Former Butler (NC) & Georgia WR Uriah Lemay to transfer to Charlotte

NinerReport.com ‏@CharlotteRivals 1h
Former Butler (NC) and #Georgia WR Uriah Lemay @golive_29 has decided to transfer to #Charlotte49ers. #stateofcharlotte @rivals

Uriah, huh? Keep him away from guys called David & girls called Bathsheba. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/uriah-lemay-is-latest-uga-football-player-seeking-/nfwFt/

Uriah LeMay, a redshirt freshman wide receiver from Charlotte, N.C., informed UGA on Tuesday of his intent to seek a transfer. That request was granted, and LeMay will leave Athens without ever having played for the Bulldogs.

“Uriah made the decision in order to have a better opportunity for playing time,” Richt said in a two-paragraph news release sent out by UGA Tuesday. “He has our best wishes in achieving all his goals as a student and athlete.”

LeMay leaves Athens with a legal matter pending. He was one of the four players charged with theft by deception in a scheme in which they were accused of double-cashing subsidy checks from the athletic association. LeMay’s situation was considered somewhat more egregious because he was alleged to taken a roommate’s already-deposited checks and cashing them.

LeMay, James DeLoach, Tray Matthews and Jonathan Taylor are awaiting arraignments on the misdemeanor theft charges.

LeMay’s older brother Christian LeMay transferred from Georgia to Jacksonville State. He, too, left for lack of playing time.

Guess coach isn’t too concerned with the “legal” matter?

I’m sure the kid is talented and people deserve a 2nd chance but this is a head scratcher after the recent castoffs.

We were the 1st to offer his brother recently, 2016 RB Benjamin LeMay.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:6, topic:28822”]We were the 1st to offer his brother recently, 2016 RB Benjamin LeMay.

Depending on how good his brother is, this could be a really nice move… Secure one BCS caliber player, potentially bring in his brother!

I am slightly concerned about the judgment of someone who tries to cash previously deposited checks though. You’d maybe think a bank has thought about this before? Um, here’s to hoping he’s learned his lesson, I guess?

Anyhow, welcome aboard Uriah, here’s to hoping your past is behind you and you find a bright future as a Niner!

[quote=“HighFlying49er, post:7, topic:28822”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:6, topic:28822”]We were the 1st to offer his brother recently, 2016 RB Benjamin LeMay.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Benjamin-LeMay-148808;_ylt=ApthU7_Dc4_WgBvOJQRDypNIPZB4[/quote]

Depending on how good his brother is, this could be a really nice move… Secure one BCS caliber player, potentially bring in his brother!

I am slightly concerned about the judgment of someone who tries to cash previously deposited checks though. You’d maybe think a bank has thought about this before? Um, here’s to hoping he’s learned his lesson, I guess?

Anyhow, welcome aboard Uriah, here’s to hoping your past is behind you and you find a bright future as a Niner![/quote]

With Football now one of our sports, we will be treated to a series of discussions over the years that will push us to question just how dumb college kids are. Once we think we have found the dumbest, we will surely be surprised by some other dummy.

[quote=“s9er, post:8, topic:28822”][quote=“HighFlying49er, post:7, topic:28822”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:6, topic:28822”]We were the 1st to offer his brother recently, 2016 RB Benjamin LeMay.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Benjamin-LeMay-148808;_ylt=ApthU7_Dc4_WgBvOJQRDypNIPZB4[/quote]

Anyhow, welcome aboard Uriah, here’s to hoping your past is behind you and you find a bright future as a Niner![/quote]

With Football now one of our sports, we will be treated to a series of discussions over the years that will push us to question just how dumb college kids are. Once we think we have found the dumbest, we will surely be surprised by some other dummy.[/quote]
We have yet to top a hair dryer

I just now took a look at Uriah’s offers, which include Auburn, FL State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Louisville, Miami, and about everyone else a young kid would want to play for.

I suppose when you’re a 1 year startup program moving to FBS and a kid like that says he wants to come play, you take a chance he’s matured a bit and don’t turn him away.

He was a top 100 player coming out of high school. Everybody wanted him. Anybody know how many years he has left? And can he play this year?

Yeah I am curious about this to. Technically we are FCS so he doesn’t have to sit out does he? Plays right away because he is dropping down, but then still has 4 years since he was RS at UGA?

Yeah I am curious about this to. Technically we are FCS so he doesn’t have to sit out does he? Plays right away because he is dropping down, but then still has 4 years since he was RS at UGA?[/quote]

We are now considered an FBS team (we have more schollys than FCS allows), so it will likely be the same situation as the transfer from Syracuse. He will have to get a waiver to play this year.

Yeah I am curious about this to. Technically we are FCS so he doesn’t have to sit out does he? Plays right away because he is dropping down, but then still has 4 years since he was RS at UGA?[/quote]

We are now considered an FBS team (we have more schollys than FCS allows), so it will likely be the same situation as the transfer from Syracuse. He will have to get a waiver to play this year.[/quote]
Did he RS at Georgia?

We are now considered an FBS team (we have more schollys than FCS allows), so it will likely be the same situation as the transfer from Syracuse. He will have to get a waiver to play this year.[/quote]
Did he RS at Georgia?[/quote]Yes

Ah well that sucks

Did he RS at Georgia?[/quote]Yes[/quote]

Well shit, that means he loses a year

Well s***, that means he loses a year[/quote]Unless he gets a waiver.

Well s***, that means he loses a year[/quote]Still gives him 3 years to play with us even if he does, so why does it matter? Even if he had played this year at UGA instead of redshirting, we’d still only have had him for 3 seasons, so nothing really changes for us. If he gets a waiver, then he’d have 4, but I’m not counting on that.

My methodology might be a little flawed; BUT:

Uriah Lemay was a .87 composite-ranked WR on 247sports. A WR from this year with a .87 ranking is Dontea Jones. 247sports has a “what-if” tool that allows you to see what your ranking would be if you signed this player or that player (go to the class calculator: http://charlotte.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits/Preview).

So, using Jones as a placeholder for Lemay (same position, same rating): our class moves from ranked #102 to #79.

Again, it may not be the best method, but I thought it was interesting to give us some idea of how we might be able to view his impact as a recruit.