Football Uniforms

are those two different pair of green pants or am I crazy?

Depends how much junk you fit in the box I suppose

The bookstore’s leak was terrible. Horrendous. I still stand by that opinion - it isn’t just the jersey, but the fact that it appeared to be a cheap recreation of the jersey.

After seeing the total package, I’m cool with them. I’d have liked to see more gold than just a tiny stripe, and certainly would have liked a C-Pick, but I give them money to watch games, not to have an opinion. Overall it is a good clean look. I’m happy with them.

I’ll have my crow fried, please. Be sure to use gluten-free flour to make the batter. Thanks.

[quote=“Normmm, post:260, topic:27405”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:254, topic:27405”]The white jerseys are pretty sharp. I like our green, but as was mentioned we have one hell of a hard time matching our greens. Also, the green is dark and close to the black. The white jersey just has more pop to it. I’m also a man of practicality, the white will be easier to match if you buy one and you also won’t spontaneously combust on Aug. 31.

If I had to rank them I’d go:
1.) white jersey/green pants
2.) all white
3.) green jersey/white pants
4.) all green[/quote]

My same rank. As far as the green being dark, have to wonder if the black accent under the arms would have popped more with a gold or white accent instead.[/quote]

Yea, I guess it could have, but since they’re a Nike design that holds across the board for other schools they may have only so many options. Or do you mean switching the black out for white or gold? I was taking you to mean to accent with one of those colors between the black and green.

As for everyone’s concerns with the gold, I understand why some may have liked to see it, or even see more, but technically, it’s not a school color, it just pertains to our nickname. The black isn’t either but it’s fairly standard in uniforms today along with being the trend for the last so many years. I just can’t get all up in arms for a non-school color getting incorporated more, but I do understand it.

This is the example of a #goodfan

I hope every player on the team goes with the tinted visor… Looks badass against the white helmet/facemask.

So I let it sink in. I saw the video first and did not like the all green option, especially because it looked like the pants and shirt were different shades. I’ve warmed to it a bit since then, but I think my preference is the same as SF"s list.

Would have liked to see the C Pick, but I’m guessing that was one of the “looked too busy” options Lambert was discussing. He likes things simple, so that doesnt surprise me.

On the subject of colors, etc, speaking as a UT fan - the Vols, powerhouse program that they are - constantly mismatch the orange on their jerseys, etc. It’s really hard to get the orange on the T on the helmet to match the pants because the helmet version is shiny and the pants aren’t. Howeverm oftentimes, the jerseys and pants dont match perfectly either. Then to add to the confusion, the fanbase is wearing dozens of shades of orange in the stands. It’s less noticeable in a wide crowd shot though, and ends up looking fine. What I am saying is don’t sweat it. It’s not that big of a deal.

Also, I like the unis. They look sharp.

i like them. I like them enough that I hope we just stay with it for 20 years and make it mean something to “wear the green and white”.

not saying to not have a blackout game or throw in a gold homecoming uniform one year for fun, but this is an effective design that really works great for branding, so i hope it just stays the same.
The jersey says CHARLOTTE, the pants have a logo, oh and there’s a helmet, i’m good with that. There will be plenty of logos within Nameless Stadium to know who we are.

WIll we have names on the back??

This is the example of a #goodfan[/quote]

Oh, I have opinions alright. Plenty of them, and they also come with the understanding that nobody in the AD gives two shits about them.

This is the example of a #goodfan[/quote]

Oh, I have opinions alright. Plenty of them, and they also come with the understanding that nobody in the AD gives two shits about them.[/quote]

OK then you are a #badfan :slight_smile:

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:264, topic:27405”][quote=“Normmm, post:260, topic:27405”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:254, topic:27405”]The white jerseys are pretty sharp. I like our green, but as was mentioned we have one hell of a hard time matching our greens. Also, the green is dark and close to the black. The white jersey just has more pop to it. I’m also a man of practicality, the white will be easier to match if you buy one and you also won’t spontaneously combust on Aug. 31.

If I had to rank them I’d go:
1.) white jersey/green pants
2.) all white
3.) green jersey/white pants
4.) all green[/quote]

My same rank. As far as the green being dark, have to wonder if the black accent under the arms would have popped more with a gold or white accent instead.[/quote]

Yea, I guess it could have, but since they’re a Nike design that holds across the board for other schools they may have only so many options. Or do you mean switching the black out for white or gold? I was taking you to mean to accent with one of those colors between the black and green.

As for everyone’s concerns with the gold, I understand why some may have liked to see it, or even see more, but technically, it’s not a school color, it just pertains to our nickname. The black isn’t either but it’s fairly standard in uniforms today along with being the trend for the last so many years. I just can’t get all up in arms for a non-school color getting incorporated more, but I do understand it.[/quote]

Yes. Meant switching the black out with white or gold.

I get that the gold is not an official color. But I think we’re missing a marketing opportunity by not making it an official school color. I have a cousin who lives in VA. He’s not a really big sports fan. However, he sent me a message after the unis were revealed. “Surprised they didn’t use more gold”. I think him not being a big sports fan, but recognizing the 49er mascot, he simply assumed there would be more gold. It’s almost Marketing 101.

I like the Green Jersey / White Pants combo the best.

Anything with green pants is bad, especially the green jersey / green pants. I hate when the Jets do it and I will hate when we do it.

I think the uniforms are a nice clean look. However, expect them to change over the years more often then we all probably like. Only a handful of programs leave their uniforms the same, it is just how things are done now.

Looks like we will. There is a place for the name plate.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/charlotte-49ers-strike-gold-first-ever-football-uniforms-172939282.html

:)) “Strikes gold”. Your honor, I rest my case.

:)) “Strikes gold”. Your honor, I rest my case.[/quote]

Comment section face palm.

Comment section face palm.[/quote]

:mad:I know right…I hope the people trashing our 49er name aren’t from around here cause if they are they need a history lesson

Comment section face palm.[/quote]

:mad:I know right…I hope the people trashing our 49er name aren’t from around here cause if they are they need a history lesson[/quote]

They obviously don’t know our history and probably are not from around here. If I hear one more moron dissing our nickname because we’re not in California, I’m going to verbally piss on them. Ignorant a-holes. Thanks to one guy, Lewis, who tried to educate them.

Damn quotes.