Football Vote

:lmao: Ya’ll have digressed the hell out of this thread, but if we’re going on this topic, I was always a fan of sacagawea’s presidency. :smirk:

:lmao: Ya'll have digressed the hell out of this thread, but if we're going on this topic, I was always a fan of sacagawea's presidency. :smirk:

ok until this post I was worried some of you actually believed he was a president at one time… but nevermind.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;216947]ok until this post I was worried some of you actually believed he was a president at one time… but nevermind.[/QUOTE]
LOL, glad I could clear that up for you SF

Does anyone else think question number 4 is a little misleading? Are they trying to ask if students would attend other sporting events (track, soccer, baseball) if we got a football team or are they asking if you would be interesting in the football team if we got one… how did you guys take it?

[QUOTE=EE9er;216962]Does anyone else think question number 4 is a little misleading? Are they trying to ask if students would attend other sporting events (track, soccer, baseball) if we got a football team or are they asking if you would be interesting in the football team if we got one… how did you guys take it?[/QUOTE]

I took it to mean would football increase your interest in basketball, soccer, etc. In my mind that means football keeps you around in the fall, thus leading to more interest in basketball and other sports.

[QUOTE=WBNiner;216964]I took it to mean would football increase you interest in basketball, soccer, etc. In my mind that means football keeps you around in the fall, thus leading to more interest in basketball and other sports.[/QUOTE]
That’s how I took it

Does anyone else think question number 4 is a little misleading? Are they trying to ask if students would attend other sporting events (track, soccer, baseball) if we got a football team or are they asking if you would be interesting in the football team if we got one.... how did you guys take it?

honestly - my mind shot to “do you think we could break the 6,000 mark in halton again?”

I shall begin this post by asking the following question, Why is it that the enemy has taken football off the backburner, and made this issue the seat of debate? The answer is easy: There are some in the student body that will fight against it. I have been tender in raising the cry against these students, and used numberless arguments to show them their danger, but it will not do to sacrifice a world either to their folly or their baseness. The period is now arrived, in which either they or we must change our sentiments, or one or both must fall. And what is a student that will not choose to study a potential benefit to the university? Good God! What is he? I should not be afraid to go with a hundred Charlotte football supporters against a thousand football detracters, were they to attempt to get into arms. Every nay sayer is a coward; for servile, slavish, self-interested fear is their foundation against it; and a man under such influence, though he may be cruel, never can be brave.

But, before the line of irrecoverable separation be drawn between us, let us reason the matter together: Your conduct is an invitation to the enemy, yet not one in a thousand of you has heart enough to join him. Dubois expects you will all flock to his standard. Our opinions are of no use to him, unless you support him personally, for 'tis obedience, and not pride that he wants.

[QUOTE=Thomas Paine;216980]I shall begin this post by asking the following question, Why is it that the enemy has taken football off the backburner, and made this issue the seat of debate? The answer is easy: There are some in the student body that will fight against it. I have been tender in raising the cry against these students, and used numberless arguments to show them their danger, but it will not do to sacrifice a world either to their folly or their baseness. The period is now arrived, in which either they or we must change our sentiments, or one or both must fall. And what is a student that will not choose to study a potential benefit to the university? Good God! What is he? I should not be afraid to go with a hundred Charlotte football supporters against a thousand football detracters, were they to attempt to get into arms. Every nay sayer is a coward; for servile, slavish, self-interested fear is their foundation against it; and a man under such influence, though he may be cruel, never can be brave.

But, before the line of irrecoverable separation be drawn between us, let us reason the matter together: Your conduct is an invitation to the enemy, yet not one in a thousand of you has heart enough to join him. Dubois expects you will all flock to his standard. Our opinions are of no use to him, unless you support him personally, for 'tis obedience, and not pride that he wants.[/QUOTE]

Is this Common Sense for the 21st century?

I shall begin this post by asking the following question, Why is it that the enemy has taken football off the backburner, and made this issue the seat of debate? The answer is easy: There are some in the student body that will fight against it. I have been tender in raising the cry against these students, and used numberless arguments to show them their danger, but it will not do to sacrifice a world either to their folly or their baseness. The period is now arrived, in which either they or we must change our sentiments, or one or both must fall. And what is a student that will not choose to study a potential benefit to the university? Good God! What is he? I should not be afraid to go with a hundred Charlotte football supporters against a thousand football detracters, were they to attempt to get into arms. Every nay sayer is a coward; for servile, slavish, self-interested fear is their foundation against it; and a man under such influence, though he may be cruel, never can be brave.

But, before the line of irrecoverable separation be drawn between us, let us reason the matter together: Your conduct is an invitation to the enemy, yet not one in a thousand of you has heart enough to join him. Dubois expects you will all flock to his standard. Our opinions are of no use to him, unless you support him personally, for 'tis obedience, and not pride that he wants.

love it.

