Former Niner Question

Here I go about the “Right Here, Right Now” video again. . . I need one of you old tyme Niners to help me settle an issue:

There’s only one guy on the video I don’t recognize, and no one I’ve asked so far has given me a satisfactory answer. He wears jersey #4 and he appears twice in the video hamming it up for the camera. First we see him doing a little cabbage patch dance. Later, he wiggles his eyebrows while posing on the floor beside some trophy (Sunbelt title? Or Metro?)

I figure he must have been here some time around 1990-1993, back in the days of Henry and Delano. Who is this guy? Please tell me all you can about him.

[QUOTE=Banks;300996]Here I go about the “Right Here, Right Now” video again. . . I need one of you old tyme Niners to help me settle an issue:

There’s only one guy on the video I don’t recognize, and no one I’ve asked so far has given me a satisfactory answer. He wears jersey #4 and he appears twice in the video hamming it up for the camera. First we see him doing a little cabbage patch dance. Later, he wiggles his eyebrows while posing on the floor beside some trophy (Sunbelt title? Or Metro?)

I figure he must have been here some time around 1990-1993, back in the days of Henry and Delano. Who is this guy? Please tell me all you can about him.[/QUOTE]
Daryl DeVual (not sure on the last name spelling).

What a relief. Okay, anything more on [U][URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10711&page=3][B][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Daryl Devaull[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/U]? Looks like I was right about the time frame, and apparently he was part of a Metro championship team. Can someone clarify the years in which we’ve been in the various conferences (I don’t remember seeing that in the media guide)?

On a side note, I am reminded of another name from the past I vaguely remember–Delano Johnson. I googled the name and found one Delano Johnson was a recent high school football prospect out of Concord. Another one, out of Baltimore, is teammates with-- (gulp) [COLOR=Navy][URL=http://www.bsubulldogs.com/News/mbball/2007/12/30/Gannon_123007.asp]Carlos Williams[/URL][/COLOR]! I’m sure it’s a coincidence, though.

1965-1970, Dixie Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
1970-1976, NCAA Independent
1976-1991, Sun Belt Conference
1991-1995, Metro Conference
1995-2005, Conference USA
2005-current, Atlantic 10 Conference

49erPrideRewards produced that vid…maybe he’ll chime in. That video is ridiculously good.

[QUOTE=Banks;301008]What a relief. Okay, anything more on [U][URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10711&page=3][B][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Daryl Devaull[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/U]? Looks like I was right about the time frame, and apparently he was part of a Metro championship team. Can someone clarify the years in which we’ve been in the various conferences (I don’t remember seeing that in the media guide)?

On a side note, I am reminded of another name from the past I vaguely remember–Delano Johnson. I googled the name and found one Delano Johnson was a recent high school football prospect out of Concord. Another one, out of Baltimore, is teammates with-- (gulp) [COLOR=Navy][URL=http://www.bsubulldogs.com/News/mbball/2007/12/30/Gannon_123007.asp]Carlos Williams[/URL][/COLOR]! I’m sure it’s a coincidence, though.[/QUOTE]

Delano Johnson was a PG between 1991-1994 or 1995. I can’t remember which year he finished. Good ball handler and had a 5-6 assist to turnover ratio most of the time. I remember that because he was up towards the leaders in the nation his senior season. He was from Michigan, but I can’t recall the town.

Livonia, MI I seem to recall.

DJ was fun to watch. He could handle the ball pretty well and was at the top of the league in steals as well.

[QUOTE=Banks;300996]Here I go about the “Right Here, Right Now” video again. . . I need one of you old tyme Niners to help me settle an issue:

There’s only one guy on the video I don’t recognize, and no one I’ve asked so far has given me a satisfactory answer. He wears jersey #4 and he appears twice in the video hamming it up for the camera. [B] First we see him doing a little cabbage patch dance. Later, he wiggles his eyebrows while posing on the floor beside some trophy[/B] (Sunbelt title? Or Metro?)

