From the desk of Judy Rose

I’m more concerned about actually filling said stadium. I hate seeing stadiums that are twice as big as the number of people actually in attendance.

Don’t take this as me being against stadium expansion, I am pro expansion, but I don’t believe we’d come close to filling it, and it’d look bad.[/quote]

We have discussed this is many many many many other threads and times, I’m not going to get into again, my opinion is we should not have the smallest FBS stadium, I also think if we had an AD that knew how to sell it wouldn’t be empty. It is looking more and more like the current AD is not going to tackle stadium expansion, which I think is a mistake, we can agree to disagree on this one.[/quote]

[font=montserrat][size=14px]“We will also be adding another women’s sport shortly and we continue to look at ways to upgrade our current sports, up to and including stadium expansion.”------Judy Rose[/size][/font][/quote]

Ha ha, ok… I continue to look at ways I can be a millionaire… big whip…[/quote]

Apparently you don’t know how our AD (and Judy Rose in particular) operates. If she even hints at something being a possibility, it is most likely a done deal. She would never broach the subject if she didn’t plan on following through.[/quote]

Except for getting MBB back to the NCAAs, still waiting on that one.

I’m more concerned about actually filling said stadium. I hate seeing stadiums that are twice as big as the number of people actually in attendance.

Don’t take this as me being against stadium expansion, I am pro expansion, but I don’t believe we’d come close to filling it, and it’d look bad.[/quote]

We have discussed this is many many many many other threads and times, I’m not going to get into again, my opinion is we should not have the smallest FBS stadium, I also think if we had an AD that knew how to sell it wouldn’t be empty. It is looking more and more like the current AD is not going to tackle stadium expansion, which I think is a mistake, we can agree to disagree on this one.[/quote]

[font=montserrat][size=14px]“We will also be adding another women’s sport shortly and we continue to look at ways to upgrade our current sports, up to and including stadium expansion.”------Judy Rose[/size][/font][/quote]

Ha ha, ok… I continue to look at ways I can be a millionaire… big whip…[/quote]

Apparently you don’t know how our AD (and Judy Rose in particular) operates. If she even hints at something being a possibility, it is most likely a done deal. She would never broach the subject if she didn’t plan on following through.[/quote]

Except for getting MBB back to the NCAAs, still waiting on that one.[/quote]

On the court performance is obviously a different animal.

Good point.

[quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

Not sure I get anything from this at all. She should send this out and it be the norm. I don’t claim to know all the parts of the AD’s job but winning and fan support for basketball and football has to be up there. She’s in too many wallets/purses. The AD and coach get paid a lot of money for RESULTS! This isn’t volunteer work. You win and have success or you get fired, period.

Oh well… Go niners![/quote]

I’m sure I going against the grain here, but winning isn’t the AD’s job.
Putting competent people in place, selling and building the program, and keeping the program clean are the AD’s job.
I’m not saying that she hasn’t failed miserable in the first and second items, but Spears, Harris and Dewhurst missing 3 free throws in the last 42 seconds of a game against Richmond that cost Bobby Lutz 20 wins, a trip to the NIT and likely his job isn’t Judy’s fault.

Apparently you don't know how our AD (and Judy Rose in particular) operates. If she even hints at something being a possibility, it is most likely a done deal. She would never broach the subject if she didn't plan on following through.

History proves you are correct. That type of guarded politics is old school. I understand it, but its frustrating for a beaten fanbase looking for something to cling to.

That said, despite all the other gloom and doom talk, can I just say that I feel like football is really trying to build a brand, an identity, and I think it’s working. I really like their approach. The missing piece is on field results, but I think these will come based on the brand we are building. A winning season will be like lighter fluid on the #rocksolid bonfire.

This. And i hope they have the stadium expansion news ready when the lighter fluid hits the bonfire.

[quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

Not sure I get anything from this at all. She should send this out and it be the norm. I don’t claim to know all the parts of the AD’s job but winning and fan support for basketball and football has to be up there. She’s in too many wallets/purses. The AD and coach get paid a lot of money for RESULTS! This isn’t volunteer work. You win and have success or you get fired, period.

