers. Their treatment of FSL holders up to this point has been shameful. We have received virtually nothing from the AD. In fact if the students asked for one the thought process from them should have been hmm if we are doing one for students at 4 we should do one for FSL holders at 6.

Sorry for being cynical - but nothing they have done lately has bought any faith from me.[/quote]
On a lot of things, I hear yall and am with yall. I just think anger and cynicism can be like a snowball and you lump the perfectly reasonable in with the bad too easily.

I don’t know what we should have gotten. It was a donation to start a program. I just want my seats and my team. I don’t need a whole hoopla. Oh, and like a brick with my name on it or a statue with our names on it like at Panthers Stadium. I expect to get that. We did get that nice thing for when they announced football too. I was impressed with that. Should we have gotten more?

Do the FSL holders need one (a meeting)? I don’t know. I personally don’t have any questions. Do you? I agree, I think they should have thought that way too, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world. Like I say, I don’t really have any questions so maybe I’m not a great judge of it.

I think I am with Bust on this one. I have waited a long time to be able to say we had football, and it’s here. Some folks that think giving $1,000 for an FSL should equate to them being met at the door each game with red carpet. I gave that money to help start a football program. It is now happening. As Bust said, they had a nice meeting for us when it started, and as of now, I have no questions to ask. There WILL be a coach, there WILL be a team, and we WILL play in a conference at some point. I don’t think the AD owes it to me to keep me involved in the everyday interviewing, etc process. I think we will know soon, but all this Friday talk got some of us worked up too much, but it was fun, I enjoyed it. Just my $.02.

I don’t need a red carpet. Hell all of us that helped get this started haven’t gotten anything and thats ok with me. I just wanted a football team. What I am mainly upset about is I feel like we should be given the same respect they are giving students.

So basically I don’t need a red carpet but a small piece of indoor/outdoor carpet would be nice.

I don’t need a red carpet. Hell all of us that helped get this started haven’t gotten anything and thats ok with me. I just wanted a football team. What I am mainly upset about is I feel like we should be given the same respect they are giving students.

So basically I don’t need a red carpet but a small piece of indoor/outdoor carpet would be nice.[/quote]
I don’t need anything. I just don’t want more evidence that this is a mickey mouse athletic department.

Here is a link to the Campus Events Calendar: http://campusevents.uncc.edu/home?page=5

As of 1/30/11 nothing for 2/9 at 4PM has been added. In even less than 2 weeks away with nothing on the calendar. Has an email event went out to the students?

Also of note, plenty of other student only functions listed AFTER 5pm.

The funny thing is, after no marketing, terrible timing, they’ll go back to their homes and wonder why there was low attendance and decide to limit functions like this due to the horrible attendance. “We tried and got 20 people, guess that’s what we get for showing we care. ho-hum”

I’m just a loyal Niner who keeps sending $$$ in hoping good things will happen. Wish some of you Niner diehards were running things more - passion is important and contagious.

So basically I don’t need a red carpet but a small piece of indoor/outdoor carpet would be nice.[/quote]

I understand what you are saying, but I just am not as disappointed in the AD on this event. I want my meeting to come when there are concrete details that need to be worked out such as tailgating, seating structure and so on. That is when I want my input to be heard. Right now I just don’t think there is much to talk about at a meeting. If the students want to learn about something now, I am just glad the AD is HOPEFULLY trying to get their attention.

But it is strange that nothing has been said about this other than on here. Guess only time will tell what comes of it.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:48, topic:24853”]What I am mainly upset about is I feel like we should be given the same respect they are giving students.

I think what is happening here is too much assuming. They assume we are cool without having a meeting, and you assume they would think we should get one if the students asked for one.

I say just ask them for a meeting. If you don’t get it, then complain all you want lol.

[quote=“49or bust, post:52, topic:24853”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:48, topic:24853”]What I am mainly upset about is I feel like we should be given the same respect they are giving students.

I think what is happening here is too much assuming. They assume we are cool without having a meeting, and you assume they would think we should get one if the students asked for one.

I say just ask them for a meeting. If you don’t get it, then complain all you want lol.[/quote]
Or since students are paying all kinds of money in fees, they are giving them special treatment. I want even be a student when we start playing football and im already paying for the stadium

[quote=“charlotteguy88, post:53, topic:24853”][quote=“49or bust, post:52, topic:24853”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:48, topic:24853”]What I am mainly upset about is I feel like we should be given the same respect they are giving students.

I say just ask them for a meeting. If you don’t get it, then complain all you want lol.[/quote]
Or since students are paying all kinds of money in fees, they are giving them special treatment. I want even be a student when we start playing football and im already paying for the stadium[/quote]
Nah. Lol. I’ve heard NWA answer this one like a dozen times. I’ll take it this time.

NWA payed for Halton. Never used it as a student. I payed for the new Student Union. Never used it as a student. You pay for football. Won’t use it as a student. It’s a cycle. In this case, no one deserves special treatment.

I think some of us, me included, are getting too impatient. We know the time is almost here to name a coach and begin construction on the stadium. Maybe we are trying to jump a little ahead of schedule. I was all excited about this meeting but now it appears there is not much to it.

[quote=“49or bust, post:54, topic:24853”][quote=“charlotteguy88, post:53, topic:24853”][quote=“49or bust, post:52, topic:24853”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:48, topic:24853”]What I am mainly upset about is I feel like we should be given the same respect they are giving students.

Or since students are paying all kinds of money in fees, they are giving them special treatment. I want even be a student when we start playing football and im already paying for the stadium[/quote]
Nah. Lol. I’ve heard NWA answer this one like a dozen times. I’ll take it this time.

NWA payed for Halton. Never used it as a student. I payed for the new Student Union. Never used it as a student. You pay for football. Won’t use it as a student. It’s a cycle. In this case, no one deserves special treatment.[/quote]

Thanks Bust! Couldn’t have said it any better!

If it’s for students, no shot at beer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently we’re getting the message out in Kershaw, SC. :)) I was at the Kershaw Correctional Institute with a guy from my church on Sat. Two guys liked my 49ers shirt. One even told me he’d be out of jail, & back up North by fall '13, but he would be supporting us.

If it IS indeed for students then 4 still doesn’t make sense. classes get out at 315 and then at 445. I cant go bc i have class till 445

Guys, the fact of the matter is that no matter when they schedule something like this… there will be people who can’t make it.

For whatever reason, this event is scheduled at 4:00. Can’t make it? That sucks. Deal with it.

The athletic department is not out to get you. I repeat. The athletic department is not out to get you.

This isn’t the IRS, folks.

That’s too bad. I’d love if the athletic department was out to get stuff from us.