From WFU board

[quote=ā€œ49or bust, post:20, topic:23802ā€][quote=ā€œ49RFootballNow, post:19, topic:23802ā€]Does this map not show you why Wake has a problem with us?

[/quote]
:))[/quote]

That map makes me think a fast move to FBS is in our best interest. Less competition! 8)

Who the hell is independence? Answer: the Independence varsity football team, coached by Tom Knotts, won 109 straight games and won seven straight North Carolina High School Athletic Association (NCHSAA) State Championships (4-AA). Who the hell is Butler?

Iā€™m not too concerned over what the University of Ohio at Winston-Salem says. They have no say-so in our school funds and such, and will have zero impact on our program the way our big brother state school bretheren will. They are the little fish in the big pond with a heavy inferiority complex. Let them bitch and moan. Nobody outside of Winston-Salem and Ohio cares about them.

We need Knotts to assist with recruiting at Charlotte. He did a heluva job at Independence.

Jebus, now I got one of these Wake fuckers wanting to argue with me over Dick Spangler! What a herd of flaming anuses!

Moderator wonā€™t let me join. >:( I guess Stanton is all they can handle.

Now this asshole is defending Chapel Hill, no wonder they suck. They like to kiss their conference rivalā€™s anus.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=192&f=1118&t=6272726

Wonder what kind of act of Congress would need to be passed for me to get my Scout account user name changed?

[b]Facts are[/b] owning the uncc fans.

Fixed.

Iā€™m just the messenger. USF has such a unique situation compared to UNCC.

I teach a Sport and Society course and when we do our Sports and Education section, I pose the question, ā€œGiven the successful rise of USF football and what some consider benefits to the overall academic goals of the university, should UNC-Charlotte start a football program?ā€ Some are assigned ā€œYesā€ and others ā€œNoā€. At the end, most generally believe UNCC should just drop the idea all together.

Thereā€™s no feasible reason to believe theyā€™ll be successful UNLESS they already have a promise from the Big East that (1) the Big East will still be around and (1b) will be split into football schools and basketball schools and (2) theyā€™ll take ECU and UNCC within the next 5 years.

If weā€™re not worth a damn and our football program will be a gigantic flop then why all the vitriol and hate? Napolean Complex?

After reading this thread of theirs for the last day I think Iā€™d rather go into their 30,000 seat stadium and whip their asses more than Iā€™d like to beat App in Kidd Brewer.

Same thing for me. I wonder if itā€™s because itā€™s the weekend, or the fact that I have ā€œCharlotteā€ in my new usernameā€¦

I don't have any problem with the people at UNC-C.

Good to see that good ole DemonDick is as bitter as ever.

No, DemonDick, you donā€™t have a problem with us, aside from having your ass handed to you so hard on here that you ran off and have been crying about it ever since.

That guy is one of the biggest knobs on the internet. And Iā€™d tell him on his board, but that loser immediately cries to have me banned everytime I join.

Bottom line, there are a few Wake fans who appreciate the intrigue of another in state program to be rivals with. The ones who are barking loudest know damn well that weā€™re a bigger school, in a bigger market, and we are setup far better than they are to become a football power. It will just take time and the right leadership. Theyā€™re scared.

Have some decency sir. ???

Same thing for me. I wonder if itā€™s because itā€™s the weekend, or the fact that I have ā€œCharlotteā€ in my new usernameā€¦[/quote]

As sad as it is, that actually is a problem on many boards. Iā€™ve found I have an easier time infiltrating enemy territory because the mods have no clue ā€œchisox17ā€ is actually a rabid Niners fan. Kind of hard to join a Memphis, Davidson, GW, etc board as anyone with Charlotte or 49ers in your username.

Same thing for me. I wonder if itā€™s because itā€™s the weekend, or the fact that I have ā€œCharlotteā€ in my new usernameā€¦[/quote]

As sad as it is, that actually is a problem on many boards. Iā€™ve found I have an easier time infiltrating enemy territory because the mods have no clue ā€œchisox17ā€ is actually a rabid Niners fan. Kind of hard to join a Memphis, Davidson, GW, etc board as anyone with Charlotte or 49ers in your username.[/quote]

Iā€™m also registered on Scout as Normmm, which seems vague enough. Maybe it is just because itā€™s the weekend. Weā€™ll see.