Putting competent people in place, selling and building the program, and keeping the program clean are the AD’s job.
I’m not saying that she hasn’t failed miserable in the first and second items, but Spears, Harris and Dewhurst missing 3 free throws in the last 42 seconds of a game against Richmond that cost Bobby Lutz 20 wins, a trip to the NIT and likely his job isn’t Judy’s fault.[/quote]

“Hiring competent people” - The coaches Judy has hired have not been successful In 10+ years.

“Selling and building program” - attendance is down

So you agree she has failed at 2 of the 3 things you mentioned. How is that not a reason to fire someone in a results oriented job?

[quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

I’m not saying that she hasn’t failed miserable in the first and second items, but Spears, Harris and Dewhurst missing 3 free throws in the last 42 seconds of a game against Richmond that cost Bobby Lutz 20 wins, a trip to the NIT and likely his job isn’t Judy’s fault.[/quote]
There’s like eight instances of nepotism in the AD (including Foundation), many positions at the highest level, several of those individuals holding their position while under-performing for more than a decade. To me, that speaks to surrounding oneself with beholden Yes-people, not seeking the most qualified competent people. You can’t honestly and fairly evaluate the performance of subordinates when you have to take into consideration what the loss of their spouse or relative would mean to the department if that poorly-performing subordinate were to be terminated.

[quote=“emf, post:68, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

There’s like eight instances of nepotism in the AD (including Foundation), many positions at the highest level, several of those individuals holding their position while under-performing for more than a decade. To me, that speaks to surrounding oneself with beholden Yes-people, not seeking the most qualified competent people. You can’t honestly and fairly evaluate the performance of subordinates when you have to take into consideration what the loss of their spouse or relative would mean to the department if that poorly-performing subordinate were to be terminated.[/quote]

We should name them. That would be fun.

[quote=“Nugget, post:69, topic:30873”][quote=“emf, post:68, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

There’s like eight instances of nepotism in the AD (including Foundation), many positions at the highest level, several of those individuals holding their position while under-performing for more than a decade. To me, that speaks to surrounding oneself with beholden Yes-people, not seeking the most qualified competent people. You can’t honestly and fairly evaluate the performance of subordinates when you have to take into consideration what the loss of their spouse or relative would mean to the department if that poorly-performing subordinate were to be terminated.[/quote]

We should name them. That would be fun.[/quote]
I’ll start, our softball coach.

Damn I’m glad someone finally touched on that one !

We should name them. That would be fun.
[/quote]
I’ll start, our softball coach.
[/quote]

[quote=“cibik02, post:67, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

“Hiring competent people” - The coaches Judy has hired have not been successful In 10+ years.

So you agree she has failed at 2 of the 3 things you mentioned. How is that not a reason to fire someone in a results oriented job?[/quote]

I’m not saying she shouldn’t be gone, because of failure listed above. I’m saying if the game is lost it’s not her fault. To make an example in a bubble, if we draw 6000 folks to the Knights stadium and lose to State 16-1, she has succeeded in doing her job (that night).

I’m ready for Judy to be gone, but in my opinion, she gets blamed for things she has no control over.

Well, she finally has a nice haircut.

[quote=“Tintin, post:72, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:67, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

So you agree she has failed at 2 of the 3 things you mentioned. How is that not a reason to fire someone in a results oriented job?[/quote]

I’m not saying she shouldn’t be gone, because of failure listed above. I’m saying if the game is lost it’s not her fault. To make an example in a bubble, if we draw 6000 folks to the Knights stadium and lose to State 16-1, she has succeeded in doing her job (that night).

I’m ready for Judy to be gone, but in my opinion, she gets blamed for things she has no control over.[/quote]

That’s how we operate here at NN.N. We don’t give people credit for anything if we don’t like the overall body of work they’ve presented.

[quote=“Tintin, post:72, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:67, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

I’m ready for Judy to be gone, but in my opinion, she gets blamed for things she has no control over.[/quote]the knights are the one that started the college series at the uptown stadium. They’re the ones promoting it in uptown, at games and with sponsored posts on Facebook.

