From Temple fan: Kudos to Harris

Just read this on the A-10 board about Dijuan Harris…

I didn't see this anywhere else and thought it deserved a mention.

I was at the game on Wednesday. Late in the game, Temple’s Mark Tyndale and Charlotte’s Dijuan Harris went barreling into the press table after a loose ball.

They both flew over the table and into the stands. In the process, they knocked over someone sitting at the press table.

Turns out, it was Temple’s Al Shrier, SID emeritus and now an assistant to (Temple AD) Bill Bradshaw. Dr. Ray Moyer, the team’s physician, rushed over to take care of Al and, according to the radio report after the game, gave him some smelling salts. Al seemed fine as he left the court (to a standing ovation).

Both Tyndale and Harris stayed with him and Dr. Moyer until it was clear that Al would be OK.

Tyndale, you would expect it from, because of Al’s standing in the TU community. But for Harris to do it, I thought shb]Tip of the cap to Dijuan Harris (and Mark Tyndale) showed a lot of class.

Since the Charlotte fans came over to the Temple message boards and saluted Dionte Christmas’ behavior at Charlotte, I thought someone should mention a nice gesture by Harris.

Link: Tip of the cap to Dijuan Harris (and Mark Tyndale)

I had read about that in the Philly media coverage of the Charlotte-Temple game. Not sure if Jim saw that happen since he didn’t mention it. Anyway, from the Philadelphia Daily News:

In a scary moment with less than 7 minutes to play in the second half, Al Shrier, special assistant to the director of athletics for Temple, was trampled by Mark Tyndale and Charlotte's Dijuan Harris as they leaped over press row in pursuit of a loose ball. Shrier, 77, was visibly shaken but was uninjured and walked off to the Al Shrier Media Room to cheers from the 4,061 fans in attendance.

“I’m fine. At least I hope so,” Shrier joked afterward. “I just took a little charge, that’s all. I’ll see you guys Sunday.” *

Link: Philly.com

Harris is a classy guy.

[QUOTE=eason49;300486]Harris is a classy guy.[/QUOTE]

This year we have an entire team of classy guys.

Harris is a classy guy.

He’s not bad playing the game either. Showed alot with the drive and shot he had in the game.

[QUOTE=shagg49er;300510][B]This year we have an entire team of classy guys.[/B][/QUOTE]

Has to be quoted for truth!

Temple seems to be a pretty classy organization. I can’t say anything about their students, but their messageboarders seem to be good guys and their team impressed me. The A-10 has a lot of teams like that, Xavier being another.

I think we were a better team early in the year with Harris playing full time. His defense and hustle has been awesome.

I think we were a better team early in the year with Harris playing full time. His defense and hustle has been awesome.

I like Gerrity, but what is our record when he has played?

9-10 with him

6-2 without him

9-10 with him

6-2 without him

I wouldn’t spin it this way, as it is tough for teams to scout you based off of 8 games, the further the season goes the more options teams have at shutting you down, or should I say 8 games was enough for teams to realize they needed to shut Lee down. I wouldn’t put it on one guy its a team sport.

exactly, it is not about who is better. The reality is when you are not a good team offensively, Bob Knight is famous for this, you need to be good on the defense side.

Our D during the OOC, was excellent. Maybe the best ever.

I really like Harris as well. He handled Gerrity coming into the scene great and has continued to play well.

Temple has improved as an program since Chaney left, atleast in class. Though I still get a kick out of the video when he confronts Calapari.

Temple seems to be a pretty classy organization. I can't say anything about their students, but their messageboarders seem to be good guys and their team impressed me. The A-10 has a lot of teams like that, Xavier being another.
St Joes is always complaining that Temple's students chant profanities and curse out their coach the entire game on the A10 boards. I believe they said Temple students started a "**** St Joes" chant last game. Just what I've read. Take it with a grain of salt since they're rivals.

Our students don’t sound so bad if that’s true, eh? :tongue:

Back on topic: Harris is the man.

[QUOTE=uncommon-niner;300542]9-10 with him

6-2 without him[/QUOTE]

While those numbers look bad, I think it is more to do with other teams scouting us and taking away what we want to do (coaching) more than the PG.

Harris is 13/24 (54.2 %) from three. Why don’t we get him more involved on the offense?

Harris is 13/24 (54.2 %) from three. Why don't we get him more involved on the offense?

Because he can only shoot if he has a defender nowhere near him.

St Joes is always complaining that Temple's students chant profanities and curse out their coach the entire game on the A10 boards. I believe they said Temple students started a "**** St Joes" chant last game. Just what I've read. Take it with a grain of salt since they're rivals.

Our students don’t sound so bad if that’s true, eh? :tongue:

Back on topic: Harris is the man.

Like I said, I know nothing about their students. But everyone I’ve come into contact with from Temple has been polite and classy. They’re in Philly right? Can’t expect much better from their students then. :slight_smile:

While those numbers look bad, I think it is more to do with other teams scouting us and taking away what we want to do (coaching) more than the PG.

I agree, but, as sporadic as Gerrity seems to be, he is still rather predictable (always drives to the right isn’t it?). Plus he is a bull in a china shop half the time trying to drive in (I like that though), however alittle too much sometimes and he loses the ball.

Harris is level headed, but just too reserved most of the time.

That being said they compliment each other wonderfully.

Harris is [B]15th in the nation[/B] in Assist to Turnover ratio.
Because he can only shoot if he has a defender nowhere near him.

I don’t think you give him enough credit. But to add to your argument, He shoots 36.9% from the field and Gerrity shoots 41.5 overall.