I figure he must have been here some time around 1990-1993, back in the days of Henry and Delano. Who is this guy? Please tell me all you can about him.[/QUOTE]

I believed you were talking about Mr. Kelvin Price and the CUSA Conference Trophy. The only two Niners with number 4 that I could recalled are Byron Dinkins and Demarco Johnson. If you want to check out Dodge city legend. His picture is the 13th one from the top. He looks tougher than when he was here. But, I’m sure you’ll recognize he was holding the trophy in the "Right Here, Right Now " video.

[URL=http://www.dodgecitylegend.com/news_2001.html]http://www.dodgecitylegend.com/news_2001.html[/URL]

I believed you were talking about Mr. Kelvin Price and the CUSA Conference Trophy. The only two Niners with number 4 that I could recalled are Byron Dinkins and Demarco Johnson. If you want to check out Dodge city legend. His picture is the 13th one from the top. He looks tougher than when he was here. But, I'm sure you'll recognize he was holding the trophy in the "Right Here, Right Now " video.

http://www.dodgecitylegend.com/news_2001.html

Gentlemen… this is why we read our threads.

[QUOTE=MEGRNiner;301017]Livonia, MI I seem to recall.

DJ was fun to watch. He could handle the ball pretty well and was at the top of the league in steals as well.[/QUOTE]

Another Niner, Bobby Kummer, is from Livonia. Was that home to both of them?

Gentlemen... this is why we read our threads.

Yup… :hammer:

Byron Dinkins is the guy in the video hamming it up. Could be the number 4 confused Delano and DeMarco Johnson.
Delano came the year after Byron left. He’s third alltime in assists, and 4th in steals.

There’s only one guy on the video I don’t recognize, and no one I’ve asked so far has given me a satisfactory answer. He wears jersey #4 and he appears twice in the video hamming it up for the camera. [B]First we see him doing a little cabbage patch dance. Later, he wiggles his eyebrows while posing on the floor beside some trophy[/B] (Sunbelt title? Or Metro?)

I don’t think Kelvin Price ever wore # 4 as a Niner! And, neither Byron Dinkins, Delano Johnson, and Demarco Johnson was dancing or posing with the trophy on the floor in the video mentioned above.

[B]Byron Dinkins is the guy in the video hamming it up[/B]. Could be the number 4 confused Delano and DeMarco Johnson. Delano came the year after Byron left. He's third alltime in assists, and 4th in steals.

NO, it’s not. As posted above, it is Daryl DeVaull…Also, Delano Johnson was not from Lavonia. I THINK it was Saginaw (definitely started with an S and was in Michigan).

[QUOTE=919R;301068][B]NO, it’s not. As posted above, it is Daryl DeVaull[/B]…Also, Delano Johnson was not from Lavonia. I THINK it was Saginaw (definitely started with an S and was in Michigan).[/QUOTE]

I defer to the distinguished representative from Unionville.

Daryl Devaul is the guy hamming it up in the video. He played either the 2 or 3 position.

Delano Johnson I believe is a graduate of Independence High. Some PG from that era was a local guy, it could be someone else.

[QUOTE=Pork Chop;301087]
Delano Johnson I believe is a graduate of Independence High. Some PG from that era was a local guy, it could be someone else.[/QUOTE]

Delano was from Michigan. He had Michigan plates on his vehicle.

Andre Davis was the guard from Independence during that time.

[URL=http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketba/skm/sktm84.htm][B][U][COLOR=Blue]USA Today.com: Charlotte Roster from 1996-1997 team[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

[QUOTE=MEGRNiner;301017]Livonia, MI I seem to recall.

DJ was fun to watch. He could handle the ball pretty well and was at the top of the league in steals as well.[/QUOTE]

Top in steals literally, didn’t Delano get busted for shop lifting at Belk?

At one point the video was up on Youtube but someone got in trouble for putting it up. While it was up, the entire video script was posted somewhere. I think it was on here. If I find it I will post the link.

I defer to the distinguished representative from Unionville.

Sarcasm noted.