Not sure just would be the most appropriate person to give credit to if 6000 people show up.

I get your larger point and mostly agree, but the knights example is a poor one.

[quote=“Niner National, post:75, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:72, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:67, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

I’m ready for Judy to be gone, but in my opinion, she gets blamed for things she has no control over.[/quote]the knights are the one that started the college series at the uptown stadium. They’re the ones promoting it in uptown, at games and with sponsored posts on Facebook.

Not sure just would be the most appropriate person to give credit to if 6000 people show up.

I get your larger point and mostly agree, but the knights example is a poor one.[/quote]

I too understand what Tintin is saying but the example used is not very good. The baseball games Uptown were started based on a relationship between the baseball staff and the Knights representatives. I don’t think she has tried to take credit for it, but I guess since it falls under the umbrella of the Athletic Department, she could.

If we sold out the smallest stadium in FBS regularly, and we weren’t dropping in attendance annually, I might not have as much beef with Judy. When we sit back and say “We don’t need to expand the stadium until we sell out our current seats.” That’s what really pisses me off. Her department is in charge of selling tickets and getting asses in seats, so we can eventually expand. the majority of our efforts need to be towards getting the football program up and running, but instead we are watching it slowly deteriorate, before it even gets a chance. My expectations are managed when it comes to the product on the field, but the off-the-field stuff is where I have the beef.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:76, topic:30873”][quote=“Niner National, post:75, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:72, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:67, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

I get your larger point and mostly agree, but the knights example is a poor one.[/quote]

I too understand what Tintin is saying but the example used is not very good. The baseball games Uptown were started based on a relationship between the baseball staff and the Knights representatives. I don’t think she has tried to take credit for it, but I guess since it falls under the umbrella of the Athletic Department, she could.

If we sold out the smallest stadium in FBS regularly, and we weren’t dropping in attendance annually, I might not have as much beef with Judy. When we sit back and say “We don’t need to expand the stadium until we sell out our current seats.” That’s what really pisses me off. Her department is in charge of selling tickets and getting asses in seats, so we can eventually expand. the majority of our efforts need to be towards getting the football program up and running, but instead we are watching it slowly deteriorate, before it even gets a chance. My expectations are managed when it comes to the product on the field, but the off-the-field stuff is where I have the beef.[/quote]

Are you saying she makes excuses for not doing her job, but then also takes credit for accomplishments made by others?

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:76, topic:30873”][quote=“Niner National, post:75, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:72, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:67, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

If we sold out the smallest stadium in FBS regularly, and we weren’t dropping in attendance annually, I might not have as much beef with Judy. When we sit back and say “We don’t need to expand the stadium until we sell out our current seats.” That’s what really pisses me off. Her department is in charge of selling tickets and getting asses in seats, so we can eventually expand. the majority of our efforts need to be towards getting the football program up and running, but instead we are watching it slowly deteriorate, before it even gets a chance. My expectations are managed when it comes to the product on the field, but the off-the-field stuff is where I have the beef.[/quote]

BINGO!

[quote=“49r9r, post:77, topic:30873”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:76, topic:30873”][quote=“Niner National, post:75, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:72, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:67, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

Are you saying she makes excuses for not doing her job, but then also takes credit for accomplishments made by others?[/quote]

Of all my issues with things - this is the biggest. When things are great she loves to bask in the limelight and take credit, when things go south they are never, ever, her fault.

[quote=“NewNiner, post:74, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:72, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:67, topic:30873”][quote=“Tintin, post:64, topic:30873”][quote=“cibik02, post:26, topic:30873”]Winning is part of the AD’s job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That’s a long time considering the “good ol days”.

I’m ready for Judy to be gone, but in my opinion, she gets blamed for things she has no control over.[/quote]

That’s how we operate here at NN.N. We don’t give people credit for anything if we don’t like the overall body of work they’ve presented.[/quote]

This is like giving the pilot of the Hindenburg a pat on the back becasue everything went well but the landing