Football Vote

Everyone was wanting to see the questions… well here it is folks:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/16655837.htm

It would have been nice if the pollsters had listed what you get for $100, $200, $300, etc instead of having a generic question. I’m a little worried many students will automatically choose $100 because of a lack of knowledge.

clt blames rex grossman

Everyone was wanting to see the questions... well here it is folks:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/16655837.htm

These are the times that try men’s souls.

The summer student and the sunshine alumnus will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their university; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as football should not be highly rated. Chapel Hill, with an army of to enforce her tyranny, has declared that she has a right, not only to underfund, but “to BIND us in a UNC system” and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God.

Whether the football study was declared too soon, or delayed too long, I will not now enter into as an argument; my own simple opinion is, that had it been eight years earlier, it would have been much better. We did not make a proper use of the last couple years, neither could we, while we were in the Atlantic 10. However, the fault, if it were one, was all our own; we have none to blame but ourselves. But no great deal is lost yet. All that Judy has been doing for these years past, is rather a ravage than a conquest, which the spirit of the Niners will soon recover.

I have as little superstition in me as any man living, but my secret opinion has ever been, and still is, that God Almighty will not give up a people to live without football, or leave them unsupportedly to perish, who have so earnestly and so repeatedly sought to avoid the calamities of this administration, by every decent method which wisdom could invent. Neither have I so much of the infidel in me, as to suppose that He has relinquished the campus of Charlotte, and given us up to the care of devils; and as I do not, I cannot see on what grounds the Chancellor of UNC Charlotte can look up to heaven for help against us: a common murderer, a highwayman, or a house-breaker, has as good a pretence as he.

That was the funniest thing I’ve read on this board in a while.

As an American History teacher, I endorse the above post.

These are the times that try men's souls.

The summer student and the sunshine alumnus will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their university; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as football should not be highly rated. Chapel Hill, with an army of to enforce her tyranny, has declared that she has a right, not only to underfund, but “to BIND us in a UNC system” and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God.

Whether the football study was declared too soon, or delayed too long, I will not now enter into as an argument; my own simple opinion is, that had it been eight years earlier, it would have been much better. We did not make a proper use of the last couple years, neither could we, while we were in the Atlantic 10. However, the fault, if it were one, was all our own; we have none to blame but ourselves. But no great deal is lost yet. All that Judy has been doing for these years past, is rather a ravage than a conquest, which the spirit of the Niners will soon recover.

I have as little superstition in me as any man living, but my secret opinion has ever been, and still is, that God Almighty will not give up a people to live without football, or leave them unsupportedly to perish, who have so earnestly and so repeatedly sought to avoid the calamities of this administration, by every decent method which wisdom could invent. Neither have I so much of the infidel in me, as to suppose that He has relinquished the campus of Charlotte, and given us up to the care of devils; and as I do not, I cannot see on what grounds the Chancellor of UNC Charlotte can look up to heaven for help against us: a common murderer, a highwayman, or a house-breaker, has as good a pretence as he.

Is this supposed to inspire me? Or confuse the hell out of me?

In either case…

what he said.

Oh yea and that last question is going to be the one they’ll use in their defense for not wanting a team since a good amount probably do not travel to see other schools… and I agree with the fee thing about how much to increase. What is a good dollar amount to agree to so atleast we all know which one is reasonable to vote for?

clt highly endorses that post.

Here’s a more indepth story about the football questions.

[COLOR=black] [/COLOR][URL=http://media.www.nineronline.com/media/storage/paper971/news/2007/02/05/News/Questions.Announced.For.Football.Vote-2707786.shtml?sourcedomain=www.nineronline.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com][COLOR=black]http://media.www.nineronline.com/media/storage/paper971/news/2007/02/05/News/Questions.Announced.For.Football.Vote-2707786.shtml?sourcedomain=www.nineronline.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com[/COLOR][/URL]

Seriously… this guy can talk. I’ve heard his speeches before… and they rock…

[QUOTE]
“We really have to show the administration that we want football,” Gill told NinerOnline last week. “We’ve got to show that football is a popular topic that students care about.”
[/QUOTE]

William Wallace? is that you?

Hear, hear! I say, good sir, bravo! May your words of wisdom lead us in this time of revolution!

I’m going to point this out in bold because I think someone needs to do something about this so there is no confusion. I personally don’t know who to contact.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][B]The ad during the games by Ben Comstock for Vote-Football is nice, but the guy says the wrong URL! It shows someone typing in the correct address of “vote.uncc.edu”, but he says “www.vote.uncc.edu” The www doesn’t work. I think it’s worth doing something about. www.vote.uncc.edu doesn’t exist. We want votes so we need people not to have a hard time getting to it.[/B][/COLOR]

What do you think of the wording of the money question?

What do you think of the wording of the money question?

I like that there are options. Some people may want football and be willing to pay, and just put something like 25 bucks thinking that will be enough for football.

I don’t like that the amount already paid is on there, $425 already is a scary truth that many people would just rather not know about. It also may make some people say, we already have a dozen sports and that is only 425, so another sport shouldn’t cost but 50 bucks, i’ll put 100 just to be sure"

I'm going to point this out in bold because I think someone needs to do something about this so there is no confusion. I personally don't know who to contact.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]The ad during the games by Ben Comstock for Vote-Football is nice, but the guy says the wrong URL! It shows someone typing in the correct address of “vote.uncc.edu”, but he says “www.vote.uncc.edu” The www doesn’t work. I think it’s worth doing something about. www.vote.uncc.edu doesn’t exist. We want votes so we need people not to have a hard time getting to it.[/COLOR]

was he wearing a chapel hill shirt?

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;216904]What do you think of the wording of the money question?[/QUOTE]

Like I stated earlier in this thread, I thought it should have been more descriptive regarding the advantages of each amount. I thought it was a good idea to give different options regarding the amounts, but I hope it doesn’t backfire in some way.

BTW, Thomas Paine should visit us more often.

[QUOTE=Thomas Paine;216808]These are the times that try men’s souls.

I have as little superstition in me as any man living, but my secret opinion has ever been, and still is, that God Almighty will not give up a people to live without football, or leave them unsupportedly to perish, who have so earnestly and so repeatedly sought to avoid the calamities of this administration, by every decent method which wisdom could invent. Neither have I so much of the infidel in me, as to suppose that He has relinquished the campus of Charlotte, and given us up to the care of devils; and as I do not, I cannot see on what grounds the Chancellor of UNC Charlotte can look up to heaven for help against us: a common murderer, a highwayman, or a house-breaker, has as good a pretence as he.[/QUOTE]

You were my favorite President Thomas…

You were my favorite President Thomas.....

I would agree, tossup between him and Ben Franklin.

[QUOTE=ninerID;216936]I would agree, tossup between him and Ben Franklin.[/QUOTE]

I was a big Paul Revere fan as well…