Free Throw Noise

Why donā€™t we just watch what people do when our guys are shooting, and then do it when the other team shoots?

josh councilā€¦ you sir are the biggest dick i knowā€¦

I tthink I read that same article. I remember reading something about a wave, but it was more like alternating rows hopping up and down. you? I think he meant like row 1,3,5,7,9 etc jump and when they come down row 2,4,6,8, etc jump.

Also I have a phsycology book that some big school did studies on distractions, and uneven beats works good.
the example they used was, when a student would tap a pencil at even beats, the proffesor wouldnt notice it, but when the student was drumming in like an awkward beat (I think its like 7/9 or soemthing? dunno much about music) that really rattled the proffesor. It has something to do with like its harder to keep in sync with an uneven beat etc etc. But now I am determined to find the best set up!

What do you guys think about those observations?

Shaggy I second you. Josh I cannot believe you. Some of your comments are completly un-called forā€¦and you owe a huge apologies, especially to Eddie. I sit on the second row, and the people around me stand. People on the third row stand also. And if I do recall you were sitting during the GW game also. Sooo I really wouldnā€™t rag too much on everyone else. You really should not be putting down the pep band but supporting everyone since you are a member of it. How about be productive with your comments and bringing it up during class. Putting this on the message board is really going to do nothing but make people mad. The people in the pep band are some of the most dedicated fans that this University has. We are at every game mens and womens. Win or lose. Seriously, start thinking before you start posting these negative comments. And if you do want to change something, feel free to. Bring it up during class so that it can be put into action!

yesā€¦pep band fight!!!

right on Cary_49er!

Joshā€¦ what the hell is wrong with you?
Why do you continue to bury yourself under a large pile of ignorance and stupidityā€¦ With every stupid comment you make you piss more and more people off and this is a new low even for youā€¦ I have seen some low shit from you but this is all time newā€¦ You really have NO right to be putting down the pep bandā€¦ considering the fact that we all put in over 300 hours every year but only get 1 small credit out of it, i think weā€™re pretty dedicated.

I canā€™t believe that you become so minute in character as to single people out and talk crap about the pep bandā€¦

So iā€™m gonna do what you should of doneā€¦

Our pep band shows up for every game without failā€¦ In our directors 6 or 7 years being here we have never had a game (menā€™s or womenā€™s) that did not have a functioning bandā€¦ We put in more time than anyone else and we still get put down for our effortsā€¦ well thatā€™s bullā€¦
Itā€™s not one section that determines the outcome of the gameā€¦ no one has ever taken any single-handed effort to put some ā€œreal distractionsā€ or whatever togetherā€¦ so until that happensā€¦ let it go!

btwā€¦ josh you have really set off a lot of people with this bull$h!+

mac i've seen that document. the guy has also written a book on his findings as well. It deals with things that are static and what is not. Basically he says that slow moving motion in the same direction cause worse psychological effects on the opposing player than moving things frantically. When you move things frantically it causes static and the individuals tune the static out. But in order to be able to do slow moving thing right you need someone to point out which direction to move and that way get everyone together. Then it is like a huge ocean.

I think the dots/dice is neat for this reason. I bet it works for sound too. If you could get everyone to not scream but maybe change the volume of their screams in unison, it would be cool, just hard to do though.

Maybe everyone could chant, ā€œHey, I think Iā€™m gonna be sick!ā€ and follow it with a bunch of puking noises. If only done a couple of times, I bet it would be effective.:lol:

considering the fact that we all put in over 300 hours every year but only get 1 small credit out of it

I pretty much thought yā€™all did it because Pep Band guys get the girls. :smile:

You know what would be distracting for someone attempting a free throw?

Pep band members kicking the s*** out of each other behind the basket. :tongue:

Thanks matt, you have said everything that I have been wanting to say for a while.

Josh when you say stuff like that, i feel like I have to defend myself because I sit on this ominous 2nd row, but I do not have to defend myself one bit.

That said, I have put in my fair share of jumping and screaming the past three years and it never seems to do any good. I am still very much into the basketball games, but itā€™s getting old, watching us fail over and over. I am still a Green-Blooded Niner that doesnā€™t pull for anyone else, and I always will be. I shoudnā€™t have to have my spirit questioned by you or anyone else for that matter.

So if you want ANYONE to take you seriously, please refrain from making personal insults to people in the band, itā€™s immature and discredits everything you have to say from here on out.

[QUOTE=survivor45;150724]You know what would be distracting for someone attempting a free throw?

Pep band members kicking the s*** out of each other behind the basket. :tongue:[/QUOTE]

I think that just might work! Iā€™m gameā€¦

[QUOTE=the daxified one;150128]EXACTLY. the people in pep band donā€™t listen to me. like people on the front row do. But other than everyone else is sitting on their asses not doing a single thing.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the mulitple postings, but I keeping finding BS all over this thread.

Josh, you are not the director. No one [I]has[/I] to listen to you. Please ditch this illusion of being pep band fĆ¼hrer before you dig yourself deeper.

