From WFU board

I would love to play WFU in football in our early seasons but I don’t want them as a rival as much as they don’t want us. The fact of the matter is they won’t be the pig payday that we can get from other schools. Considering paydays will go a long way in funding the program there are bigger fish to fry than the Deacons. I would rather try to work something out with Clemson, South Carolina, UNCCH, NCSU, hell even ECU then I would WFU inspite of the fact that it is more beneficial for me to have a game 20-25 minutes away.

I am glad some of you are going to the board and sticking up for what we are trying to do but I wouldn’t spend to much time over it. You will not change the minds of the folks over there that we can have a successful program and who cares what they think anyways.

Due to this board and a lot of hard work put in by some of our members we will have a football team in 2013 and despite what other teams think and say on a mesage board it is going to happen.

I grew up a Wake fan and for the life up me, I don’t understand why they look down upon us. Wake has not accomplished anything substantial in baseball, basketball (final 4, so have we) or football enough for them to act like they are. F*** them, they are prob worried we’ll start stealing their 2 star talent for football.

It’s rather obvious. All it is is that they are in the ACC. That’s all it is. They can’t stand on their own athletic achievements so they rest their laurels on their conference affiliation.

Oh but moss, their degrees make their shit not stink. They went to mighty Wake Forest, the Switzerland of the Ah She She. They’re God’s chosen anuses. We are meer mortals to their self appointed Godlike selves.

Typical Ah She She Holy-than-Thou BS! They even like to belittel the Big East despite the fact the BE, on average, has been better in both money sports pre-and post Ah She She raid.

It’s rather obvious. All it is is that they are in the ACC. That’s all it is. They can’t stand on their own athletic achievements so they rest their laurels on their conference affiliation.[/quote]I guess your right VA, they have a sense of entitlement due to conference affiliation.

No, I don’t blame you for responding. I’m glad we’ve got guys who will do that and I cant lie and say I’ve never done the same before. I’m just saying it really shouldnt bother us, and that douchebag is the exception and not the rule in terms of attitudes towards the school.[/quote]

I’d say there have been some neutral responses so I guess those aren’t bad. I just get tired of the BS falasy (check that word for me PB) that folks get all riled up over us and making fun of us for starting football. If we truely didn’t matter they wouldn’t feel the need to belittle us.[/quote]

fallacy?

It’s rather obvious. All it is is that they are in the ACC. That’s all it is. They can’t stand on their own athletic achievements so they rest their laurels on their conference affiliation.[/quote]I guess your right VA, they have a sense of entitlement due to conference affiliation.[/quote]

That’s mostly what I hear when talking to WF fans. Whenever I bring up what it is exactly they have accomplished athletically, they always back track and bring up the ACC. Of course, that is with the obnoxious fans, WF, like most schools, has decent fans as well. I work with one of them.

No, I don’t blame you for responding. I’m glad we’ve got guys who will do that and I cant lie and say I’ve never done the same before. I’m just saying it really shouldnt bother us, and that douchebag is the exception and not the rule in terms of attitudes towards the school.[/quote]

I’d say there have been some neutral responses so I guess those aren’t bad. I just get tired of the BS falasy (check that word for me PB) that folks get all riled up over us and making fun of us for starting football. If we truely didn’t matter they wouldn’t feel the need to belittle us.[/quote]

fallacy?[/quote]

Thanks again! I knew there was a reason we kept you around! And yes I am too lazy sometimes to open Word and use spell check.

I remember reading the State boards right after we added a team and the vast majority of their fans on there were supportive (I seem to recall one or two of them being idiots but overall that is pretty good). I distinctly remember that one of their posters said that we should focus on our basketball program since that is what we were known for and try not compete with so many other teams in the state and a couple of their posters said that we had as much of a right to field a team as anybody and that they would just have to step up their recruiting efforts to stay ahead of the game. Not bad from an ACC school. (Not sure what Chapel Hell had to say, but I’m sure it was condescending and it doesn’t matter due to the fact that they’re cheaters anyways)

I’ve always had an enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend point of view when it comes to NCSU, never really had much of a problem with them.

seriously, it’s been said like 5x… it’s fucking wake forest.

