Friday, November 9, a tiny problem

With the women’s soccer team winning the regular season Atlantic 10 title, they gain a bye into the semi-finals at TransAmerica Field next Friday night. That game is scheduled to begin at [B]5:30[/B]. The men’s basketball game with High Point is scheduled for [B]7:30[/B].

According to the [URL=http://atlantic10.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/atl10/sports/w-soccer/auto_pdf/champsocerrevisedfour][B]Atlantic10.com web site[/B][/URL], Charlotte plays at [B]5:30[/B] Friday, regardless of their seed.

[B]Athletic department, do the right thing… move the basketball game back 30 minutes to 8:00. You will get more people for the women’s soccer game if you do.[/B]

agreed

[B]Athletic department, do the right thing... move the basketball game back 30 minutes to 8:00. You will get more people for the women's soccer game if you do.[/B]

great idea

Even if it starts at 8, halton doors for students will open at 7, so people will get there at 630ish in Gate 1. Meaning, for students, it probably won’t make much a difference.

I wish they didn’t play at the same time, but I’m sure they’ll stomp their first round opponent anyway. Go Niners!

It’s not a first round game, eason. It’s the [B]semi-finals[/B] and the set up would be to play the #4, #5, or #6 team (the lowest remaining seed). That could possibly be Rhode Island, who gave the 49ers their only conference loss or Fordham, whom they tied.

Also, there are almost never “stomps” in a soccer tournament since only the better teams qualify.

Actually, why don’t they get creative to get students to come to the soccer match… Why not come out now and announce that students who attend the soccer match will get the best seats for the basketball game … You get some sort of bracelet at the END of the soccer match (to force you to stay there) which will get you the best student seats for the hoops contest …

Um…this absolutely sucks and something needs to be done about it right away. I liked brick’s idea.

Entire soccer game + basketball game would be what? Over 6 hours? :ohmy:

It does suck that scheduling worked out this way, though.

Go women’s soccer and men’s basketball, in any case! :49ers:

Soccer would run slightly under 2 hours, basketball approximately 2 hours as well.

I’m still pissed that this game is on FRIDAY night when NC HS football playoffs begin!!

[QUOTE=49er1;265952]I’m still pissed that this game is on FRIDAY night when NC HS football playoffs begin!![/QUOTE]
Well, not only did we schedule the exhibition on Halloween, it was also NC high school soccer playoffs, thus my absence from Halton the other night to watch my son play.

[QUOTE=HP49er;265857][B]Athletic department, do the right thing… move the basketball game back 30 minutes to 8:00. You will get more people for the women’s soccer game if you do.[/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]bump[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=49er1;265952]I’m still pissed that this game is on FRIDAY night when NC HS football playoffs begin!![/QUOTE]

Me too. Thus, the scheduling conflict will not be an issue for me.

X, did I smell you over in my neighborhood on Friday night? :tongue:

Just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to NINER NATION! You have helped us so much this year and the team deeply appreciates your support.

We will do our best to make it a double this year!

Hopefully lots of fans will come to our match Friday before the basketball game. We purposefully chose the early time (hosts almost always take the later time) for this reason.

Thanks again

Coach Lipsitz

[QUOTE=HP49er;266034]X, did I smell you over in my neighborhood on Friday night? :tongue:[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I was reeking with victory. :wink:

I did pass along my tickets to a Niner alum, so my seats will be full on Friday.

[QUOTE=Charlotte Soccer Coach;266042]

Hopefully lots of fans will come to our match Friday before the basketball game.

[/QUOTE]

I’ve never been to a women’s soccer match, but since I’ll be there anyway for the b-ball game, I plan on stopping in.

Congrats and Go Niners!!

You should’ve come on over X, I was only 3 blocks away, less than that through the woods. Glad you put the tickets to good use, good luck against Sun Valley. You received no favors in seeding.

[QUOTE]49er Friends,

This Friday, November 9, we open the 2007-08 season against High Point at 7:30pm in Halton Arena. I hope you have made plans to attend the game and support our team. We’re ready and are looking forward to playing in front of a large crowd on our home court. Also this week, the Charlotte 49ers play host to the 2007 Atlantic 10 Women’s Soccer Tournament. Games get underway Thursday and the #1 seeded Niners take to the field on Friday at 5:30pm vs. the lowest remaining seed from Thursday’s matches. I encourage you to come to campus early and catch the women’s soccer team in action at Transamerica Field before heading up to Halton for the men’s basketball game. This marks the second straight year that women’s soccer has captured the A-10 regular-season title. Winners of Friday’s matches garner a spot in the tournament finals on Sunday at 1pm. The tournament champion receives an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. Tickets for the conference tournament can be purchased at the gate. Come early, get a good parking spot and catch both the women’s soccer and men’s basketball teams in action. It’s a great time to be a 49er – we’re ALL IN, are you?

– Bobby Lutz[/QUOTE]

How long does a soccer match last?