From WFU board

ā€œJust when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!ā€

To be honest Iā€™m surprised someone hasnā€™t gotten me banned over there yet. I really hope RacerDeac gets personal, I really want a reason to bring up his life-partner and adopted Romanian baby avatar.

I still donā€™t understand why some people seem to be personally offended that weā€™re starting a football program. Most of them have already decided itā€™s going to be a failure, so why would they care at all?

Because it doesnā€™t count unless they can tell eachother how much weā€™ll suck, demonstrate their bare minimal knowledge of us, our situation and college sports, and then stroke each others egos and other things.

Their message board is cuteā€¦I remember when I had my first beer.

The thread really wasnt that bad until some of us went over there and then it became an ā€œus vs themā€ mentality. There seemed to be a bit of support from most posters on that first page apart from those 2 douchebags. We are always going to have one or 2 of ā€œthose guysā€ trying to belittle us from here till the end of time. It shouldnt really bother us.

Besides, its Wake fucking Forest. Who the hell cares about Wake Forest?

Agreed.

RacerDeacā€™s complete jackass attitude was plain ridiculous. I know some of you think weā€™re above slogging it out with other fans on message boards but I donā€™t let any ignorant challenge to this University pass without correction. Guess I have more of a trench fighter mentality on this but we put up with enough s*** talk for the last 65 years without making comment. Those days are over!

Ridiculous.

[quote=ā€œPowerbait, post:49, topic:23802ā€]Ridiculous.[/quote] thanks ::slight_smile:

No, I donā€™t blame you for responding. Iā€™m glad weā€™ve got guys who will do that and I cant lie and say Iā€™ve never done the same before. Iā€™m just saying it really shouldnt bother us, and that douchebag is the exception and not the rule in terms of attitudes towards the school.

No, I donā€™t blame you for responding. Iā€™m glad weā€™ve got guys who will do that and I cant lie and say Iā€™ve never done the same before. Iā€™m just saying it really shouldnt bother us, and that douchebag is the exception and not the rule in terms of attitudes towards the school.[/quote]

Iā€™d say there have been some neutral responses so I guess those arenā€™t bad. I just get tired of the BS falasy (check that word for me PB) that folks get all riled up over us and making fun of us for starting football. If we truely didnā€™t matter they wouldnā€™t feel the need to belittle us.

I just want the champion of our academics to be on top of his game.

I just want the champion of our academics to be on top of his game.[/quote]

One of my engineering professors finished putting an example on the board and turned to us and asked ā€œdoes anyone see anything wrong with my example?ā€ A girl in the class, which was still a rarity at that time, said ā€œyou misspelled difus(s)ionā€. He looked at her in consternation and said ā€œare you here to learn to be an engineer or a secretary? Because secretaries get paid to fix spelling issues, but engineers had better make sure the math is right.ā€

Now I donā€™t necessarily agree with him but I do wish Spell Check features on message boards were more user friendly. :-[

I just want the champion of our academics to be on top of his game.[/quote]

One of my engineering professors finished putting an example on the board and turned to us and asked ā€œdoes anyone see anything wrong with my example?ā€ A girl in the class, which was still a rarity at that time, said ā€œyou misspelled difus(s)ionā€. He looked at her in consternation and said ā€œare you here to learn to be an engineer or a secretary? Because secretaries get paid to fix spelling issues, but engineers had better make sure the math is right.ā€

Now I donā€™t necessarily agree with him but I do wish Spell Check features on messaga boards were more user friendly. :-[[/quote]
Firefoxā€¦

or proof readā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ ::slight_smile: ??? /facepalm (not just at you)

Indeed. :wink:

Indeed. ;)[/quote]

I bet you look at your keyboard while you type! :stuck_out_tongue:

Threads such as the Wake boardsā€™ only legitimize Charlotteā€™s program more. If you want to be a factor then the criticism comes with it. A thread for UNCP football would never go 7 pages.

Iā€™m in. Woot!

I think RacerDick is overcompensating for something. What is it about UNC Charlotte that makes people hate us like this? Either we donā€™t matter and then youā€™ll stop talking about us and putting us down because thereā€™s no point to it; or, we are a threat to you and youā€™re too damn silly to admit it. Either way Iā€™m just going to read that thread from now on. Theyā€™re now reduced to personal attacks and if I retaliate they will ban me. Oh well, fuckā€™em.