Former UNC System Presidents Decry Football

Posted some audio and video is coming soon,

[URL=http://your49erpresident.com/2008/02/22/former-unc-system-presidents-present-antiquated-views-of-college-football/][U]http://your49erpresident.com/2008/02/22/former-unc-system-presidents-present-antiquated-views-of-college-football/[/U][/URL]

Even more interesting was the Chancellor’s report later in the meeting. He said that Football won’t effect our institutions identity…

[I]Their arguments were antiquated at best as Friday decried college sports as morally corrupt because they “…even played on Sundays”. [B]When one parent asked if their child should transfer from UNC Charlotte because he wants a college football experience, [SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Spangler responded that this was the reason we had Chapel Hill and NC State[/COLOR][/SIZE] (which drew gasps/groans from the audience).[/B][/I]

Screw him. I am almost pissed at Dubois for not ending the meeting right then and there, but he has to be professional.

I think that NC State should disband baseball, if their students want to see that maybe they should come here.

Go Dr. Marks! Rocking that marching band!

I can’t believe they had the audacity to say that “we had NC State and Chapel Hill for that.”

[I]Their arguments were antiquated at best as Friday decried college sports as morally corrupt because they “…even played on Sundays”. [B]When one parent asked if their child should transfer from UNC Charlotte because he wants a college football experience, [SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Spangler responded that this was the reason we had Chapel Hill and NC State[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I].

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Do yall see the evil in our midst!

never trust a man that calls legislators “legislatas”

what a bunch of ridiculous garbage. I don’t yet contribute to Charlotte as an alum, because I’m still paying off student loans. But if I were in a position to contribute, I would not until there was headway with A) a name change and B) footbal.

I feel what Justin spoke of in the final paragraph is true.

[I][B]When one parent asked if their child should transfer from UNC Charlotte because he wants a college football experience, [SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Spangler responded that this was the reason we had Chapel Hill and NC State[/COLOR][/SIZE] (which drew gasps/groans from the audience).[/B][/I]

WTF, Where was he a few years ago when UNC Pembroke got a team?? I really wish someone would have asked that question.

clt says it is simple. uncp is no threat to unc ch.

WE ARE.

I’m glad you put this up Happy, but it is tough to hear. I loved the band question and the quote that has been repeated in this thread is unbelieveable. Anyone ever ask about the funding issue? Nevermind, they already believe we are adequately funded and supported.

[QUOTE=cltniners;297961]clt says it is simple. uncp is no threat to unc ch.

WE ARE.[/QUOTE]
WINNER !!!

For Marching Band fans like myself, Dr. Laurence Marks was my hero today. Having football helps in more ways than anyone can really describe with numbers.

His e-mail is llmarks@uncc.edu

They can’t stop us from growing so they hope to make us the Ox and the Steer, and never allow us to be the Bull.

For Marching Band fans like myself, Dr. Laurence Marks was my hero today. Having football helps in more ways than anyone can really describe with numbers.

His e-mail is llmarks@uncc.edu

http://www.music.uncc.edu/bands/faculty.asp

Man of the Week

[QUOTE=ninerID;297900][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Spangler responded that this was the reason we had Chapel Hill and NC State[/COLOR][/SIZE] (which drew gasps/groans from the audience).[/B][/I]

Screw him. I am almost pissed at Dubois for not ending the meeting right then and there, but he has to be professional.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Spangler

I think there is damn good reason to be pissed at Dubois as well. Show some backbone, Phil :angry:

I’m sick and tired of being some little foster child to the UNC system…med school, law school, football. :angry: :angry:

There are some real dumb asses connected with the UNC system.

[QUOTE=ninerID;297900][I]Their arguments were antiquated at best as Friday decried college sports as morally corrupt because they “…even played on Sundays”. [B]When one parent asked if their child should transfer from UNC Charlotte because he wants a college football experience, [SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Spangler responded that this was the reason we had Chapel Hill and NC State[/COLOR][/SIZE] (which drew gasps/groans from the audience).[/B][/I]

I think that NC State should disband baseball, if their students want to see that maybe they should come here.[/QUOTE]

If Spangler really believes this I want the football programs at ECU, Pembroke, App St and every other UNC school GONE BEFORE THE START OF the '08 season.

We can’t let this **** die. These jerks have pretty much substantiated what many of us have known for years. Enough is enough.

I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but I want to do something right now - I want to write a letter or tell someone that my donations are going to stop…what do I do? What will make a difference?

This is ridiculous!

We can't let this **** die. These jerks have pretty much substantiated what many of us have known for years. Enough is enough.
02-21-08

Never forget.

…did this guy seriously suggest that we get better intramurals…

has he been to a college game? does he knwo what that atmosphere is like…not just during the game…but BEFORE THE GAME?

I dont even know what to say.

This is such BS, I’m with C49er I get more mad as time goes on about this, HALF of the 16 universities in the system have Football!! WTF point is he trying to make about Crapel Hole and State, we want a good football team! Man I wish I was at this meeting when he said that, are we going to get rid of the football teams at App, Western, ECU, Pembroke?? They really must be scared ****less that a university in a major metro area will get too much “power” for the fairy’s down 85.