Football Vote

I think the SGA site summed it up nicely:

[QUOTE][B]Q: Will voting for a fee increase cause my fees to go up immediately?[/B]
No. The Athletic Department would likely phase in a “football fee” over several years. [/QUOTE]

Both sides should be honest about the issue.

It's a hypothetical. You're supposed to answer it as a hypothetical, not skew the vote. Would you, personally, pay the extra $400 right now, today?

Would you be willing to use the same strategy on global warming, the federal deficit and healthcare issues?

It does not say it is hypothetical. Students might think, if they vote for that, and that is what majority votes, they will have to pay for it right then and there. Stop trying to make me justify my pro-football actions. Of course its gonna be skewed… :lmao:

Of course its gonna be skewed... thats what you guys do when someone pays you at a starbucks to run a story about their political opponent :lmao:
Or like leaving us out as a contender for getting a top basketball prospect...:rolleyes::angry:

Now he’s gonna put a story in the paper about how we are skewing the votes… ironically, by doing that and making the pro-football movement look bad, he will also be skewing the votes he he he!! Gotta love Mike.

No one’s skewing any votes. Everyone has one vote and they can do with it as they choose.

No one's skewing any votes. Everyone has one vote and they can do with it as they choose.

YEAH MIKE. TAKE THAT! :tongue:

[QUOTE=Gill2003;217630]It does not say it is hypothetical. [/QUOTE]

Since you’re college students, I don’t think they felt the need to spell it out for you.

It’s ironic that you’re questioning my ethics while encouraging others to act unethically just because they won’t have to pay for it.

Gill I like you, but when it comes to football at charlotte, you shouldn’t piss in Mike P’s cornflakes, the O has done more for this than anyone. And I think b/c of them other media institutions have caught on, Fox, WBTV, News14, etc.

[quote=Mike_Persinger;217636]Since you’re college students, I don’t think they felt the need to spell it out for you.
quote]

Well, then the administration will never know for certain who is being honest and who isn’t. They just have to operate under the assumption of honesty.

I wouldn’t know how you could possibly remedy that. Ask freshman high schoolers if they will A. go to Charlotte, and if so B. How much will you pay for football when you get here?

You’d still have to trust them…

Personally, I would think the vast majority students would be honest about this.

Besides, a lot of the people who graduate before the fees hit will be paying anyway… through donations, tickets, buying gear, food, etc.

Gill I like you, but when it comes to football at charlotte, you shouldn't piss in Mike P's cornflakes, the O has done more for this than anyone. And I think b/c of them other media institutions have caught on, Fox, WBTV, News14, etc.

He said I was skewing. If we were talking meat, I would agree. We are not. Thus I do not agree.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;217562]Also, invite EVERYONE to join that group “I Voted YES For Football” on facebook. In the message, write that they should vote for the higher increase in student fee’s, as they wont be here to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Not skewing, huh?

as for skewing I don’t think that telling someone “just say 400” is skewing. Many people are going to look at this poll as a yes or a no. There is a minimum at zero, and that is the ultimate minimum. You can’t begin to get money back. Then there is a ceiling maximum of 400 bucks. Well what if Gill wants to pay 750 bucks, he can’t vote that. The kid that doesn’t want to pay anything can vote zero, but the kid who would give his left nut (should probably transfer) but would give more than 400 but can’t. When the results come back lets say 1000 people voted, and lets say half were for it and half were against it. Well there would be 500 no’s (0 dollars) and the yes’s would be a range between 100 and 400. so lets say its an even split.

500 - 0
125 - 100
125 - 200
125- 300
125 - 400

That is an average of $125, probably not enough. Now if you ask everyone to just say a 100 more,

500 - 0
125 - 200
125 - 300
250 - 400

That only brings the average up to 162.5, why? b/c there is a ceiling, but no limit to the minimum.

Since you're college students, I don't think they felt the need to spell it out for you.

It’s ironic that you’re questioning my ethics while encouraging others to act unethically just because they won’t have to pay for it.

Mike, unethical would imply I am holding a gun to someones head. Im just pointing out a fact to my friends on facebook. Those people share that view, and thought it fair to include their friends. And their friends. And their friends. So goes on this beautiful thing of ours.

So skewing is unethical. I am skewing. Therefore I am unethical. LoL. I guess those years not raping, pillaging and general mayhem were just a waste:biggrin:

as for skewing I don't think that telling someone "just say 400" is skewing. Many people are going to look at this poll as a yes or a no. There is a minimum at zero, and that is the ultimate minimum. You can't begin to get money back. Then there is a ceiling maximum of 400 bucks. Well what if Gill wants to pay 750 bucks, he can't vote that. The kid that doesn't want to pay anything can vote zero, but the kid who would give his left nut (should probably transfer) but would give more than 400 but can't. When the results come back lets say 1000 people voted, and lets say half were for it and half were against it. Well there would be 500 no's (0 dollars) and the yes's would be a range between 100 and 400. so lets say its an even split.

500 - 0
125 - 100
125 - 200
125- 300
125 - 400

That is an average of $125, probably not enough. Now if you ask everyone to just say a 100 more,

500 - 0
125 - 200
125 - 300
250 - 400

That only brings the average up to 162.5, why? b/c there is a ceiling, but no limit to the minimum.

You are a mathematical genious. :ohmy:

[QUOTE=ninerID;217640]Gill I like you, but when it comes to football at charlotte, you shouldn’t piss in Mike P’s cornflakes, the O has done more for this than anyone. And I think b/c of them other media institutions have caught on, Fox, WBTV, News14, etc.[/QUOTE]
I’m gonna have to second this one Gill… Mike has given us a lot of attention and I’m pretty sure he is for a football team.

Skewing is the UNC-Chapel Hill way. Gill has just used one page of the playbook.

Thank You. Plus Mike started it. I always support Mike, even when everyone is riding his ass… Because in the end he has helped us out.

[QUOTE=ninerID;217645]as for skewing I don’t think that telling someone “just say 400” is skewing. Many people are going to look at this poll as a yes or a no. There is a minimum at zero, and that is the ultimate minimum. You can’t begin to get money back. Then there is a ceiling maximum of 400 bucks. Well what if Gill wants to pay 750 bucks, he can’t vote that. The kid that doesn’t want to pay anything can vote zero, but the kid who would give his left nut (should probably transfer) but would give more than 400 but can’t. When the results come back lets say 1000 people voted, and lets say half were for it and half were against it. Well there would be 500 no’s (0 dollars) and the yes’s would be a range between 100 and 400. so lets say its an even split.

500 - 0
125 - 100
125 - 200
125- 300
125 - 400

500 - 0
125 - 200
125 - 300
250 - 400

That only brings the average up to 162.5, why? b/c there is a ceiling, but no limit to the minimum.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking of that and wondering what the thoughts of SGA were at the time. Considering all things, well… They didn’t seem to. That just makes their job that much harder to be fair at the tally.

This thread is great for so many reasons.