Pep band members kicking the s*** out of each other behind the basket. :tongue:

Forget the free throw stuff, this could be a great halftime show.:smile:

Just to note. I watched the pep band at the GW game and unfortunately I must agree with Dax. I remember when the pep Band had some of the craziest Niner fans imaginable. I know that you guys work hard at your music and it shows, however the energy from the band pales when compared with most schools. Most schools the band is up and jumping the whole game. Here the band only stands during free throws and when playing.

Just my 2 cents.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;150733]Just to note. I watched the pep band at the GW game and unfortunately I must agree with Dax. I remember when the pep Band had some of the craziest Niner fans imaginable. I know that you guys work hard at your music and it shows, however the energy from the band pales when compared with most schools. Most schools the band is up and jumping the whole game. Here the band only stands during free throws and when playing.

Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

At least someone finally put it in a civil way. Thank you, 49erfan, for saying it the way it shoulda been said in the first place. At least some of us have some maturity

Nowā€¦on to ā€œDaxā€ā€¦So here comes MY two centsā€¦

Yesā€¦I will agree that the pepband has its issues with spirit from time to time. Iā€™d love to see the entire band up and jumping around ā€¦ screaming the entire game. Itā€™d be awesome. For that to happen, howeverā€¦remains a personal issue and lies on the shoulders of the individual band members. Whether or not they embrace the opportunity to take it upon themselves and make a change is entirely up to them.

THEREFOREā€¦this brings me to the comments by our friend Dax. Wellā€¦our ā€œfriend.ā€ No one has any right to single out people publicly like that in ANY mediumā€¦let alone in an online message board for cryinā€™ out loud. Honestlyā€¦Josh doesnā€™t realize the can of worms heā€™s opened. The kidā€™s already pissed enough people off in the band as well as in other circles as of late. However, thatā€™s a discussion that can be saved for a private environment. No need to bring up other issues when Iā€™m still on the one that is relevant.

Back to my original train of thoughtā€¦this episode has marked a new low for immature stunts. Sureā€¦itā€™s fine to have problems with someone. Itā€™s fine to have problems or focus your blameful sentiment on one person in particular. However, my friend, THIS:

ouch is all i have to say. well the middle section of the band are the ones you want to yell at. Tell eddie he needs to lose a cow of pounds and you might see more people stand up in the band. I'm crazy the entire damn game no matter what.

ā€¦is entirely unacceptable. If you have a problem with Eddieā€¦then hereā€™s an absolutely NOVEL ideaā€¦ TAKE IT UP WITH EDDIE. Iā€™m pretty sure it would go over a lot better if youā€™d take it to him in a mature, man-to-man sort of way rather than talking sh!t behind his back to everyone else. Ohā€¦and did I mention the way in which you conveniently turned that into a vehicle to make YOURSELF look that much better?

Good show, Joshā€¦good showā€¦

But after all of thatā€¦I guess Iā€™m not your dad and I canā€™t tell you what to do, and you arenā€™t required to take any of this to heart. But my piece has now been said. And besidesā€¦all this arguing on the internet is a lot like winning the 400m hurdles in the special olympicsā€¦sure, you might winā€¦but youā€™re still retarded.

And as far as the pepband fightā€¦Iā€™m so on top of thatā€¦Iā€™ll kick the crap outta all you pansiesā€¦

ā€¦Lolā€¦I love my band.

That will be all.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;150103]that would be great BUT we arenā€™t allowed to have any artificial noise makers. Anything that makes noise that isnā€™t natural is banned from the arena per NCAA and Halton.[/QUOTE]

i thought it was a A-10 rule, as i heard elsewhere. they passed cones out last year to students

[QUOTE=ninerID;149867]Have you seen who is behind our goals? the alumni dont care about the dots and the band looks like they are dead tired by the 2nd half[/QUOTE]

id like to see the opposite side of the band behind the basket all student fans, and maybe make the section behind ours a alumni one

I agree with you, Jimmy. I had been thinking the same thing.

i apologize to everyone i have offended. i just wonā€™t rant on the internet anymore sorry. for the people in pep band i really did wish that we have more energy and yea if we are losing we should still show more energy and what not to keep the crowd in the game. its all about the logo we have on our hearts. Last time i checked it said Charlotte on it. When we wear that logo we sign up to show our dedication and loyalty to the program. I just want the pep band to have the craziest niner fans in the entire school. So for the comments i made about eddie were totally uncalled for and i deserved to have my ass beaten. To refresh the personā€™s mind who said i was sitting during the GW game. I sat down during time outs and at half time. other than that i was standing the entire game. I wonā€™t be standing anymore because i have a tear in my LCL in my left knee from playing intermural basketball. I would like to apologize to the people i offended especially the ones that actually considered me a friend. I guess iā€™m not what i seem sometimes. But then again most people arenā€™t. So if you still want to be pissed at me for my incoherent and irrational remarks that i made on this site. Go on right ahead i deserve it. But i have apologized for offending you on the internet. So Peace out cub scouts.

Dax

dax i think the real problem was when you used pplā€™s names. its one thing to say ā€œsome of the pep band needs to show more energyā€, but when u call ppl out by name it gets ugly. that having been said, i agree that the pep band needs to get a lot more hype. hell some of the pep band doesnt even recognize the players when they see them on campus. hows that for supporting your team