Football Vote

c49er, facebook lists the impressions you purchase, and multiplies it by the number of days. ie., 30,000 per day is $15, and over 10 days is $150, which would be displaying the ad 300,000 times. Another option would be to run multiple ads over a shorter period of time, ie, 3 different ads with 30,000 per day for 3 days would be 90,000 per day, 270,000 overall, and $135 in chargesā€¦

http://uncc.facebook.com/flyers.php?src=create

happy said that at 11:45, there were 1301 votes in, 5.5% of the student body.

to put that into perspective, here is how the 2006 elections did on campus:

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][B]Total Ballots Submitted[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][B] 594 [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][B]Number of Enrolled Students[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][B] 21506 [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][B]Voter Turnout[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=Black] 2.76%[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[URL=http://www.wbtv.com/news/topstories/5749591.html]http://www.wbtv.com/news/topstories/5749591.html[/URL]

Woo! Media attention!

The graphs I made are getting plenty of face time, haha. Office 2007 rocks.

what is the mood on campus, are people IMā€™ing you to see if you voted, are there more than average people wearing football shirts? Are people talking about it?

No one on campus really knows as of yet. Most of these people have been in class since 8 am and havent checked emails and facebook. The buzz will grow as the day progresses.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The 1300 figure beats both mine and happycampers estimatesā€¦[/SIZE][/FONT]

Also, invite EVERYONE to join that group ā€œI Voted YES For Footballā€ on facebook. In the message, write that they should vote for the highest increase in student feeā€™s, to bring up the average, say that they should do it to show their total support

1900 people voted so far

7.91 votes per minute so far. I expect this to only go up. I project a decline starting tommorow morning.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;217562]In the message, write that they should vote for the higher increase in student feeā€™s, as they wont be here to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a typical fee hike. You should run for public office, Gill.

ā€œWe can budget and spend whatever we want, our kids will pay for it!!!ā€

how are you guys getting these turnout figures, from the inside or is there somewhere where we can all keep track of the stats.

It pays to pay people in high places. I dont lose nothing.

hereā€™s something for ya: a professor today, in the middle of his lecture stopped and asked, ā€œcan anyone think of anything stupider than UNCC getting a football team?ā€ about 5 students got up and left right then.

I got that update too, Gill.:tongue:

Oh, and finally, Jim is at the hospital as we speak having his son. I guess little Jarvis Lang Duncan couldnā€™t wait to vote.:smile:

[QUOTE=Gill2003;217610]It pays to pay people in high places. I dont lose nothing.[/QUOTE]

And here I thought the question was:

1: Your current yearly athletic fee for 2006-2007 is $425. If football were on campus today, how much would you be willing to pay in additional student fees per year?

That would seem to make your vote dishonest ā€¦

[QUOTE=49or bust;217613]Oh, and finally, Jim is at the hospital as we speak having his son. I guess little Jarvis Lang Duncan couldnā€™t wait to vote.:smile:[/QUOTE]
I suppose that we can expect Honest Abe Lincoln to shortly join us?

here's something for ya: a professor today, in the middle of his lecture stopped and asked, "can anyone think of anything stupider than UNCC getting a football team?" about 5 students got up and left right then.

That just goes to show you what weā€™re up against. My parents, for example, who have been huge supporters of the university despite being alumni of other universities, disagree with me on this topic. Some people want Charlotte to remain an economic bargain high-quality education. Sorry, weā€™re not Harvard, and Charlotte already has CPCC. Time to move forward.

Bust, is that for real about jimmyhat?

That just goes to show you what we're up against. My parents, for example, who have been huge supporters of the university despite being alumni of other universities, disagree with me on this topic. Some people want Charlotte to remain an economic bargain high-quality education. Sorry, we're not Harvard, and Charlotte already has CPCC. Time to move forward.

the lack of football doesnā€™t make us an economic bargain.

Bust, is that for real about jimmyhat?
Absolutely. Seriously, no sarcasm or nothin.

[QUOTE=austinniner;217616]That just goes to show you what weā€™re up against. My parents, for example, who have been huge supporters of the university despite being alumni of other universities, disagree with me on this topic. Some people want Charlotte to remain an economic bargain high-quality education. Sorry, weā€™re not Harvard, and Charlotte already has CPCC. Time to move forward.

[/QUOTE]

True.

If we are expecting 30K students in 15 years, the current status of this university will not cut it.
Costs will go up, partly as a deturent for students looking to mooch off the UNC systemā€¦ partly to help pay for all the new facilities needed to hold that many students.

And here I thought the question was:

1: Your current yearly athletic fee for 2006-2007 is $425. If football were on campus today, how much would you be willing to pay in additional student fees per year?

That would seem to make your vote dishonest ā€¦

ā€¦ your one to talkā€¦ you work for a newspaperā€¦

Besides, its a trick. Its worded to make it sound like we will have to shell out another 400$ right now, this semester to get football. Thats not the truth. Those people comming in, will have fair warning what tuition is. They will know when they apply, and the current students will likely have small incremental increases (as in students who start in 2 years, when football is a reality, they will have a samller fee then students who will apply the first year in football). It will be fair Mike, they wont make someone who is graduating '08 pay 400 bucks extra per year. And if they do, they will get some kind of uprated seating or something. It will all be made fair.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;217622]
Besides, its a trick. Its worded to make it sound like we will have to shell out another 400$ right now, this semester to get football. Thats not the truth. [/QUOTE]

Itā€™s a hypothetical. Youā€™re supposed to answer it as a hypothetical, not skew the vote. Would you, personally, pay the extra $400 right now, today?

Would you be willing to use the same strategy on global warming, the federal deficit and healthcare issues?