After 2 days the moderator still has yet to approve me. I assume they checked out this site, because thereā€™s no other way (except laziness) that I wouldnā€™t be approved to post. I thought Wake fans would be pretty cool but I guess not.

They can act like they are all big and bad but nobody gives a !*@$#) about Wake Forest. You never hear anyone gearing up for the ā€œbig game with Wake.ā€ No one cares. They actually need a rival.

[quote=ā€œpunkrockcowboy, post:33, topic:23802ā€]After 2 days the moderator still has yet to approve me. I assume they checked out this site, because thereā€™s no other way (except laziness) that I wouldnā€™t be approved to post. I thought Wake fans would be pretty cool but I guess not.

They can act like they are all big and bad but nobody gives a !*@$#) about Wake Forest. You never hear anyone gearing up for the ā€œbig game with Wake.ā€ No one cares. They actually need a rival.[/quote]

I think Iā€™m about done overthere anyway. One guy says heā€™s bringing ā€œfactsā€ against us moving to FBS and has yet to drop a statistic, but he has a PHD in some bullshit subject so I guess we had better listen to him. ::slight_smile: The rest of the guys seem to want to slop all over his shlong now.

As we move up, someone has to come down.

Smell out the fear, and youā€™ll find who knows they are the next victim in line.

[quote=ā€œ49RFootballNow, post:34, topic:23802ā€][quote=ā€œpunkrockcowboy, post:33, topic:23802ā€]After 2 days the moderator still has yet to approve me. I assume they checked out this site, because thereā€™s no other way (except laziness) that I wouldnā€™t be approved to post. I thought Wake fans would be pretty cool but I guess not.

They can act like they are all big and bad but nobody gives a !*@$#) about Wake Forest. You never hear anyone gearing up for the ā€œbig game with Wake.ā€ No one cares. They actually need a rival.[/quote]

I think Iā€™m about done overthere anyway. One guy says heā€™s bringing ā€œfactsā€ against us moving to FBS and has yet to drop a statistic, but he has a PHD in some bullshit subject so I guess we had better listen to him. ::slight_smile: The rest of the guys seem to want to slop all over his shlong now.[/quote]

Donā€™t do that. Keep throwing real facts at themā€¦Donā€™t forget that LOTS of people read message-baords without ever postingā€¦keep giving 'em hell. I may register over there tomorrow as well.

ditto

I remember back in high school my high school band that I was in was invited by Wake to go play the halftime show at a Wake vs. UNC game. I found it funny how empty the stadium was during this ā€œrivalry gameā€. Needless to say the game was so boring we got the f*** out of there right after halftime. It sucked so much that our band director refused to ever participate at another Wake Forest football game again :)).

some of you need to hang around over there after foorball season begins. thatā€™s when the fun begins. the alumni bitch at the students for showing up at games in the 2nd quarter and leaving at the half. yes, all 1000 students that show up to their games. the students bitch at the alumni for not making any noise.

the only way their stadium has ever sold out is when the opposing team brings at least 10,000 fans. they have had numerous games throughout their history when the visiting fans had more fans than wake.

[quote=ā€œLakeNorman49er, post:39, topic:23802ā€]some of you need to hang around over there after foorball season begins. thatā€™s when the fun begins. the alumni b**** at the students for showing up at games in the 2nd quarter and leaving at the half. yes, all 1000 students that show up to their games. the students b**** at the alumni for not making any noise.

the only way their stadium has ever sold out is when the opposing team brings at least 10,000 fans. they have had numerous games throughout their history when the visiting fans had more fans than wake.[/quote]

Reminds me of the Clemson Duke game I went to in Durham where my dad kept on running into people he went to school with. Youā€™d think it was a Clemson class reunion for the triangle or somethin.