FRINGE

Holy crap this show is amazing

NinerWupass turned me to it. Its’ been explain to me as a kind of Xfiles. I agree, only there isnt any paranormal stuff, its all Fringe science stuff. Like stuff that is all theoretical. On the Fringe of science. Stuff like time travel, reanimation of the dead etc etc.

Pretty cool show. Anyone one else into it?

[QUOTE=Gill2003;340824]Holy crap this show is amazing

NinerWupass turned me to it. Its’ been explain to me as a kind of Xfiles. I agree, only there isnt any paranormal stuff, its all Fringe science stuff. Like stuff that is all theoretical. On the Fringe of science. Stuff like time travel, reanimation of the dead etc etc.

Pretty cool show. Anyone one else into it?[/QUOTE]

watched it tonight, prior to the news. thought it was pretty good. some of the acting wasnt great, but the concepts are cool. i’ll watch it again next week.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;340824]Holy crap this show is amazing

Pretty cool show. Anyone one else into it?[/QUOTE]

Watched the premier the other night, and I really enjoyed it.

Yup, totally looking forward to enjoying this show.

So based on the opening episode, are we to assume that there is going to be some kind of start up conspiracy?

sounds cool… what time/channel?

I thought it was ok, nothing on the scale of Lost though.

I thought it was ok, nothing on the scale of Lost though.

I wouldn’t totally compare the two… this one has barely started. At the beginning Lost hardly played up the larger arc of the story as it took time to unfold. They talked about “the Pattern” in this one, but so far that’s all they’ve mentioned. Lost initially seemed like a bunch of crazy **** happening on an island that didn’t make sense. This seems to have some things based on theory, maybe not factual.

I enjoyed it for the pure entertainment value and liked the premise…though highly improbable. I know it’s TV, but the final hospital scene was laughable. How can a guy contaminated with an unknown virus move around a hospital floor that easily? Where’s quarantine? Where’s the medical staff? Where’s FBI, NSA and Security? It was just a little over the top and could have used a little more attention to detail. But again, it’s TV.

[QUOTE=Max Power;340871]sounds cool… what time/channel?[/QUOTE]

Fox on Tues at 9pm. They had a repeat of the 1st one on last night. It’s pretty good, liked the twist they put in it close to the end. It shows a lot of promise, it’ll be interesting to see what they do with it. [URL=http://www.fox.com/fringe/]Link.[/URL]

I enjoyed it for the pure entertainment value and liked the premise.....though highly improbable. I know it's TV, but the final hospital scene was laughable. How can a guy contaminated with an unknown virus move around a hospital floor that easily? Where's quarantine? Where's the medical staff? Where's FBI, NSA and Security? It was just a little over the top and could have used a little more attention to detail. But again, it's TV.

They said earlier that what he had wasnt contagious. But what I dont get is, how did it spread to begin with? I thought on the plane is was contagious?

you can watch it here :slight_smile:

http://www.hulu.com/fringe

I saw it the 1st time last week. I didnt’ watch the replay.
While it was good, it did seem a little odd that this scientist who had been in jail could find a cure for a disease stolen from the labe of his partner who had a 17-year head start on him. How does he do in 1 1/2-2 days the same amount of research the other guy did in 17 years, unless his former partner, now a multi-billionaire, is just a sorry researcher?

[QUOTE=Gill2003;340982]They said earlier that what he had wasnt contagious. But what I dont get is, how did it spread to begin with? I thought on the plane is was contagious?[/QUOTE]

They mentioned that the strain on the plane was contagious, but that the version the guy got was not because he was infected by all the crap in the lab when it blew, not the concentrated strain released in the plane.

He was only exposed to a partial, not a full.
However it was odd for him to recover so quick. And how did he know that guy was in the hospital to kill?
And I definetily think that company is behind something.
While it’s a little X-Files, a hot chick going against a company consipiracy is kind of like Painkiller Jane.

It’s good, but not great.

Sarah Conner is better IMO

Tintin

Great episode tonight… just keeps turning you around!

this is the first time i watched it, crazy, was pretty good…lots of twist

Great episode tonight... just keeps turning you around!

yeah, its a keeper. I’ll be catching the show every week from here on out.

The plot thickens of course with that Massive Engineering company tie in at the end.