[quote=“cdsniner, post:61, topic:23802”]I would love to play WFU in football in our early seasons but I don’t want them as a rival as much as they don’t want us. The fact of the matter is they won’t be the pig payday that we can get from other schools. Considering paydays will go a long way in funding the program there are bigger fish to fry than the Deacons. I would rather try to work something out with Clemson, South Carolina, UNCCH, NCSU, hell even ECU then I would WFU inspite of the fact that it is more beneficial for me to have a game 20-25 minutes away.

I am glad some of you are going to the board and sticking up for what we are trying to do but I wouldn’t spend to much time over it. You will not change the minds of the folks over there that we can have a successful program and who cares what they think anyways.

Due to this board and a lot of hard work put in by some of our members we will have a football team in 2013 and despite what other teams think and say on a mesage board it is going to happen.[/quote]

If I had to pick any school to try to build a rivalry with it would have to be Tennessee.

[quote=“Hal Jordan, post:72, topic:23802”][quote=“cdsniner, post:61, topic:23802”]I would love to play WFU in football in our early seasons but I don’t want them as a rival as much as they don’t want us. The fact of the matter is they won’t be the pig payday that we can get from other schools. Considering paydays will go a long way in funding the program there are bigger fish to fry than the Deacons. I would rather try to work something out with Clemson, South Carolina, UNCCH, NCSU, hell even ECU then I would WFU inspite of the fact that it is more beneficial for me to have a game 20-25 minutes away.

Due to this board and a lot of hard work put in by some of our members we will have a football team in 2013 and despite what other teams think and say on a mesage board it is going to happen.[/quote]

If I had to pick any school to try to build a rivalry with it would have to be Tennessee.[/quote]

I wasn’t saying we could build a rivalry I was just saying they could be big paydays but I agree Tennessee would be a good addition to the list I gave.

ha. just killing time. it is funny though. you would think some of their fans were referring to Texas or Alabama, rather than WF football.

ha. just killing time. it is funny though. you would think some of their fans were referring to Texas or Alabama, rather than WF football.[/quote]

Give em f*ckin hell Normmm!!!

I have too much redneck in me to keep it civil enough to stay around for the duration.

As far as being a football whore that is the way the game is set up these days. We did not make up those rules and the ACC helped that along with the raiding of the BE. To compete on a National level in any of your Athletics you need to be in a BCS conference and to be in a BCS conference you need football.

Back before we made it so damn easy to get into Charlotte I knew 2 persons that were turned down by Charlotte but accepted at Wake. We turned them down. Their dad then went to talk to the Wake Dean of Admissions, and the next thing you know they were accepted at Wake.

Like others have said, Wake’s claim to fame comes from the success of others in their conference. They love to brag about the success of others in their conference.

[quote=“Chipper, post:76, topic:23802”]Back before we made it so damn easy to get into Charlotte I knew 2 persons that were turned down by Charlotte but accepted at Wake. We turned them down. Their dad then went to talk to the Wake Dean of Admissions, and the next thing you know they were accepted at Wake.

Like others have said, Wake’s claim to fame comes from the success of others in their conference. They love to brag about the success of others in their conference.[/quote]

You know how Baylor is perceived nationally? That’s Wake Forest outside of this state. No one knows who they are and no one cares. WF is like Clemson, UVA, State and Maryland. They gravytrain their friends accomplishments. WFU is like the fat chick that hangs out with the hot chick. Someone needs to drive them around and be the base in the pyramid.

Indeed. ;)[/quote]

I bet you look at your keyboard while you type! :p[/quote]

Indeed. I’ve never had the desire to learn to type at the speed of a secretary. ;D

I don’t think there’s any benefit to continuing over there. Guys like RacerDeac are last worders that win never STFU if you try to argue a point.

I fixed that for you.

[quote=“Tintin, post:77, topic:23802”][quote=“Chipper, post:76, topic:23802”]Back before we made it so damn easy to get into Charlotte I knew 2 persons that were turned down by Charlotte but accepted at Wake. We turned them down. Their dad then went to talk to the Wake Dean of Admissions, and the next thing you know they were accepted at Wake.

Like others have said, Wake’s claim to fame comes from the success of others in their conference. They love to brag about the success of others in their conference.[/quote]

You know how Baylor is perceived nationally? That’s Wake Forest outside of this state. No one knows who they are and no one cares. WF is like Clemson, UVA, State and Maryland. They gravytrain their friends accomplishments. WFU is like the fat chick that hangs out with the hot chick. Someone needs to drive them around and be the base in the pyramid.[/quote]

Tin Tin, that is pure poetry.