I think the students that vote need to understand one thing:

THERE IS A VERY GOOD CHANCE THEY MAY NEVER PAY A DIME!

If you are a senior, you are not going to, if you are a junior more than likely you won’t.

Soph and freshmen may pay a fee, but it would be most likely on the incremental stage.

I guess what I am trying to say is, there is not one person on this campus that will ever pay more than 200 bucks total on football.

[QUOTE=ninerID;216986]I think the students that vote need to understand one thing:

THERE IS A VERY GOOD CHANCE THEY MAY NEVER PAY A DIME!

If you are a senior, you are not going to, if you are a junior more than likely you won’t.

Soph and freshmen may pay a fee, but it would be most likely on the incremental stage.

I guess what I am trying to say is, there is not one person on this campus that will ever pay more than 200 bucks total on football.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention they will go down in history as the students that demanded change.

Not to mention they will go down in history as the students that demanded change.

I once felt all that kind of anger, which a man ought to feel, against the mean principles that are held by the anti-football crowd: a noted one, who wrote for the local newspaper, was standing at his door, with as pretty a child in his hand as I ever saw, and after speaking his mind as freely as he thought was prudent, finished with this unfatherly expression, “Some Charlotte 49ers alums want to start up a football program? Some advice to athletics director Judy Rose-- run.” Not a man lives on the continent but fully believes that a football program must some time or other finally take place, and a generous parent should have said, “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace;” and this single reflection, well applied, is sufficient to awaken every man to duty. Not a place upon earth might be so happy as Charlotte. Her situation is remote from all the wrangling world of the UNC, and she has nothing to do but to trade with them. A man can distinguish himself between temper and principle, and I am as confident, as I am that God governs the world, that Charlotte will never be happy till she gets clear of the baby blue stink that emits from within. Wars, without ceasing, will break out till that period arrives, and we must in the end be conqueror; for though the flame of football support may sometimes cease to shine, the coal can never expire.

[QUOTE=Thomas Paine;216997] for though the flame of football support may sometimes cease to shine, the coal can never expire.[/QUOTE]

Can I put that on my tombstone?

[QUOTE=Thomas Paine;216997]I once felt all that kind of anger, which a man ought to feel, against the mean principles that are held by the anti-football crowd: a noted one, who wrote for the local newspaper, was standing at his door, with as pretty a child in his hand as I ever saw, and after speaking his mind as freely as he thought was prudent, finished with this unfatherly expression, “Some Charlotte 49ers alums want to start up a football program? Some advice to athletics director Judy Rose-- run.” Not a man lives on the continent but fully believes that a football program must some time or other finally take place, and a generous parent should have said, “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace;” and this single reflection, well applied, is sufficient to awaken every man to duty. Not a place upon earth might be so happy as Charlotte. Her situation is remote from all the wrangling world of the UNC, and she has nothing to do but to trade with them. A man can distinguish himself between temper and principle, and I am as confident, as I am that God governs the world, that Charlotte will never be happy till she gets clear of the baby blue stink that emits from within. Wars, without ceasing, will break out till that period arrives, and we must in the end be conqueror; for though the flame of football support may sometimes cease to shine, the coal can never expire.[/QUOTE]

Here’s a link to a story WCNC did tonight about the upcomming vote:
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-020907-jmn-unc_student_poll.67dfa8dd.html

What a lot of the analysis to date seems to have not stated-> W/o football, the mens bb program/ msission statement of having a regular Top25 contender is in serious jeopardy. Consequently, their is a significant cost of NOT having football. Folks need to put that intheir calculations-> If we lost what we now have, how ‘expensive’ does the addition of I-AA football look? To me it’s an absolute no-brainer-> Charlotte MUST have football.

The landscape of college athletics has changed-> Charlotte has to adapt to it or suffer negative consequences.

I sent out a message to 1200 people on facebook in groups I admin to vote.

Anyone thought about CFI purchasing an ad on facebook? Its used at an INCREDIBLY high rate at UNC Charlotte.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;217047]Here’s a link to a story WCNC did tonight about the upcomming vote:
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-020907-jmn-unc_student_poll.67dfa8dd.html[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link Jimmy. Now I can put a face with the douche bag I already know and hate (Michael Parks).

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;217488]I sent out a message to 1200 people on facebook in groups I admin to vote.

Anyone thought about CFI purchasing an ad on facebook? Its used at an INCREDIBLY high rate at UNC Charlotte.[/QUOTE]
Central, we did a Facebook ad for the last vote. It hardly ever came up. It seems that the large companies with ads on there have their’s appearing almost time. Do you have some stats? Or you just see the same ads over and over?