From the desk of Judy Rose

Not nearly enough. But just this much, is very refreshing!

and including stadium expansion.

This is something I’ve never seen before. If y’all keep up the heat with the emails we might start getting something like this ever semester :joy:

New graphics in hallways of Halton Arena?

Be still my beating heart. I’m sure that will fill Halton Arena.

Guess now that football was in Bowl discussion, that’s good enough and we can spend money on a softball hitting facility?

You guys want more, get something, and complain. Is it perfect, of course not, but it’s a start. I’d love to see a 5/10 year plan come out.

Perhaps more specific # amounts for funding needed to complete projects, project milestones, etc.

The most positive thing about this is that it is a response to this board.

It may not be the response we wanted…but we wanted to hear from the AD with explanations and plans and she jumped rather quickly to passify the restless natives.

Any response is shocking…how quickly this one came out is even more shocking.

Our voices are being heard loud and clear apparently.

Keep pressuring for answers and accountability and it will come. Apathy is what they want (and what I have)…those of you that are still fired up and pissed off and willing to let your voices be heard is what will make things happen here.

Just like the football initiative.

Maybe you guys have begun to set expectations over there! Either way I like it.

I certainly do not expect, or want, a letter to everyone to say “we suck!”. Saying “Make no mistake, our goal is to win. Our goal is to consistently be in contention for Conference USA titles and NCAA Tournament and/or football bowl bids…” is what I want to hear, now I want to see it.

Very interesting that we “have reached 88.2% of our given charge to raise $40 million by 2019”. Some of you guys have really stepped up! Thanks.

[quote=“Nugget, post:8, topic:30873”]Maybe you guys have begun to set expectations over there! Either way I like it.

I certainly do not expect, or want, a letter to everyone to say “we suck!”. Saying “Make no mistake, our goal is to win. Our goal is to consistently be in contention for Conference USA titles and NCAA Tournament and/or football bowl bids…” is what I want to hear, now I want to see it.

Very interesting that we “have reached 88.2% of our given charge to raise $40 million by 2019”. Some of you guys have really stepped up! Thanks.[/quote]Richardson’s $10 million counts toward that, I’d bet the promenade donation does too.

I really like Judy, she relates well to everyone that actually talks to her in person.

[quote=“moss2k, post:9, topic:30873”][quote=“Nugget, post:8, topic:30873”]Maybe you guys have begun to set expectations over there! Either way I like it.

Very interesting that we “have reached 88.2% of our given charge to raise $40 million by 2019”. Some of you guys have really stepped up! Thanks.[/quote]Richardson’s $10 million counts toward that, I’d bet the promenade donation does too.[/quote]

Good call. If we are at $35.28 million, and about $12 million is from those two gifts, that still leaves $23.28 million. Somebody is getting it done. We all know Judy can bring in the big dollars. I hope a significant portion of that is happening due to the efforts of Mike H, Kelly, Dan, and Michael G. If not…

Wish there was a little more detail but this is a refreshing change do I won’t complain.

Glad to see hitting facilities are on the way

This may not be what everyone wanted, but it is a start. I like how she did update us on how much money they have raised and how much is left, along with renderings for the baseball and softball hitting complex’s which I had not seen before.
Maybe if we keep up the pressure we may get more of these. I think many in Niner Nation are too lax in their criticism of how our athletic department has performed as a whole and if more will be vocal we may be able to affect more change.

I’d like to know what all that $40m is going towards: track updates, scoreboard in Halton, graphics, etc.

From what I heard, baseball was having to bring in funds for their facility…

[quote=“moss2k, post:14, topic:30873”]I’d like to know what all that $40m is going towards: track updates, scoreboard in Halton, graphics, etc.

From what I heard, baseball was having to bring in funds for their facility…[/quote]
This may seem like a stupid question so I apologize if this is common knowledge but could some of it be going to pay off the stadium/other debt the AD has? Or are the students on the hook for that.
Doesn’t shock me that they’re making baseball raise the money themselves, but if that’s the case then where is that $40M going? Surely it cannot costs that much to re-do the track and put up a new scoreboard.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:15, topic:30873”][quote=“moss2k, post:14, topic:30873”]I’d like to know what all that $40m is going towards: track updates, scoreboard in Halton, graphics, etc.

From what I heard, baseball was having to bring in funds for their facility…[/quote]
This may seem like a stupid question so I apologize if this is common knowledge but could some of it be going to pay off the stadium/other debt the AD has? Or are the students on the hook for that.
Doesn’t shock me that they’re making baseball raise the money themselves, but if that’s the case then where is that $40M going? Surely it cannot costs that much to re-do the track and put up a new scoreboard.[/quote]unless prices have jumped a lot in the last e years, a scoreboard like that is going to cost around a million

[quote=“Niner National, post:16, topic:30873”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:15, topic:30873”][quote=“moss2k, post:14, topic:30873”]I’d like to know what all that $40m is going towards: track updates, scoreboard in Halton, graphics, etc.

Doesn’t shock me that they’re making baseball raise the money themselves, but if that’s the case then where is that $40M going? Surely it cannot costs that much to re-do the track and put up a new scoreboard.[/quote]unless prices have jumped a lot in the last e years, a scoreboard like that is going to cost around a million[/quote]
So a million out of nearly $40M, and track may have been a million too. So $2M out of nearly $40M, maybe the rest is going towards expansion of the stadium? I kinda wish she’d be more direct about where that money is going, but hey that letter is a start!

clt prefers a fb stadium upgrade over a indoor softball hitting area.

NA18 does too.

The thing about softball is they’re #family (well, I guess Hibbs is too, cant keep track of all the nepotism) and they insist on parity with the baseball facilities. When baseball got lights, there was hell to pay that softball didn’t.