From the desk of Judy Rose

Well, if Lambert raises his own money we can expand the stadium.[/quote]

Ha ha, toucheā€¦ thatā€™s not happening anytime soon.

Well, if Lambert raises his own money we can expand the stadium.[/quote]

Ha ha, toucheā€¦ thatā€™s not happening anytime soon.[/quote]
Ogunjobi Stadium will be fun to say.

The date on the softball rendering is August 15, 2016. The date on the baseball rendering is 2-18-2017. Was the softball hitting facility being planned before baseball? The way we spend money on facilities is a big head scratcher to me. See the tennis facility.[/quote]

The date on the baseball rendering is more recent because they had to revise the design based on Philā€™s comments. They have been pursuing this for several years. An indoor facility was actually planned as an additional phase when they built the Hayes in 2006-2007.

The date on the softball rendering is August 15, 2016. The date on the baseball rendering is 2-18-2017. Was the softball hitting facility being planned before baseball? The way we spend money on facilities is a big head scratcher to me. See the tennis facility.[/quote]

The date on the baseball rendering is more recent because they had to revise the design based on Philā€™s comments. They have been pursuing this for several years. An indoor facility was actually planned as an additional phase when they built the Hayes in 2006-2007.[/quote]

This.

[quote=ā€œmoss2k, post:14, topic:30873ā€]Iā€™d like to know what all that $40m is going towards: track updates, scoreboard in Halton, graphics, etc.

From what I heard, baseball was having to bring in funds for their facilityā€¦[/quote]

Baseball didnā€™t HAVE to bring in the funds on their own, but assisting/working on it as well would obviously help----so they did. This is not that unusual.

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Iā€™m more concerned about actually filling said stadium. I hate seeing stadiums that are twice as big as the number of people actually in attendance.

Donā€™t take this as me being against stadium expansion, I am pro expansion, but I donā€™t believe weā€™d come close to filling it, and itā€™d look bad.

^Iā€™d like a stadium expansion as well.

But to your point, we do a pretty bad job of getting people in the stadium. It would be nice if we would prioritize that first.

Iā€™m more concerned about actually filling said stadium. I hate seeing stadiums that are twice as big as the number of people actually in attendance.

Donā€™t take this as me being against stadium expansion, I am pro expansion, but I donā€™t believe weā€™d come close to filling it, and itā€™d look bad.[/quote]

We have discussed this is many many many many other threads and times, Iā€™m not going to get into again, my opinion is we should not have the smallest FBS stadium, I also think if we had an AD that knew how to sell it wouldnā€™t be empty. It is looking more and more like the current AD is not going to tackle stadium expansion, which I think is a mistake, we can agree to disagree on this one.

[quote=ā€œNinerfan2012, post:48, topic:30873ā€]^Iā€™d like a stadium expansion as well.

But to your point, we do a pretty bad job of getting people in the stadium. It would be nice if we would prioritize that first.[/quote]

At the parade saturday one of the IMG ticket guys was there. He was handing out vouchers to the spring game, so that was a great idea. The bad is that even though I told the AD there would be 100K people there, we ran out of vouchers way early. Itā€™s a great idea though and hopefully gets some new folks in the stadium

On another note I explained to him about CFI. He had never heard the story and said this is a great story, why donā€™t we talk about it? It would sell tickets and encourage donors! I said I donā€™t know, you will have to ask Judy that.

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:50, topic:30873ā€][quote=ā€œNinerfan2012, post:48, topic:30873ā€]^Iā€™d like a stadium expansion as well.

But to your point, we do a pretty bad job of getting people in the stadium. It would be nice if we would prioritize that first.[/quote]

At the parade saturday one of the IMG ticket guys was there. He was handing out vouchers to the spring game, so that was a great idea. The bad is that even though I told the AD there would be 100K people there, we ran out of vouchers way early. Itā€™s a great idea though and hopefully gets some new folks in the stadium

On another note I explained to him about CFI. He had never heard the story and said this is a great story, why donā€™t we talk about it? It would sell tickets and encourage donors! I said I donā€™t know, you will have to ask Judy that.[/quote]
This post makes me sad in so many ways.

