For All of you Fairweather "so-called" Fans

You lame ass so called fans that stayed home to watch the glorious ACC just missed possibly the best Niner performance of the year (68% FG% in 2nd half…60% for the game!).

Eddie, Plav, Iti, Curt, Lee, Nance and EJ all played stellar!!

AND EDDIE BASDEN JUST HAD THE GREATEST DUNK EVER IN HALTON ARENA!!!

Not since Jarvis Lang have we had a dunk like that.

He flat out posterized some poor soul from just inside the foul line tomahawk style…AND 1!!!

For those of you that chose the “other” game…I’m glad you missed it…you deserve it!

P.S. Fairweather “faux” fans suck richard!!

Yep, KTown, that’s about right. I did notice some baby blue in the student side that left at the half and didn’t come back. They did miss an awesome game.

We got to witness a Niner fan make a phone call the second he walked out the door after the game and the first thing he said was “Hey, what’s the score of the UNC game???” At least he bothered to show up tonight though.

weak crowd. but those that did come got it going last part of the second half.

This game just proves that EDDIE BASDEN IS THE MAN.

Yeah… the first thing Lutz mentioned in the post game interview was how the crowd “lacked electricity.” He thanked everyone that did come, but said he thinks we play much better with an energized crowd behind us. I know we can’t have the Cincy type atmosphere for every game, but come on people… only 5,000 and change for an almost top 25 team??

I was in section 104 tonight for the first time, and it was awesome. I was sad to see several people wearing Carolina gear, including a frat guy (who my girlfriend yelled at, by the way). I just don’t understand why you would wear another school’s apparel to a game at your school. I know someone in Gang Green who left early to watch the other game, which I don’t really get either. And someone a couple rows in front of us left to watch it as well, which blows my mind. Why would you sit in section 104 if you’d rather watch an ACC game which has no bearing on anything to do with you? I must say though, that it seemed to me like the crowd (and the players) did better once the people that didn’t want to be there left. Everyone seemed to be more into the game, and the Niners finally came away with a truly impressive win.

It was embarassing…I saw people leaving early in the 2nd half so they could go see “the Carolina” or “The Duke” game. I had some stupid ditzy girl sitting behind me in section 205 that wouldn’t shut the f*** up about Duke, and how freakin’ great they are.

:fastgun: Die faux 49er fans!

[b] I know we can't have the Cincy type atmosphere for every game, but come on people... only 5,000 and change for an almost top 25 team?? [/b]

Maybe 5000 & change tickets sold or distributed, but no way was there 5800 people there like they announced on the post game show.

the thing is that we can play with rither one of these teams, i bet we would tie with duke in a 10 game series.

Had one guy decked out in tarhole gear that left out around 8:45 and then there was the jack ass sitting in the middle of the frat section in his tarhole gear.

I think it’s telling that one of the first things Lutz talked about in post game was the crowd. He sounded frustrated and I don’t blame him.

Anyone in tarhole gear at the game tonight, you are scum.

Anyone who skipped the game tonight to watch the tarhole game, you are scum.

HELL YEAH MKNINER

[QUOTE] I just don’t understand why you would wear another school’s apparel to a game at your school. [QUOTE]

I wore my “Property of Charlotte Athletics” t-shirt under my Charlotte hoodie to my IM game at UNCG tonight. Plus I busted out the Izod crotch-hugging 70s shorts that my uncle gave me. And a headband.

Team still lost 58-28 though. We’re now 0-3 :frowning:

I never seen Lutz look so sad when he walked into Halton and saw all the empty seats…I sat down and felt embaressed for the people who ddin’t show…and it wan’t just student that wern’t there, alumni are KILLING US.

Either way, it was good game…Eddie is amazing, and our second half and the way we were able to put a team away finally made me feel really good about our teams confidence.

I dunno which was worse, the people who left at halftime or the people that left with like 5 mins. to go…either way it shows a lack of respect for the team. Also i swore i was going to kill the next person in there that was talking about the damn Carolina game, including the girl in 205 with her Cameron Crazie shirt on.

you guys are just as bad as people that showed up at the game with Heels gear on…your team had a great win, yet all you can do is complain about what some fans were wearing. why so much focus on the ACC from all of you “non” faux 9er fans?

Splinter is a f**.

why, b/c i stated the truth?

[i]Originally posted by amstamey[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 11:09 PM [b] I dunno which was worse, the people who left at halftime or the people that left with like 5 mins. to go.......either way it shows a lack of respect for the team. Also i swore i was going to kill the next person in there that was talking about the damn Carolina game, including the girl in 205 with her Cameron Crazie shirt on. [/b]
That was her!!! What row were you on? I had tickets in E, but I ended up sitting in F. She was a row or two behind me...

I was in in Row L

The second half was the finest half of 49er ball played in the past 2 years. Sorry so many missed it.

[b]I never seen Lutz look so sad when he walked into Halton and saw all the empty seats.[/b]
True.
[b]"If we had this every game, no telling how good we'd be at home." - Bobby Lutz, February 5, 2005[/b]
Let this and his post game comments be an obvious hint, Bobby Lutz is unhappy with the public support being given this team.