Donā€™t take this as me being against stadium expansion, I am pro expansion, but I donā€™t believe weā€™d come close to filling it, and itā€™d look bad.[/quote]

We have discussed this is many many many many other threads and times, Iā€™m not going to get into again, my opinion is we should not have the smallest FBS stadium, I also think if we had an AD that knew how to sell it wouldnā€™t be empty. It is looking more and more like the current AD is not going to tackle stadium expansion, which I think is a mistake, we can agree to disagree on this one.[/quote]

Iā€™d like to add that expansion would produce more quality seating. I canā€™t stress this enough. More seats along the 50 would sell tickets. I actually prefer to sit higher up, and would jump at the opportunity to lock up those seats.

We have discussed this is many many many many other threads and times, Iā€™m not going to get into again, my opinion is we should not have the smallest FBS stadium, I also think if we had an AD that knew how to sell it wouldnā€™t be empty. It is looking more and more like the current AD is not going to tackle stadium expansion, which I think is a mistake, we can agree to disagree on this one.[/quote]

[font=montserrat][size=14px]ā€œWe will also be adding another womenā€™s sport shortly and we continue to look at ways to upgrade our current sports, up to and including stadium expansion.ā€------Judy Rose[/size][/font]

[font=montserrat][size=14px]ā€œWe will also be adding another womenā€™s sport shortly and we continue to look at ways to upgrade our current sports, up to and including stadium expansion.ā€------Judy Rose[/size][/font][/quote]

Ha ha, okā€¦ I continue to look at ways I can be a millionaireā€¦ big whipā€¦

This is a good start, but I like Hibbsā€™s philosophy of two good one bad, along with the good things are happening what are we doing poorly and what is the plan to improve upon our shortcomings.

Also I am a little worried as well that stadium expansion is off the table with her. She has said things in the past about filling up the existing seating first, if that is the case then the first, second, third, and fourth priority of the AD should be how to drive demand so that it is required. I can understand not addressing it in the first newsletter, but we need to know the plan to get the stadium expanded.

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:50, topic:30873ā€][quote=ā€œNinerfan2012, post:48, topic:30873ā€]^Iā€™d like a stadium expansion as well.

On another note I explained to him about CFI. He had never heard the story and said this is a great story, why donā€™t we talk about it? It would sell tickets and encourage donors! I said I donā€™t know, you will have to ask Judy that.[/quote]
I hope they can and do track those vouchers. I am sure most of those people have never been to a game and probably have never been on campus, so it would be good to know how many show up. If they have to exchange the voucher for a ticket and we can somehow get contact information on them that would be a touchdown.

[quote=ā€œNugget, post:56, topic:30873ā€][quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:50, topic:30873ā€][quote=ā€œNinerfan2012, post:48, topic:30873ā€]^Iā€™d like a stadium expansion as well.

I hope they can and do track those vouchers. I am sure most of those people have never been to a game and probably have never been on campus, so it would be good to know how many show up. If they have to exchange the voucher for a ticket and we can somehow get contact information on them that would be a touchdown.[/quote]

They can and do. He mentioned they had handed them out at something in Harrisburg (because our AD I think sometimes thinks our name is UNC Harrisburg) and said that they could see how many were used. The voucher isnā€™t even 1:1 - its 1:how ever many tickets you want. I think there is like a $5 processing fee or something. Either way a great idea. Just need the AD to think bigger and get engaged with the city. Ticket guy was blown away at all he stuff we were talking about. The AD is so disconnected from the city and events itā€™s not even funny.

clt says we need to announce plans for the fb expansion. this would help

-increase momentum
-recruiting

• the perception that you cannot get a seat at the rich
  • fundraising

Harrisburg was the fourth of July parade.

[font=montserrat][size=14px]ā€œWe will also be adding another womenā€™s sport shortly and we continue to look at ways to upgrade our current sports, up to and including stadium expansion.ā€------Judy Rose[/size][/font][/quote]

Ha ha, okā€¦ I continue to look at ways I can be a millionaireā€¦ big whipā€¦[/quote]

Apparently you donā€™t know how our AD (and Judy Rose in particular) operates. If she even hints at something being a possibility, it is most likely a done deal. She would never broach the subject if she didnā€™t plan on following through.