Front Entrance Sign

I like the current sign.

They couldnt pick a better car then the RX8?

Move snoopy’s ear to the right and over those two unsightly, smaller words and that looks great![/QUOTE]
Yeah, that “at Charlotte” part is pretty blasphemous.

[QUOTE=survivor45;276157]Uh oh, bust.

I just looked and found an even newer version after minor changes to the ‘Lighting and Landscaping Plan’:

[ATTACH]1385[/ATTACH]

Here’s the link BTW:
http://facilities.uncc.edu/Planning/Website%20Information/New%20Front%20Entrance/05089-UNCCEntrance-072107-NewView.jpg[/QUOTE]
:lmao:

[QUOTE=Gill2003;276181]They couldnt pick a better car then the RX8?[/QUOTE]
Wondered the same thing…
Fixed! Notice I fixed a few shirt colors too…

so...basically what you're saying is that it IS the most updated plan. It's not too hard to picture what the columns and landscaping would look like without the gray hue.

Why wait? Are they afraid to admit responsibility?

[ATTACH]1386[/ATTACH]

Basically, yes.

No, they’re not waiting, just getting it printed to a large format and posted right out front. They just will not post it, most likely, until they actually begin construction on the columns. Right now they’re just grading the landscape.

They couldnt pick a better car then the RX8?

Sorry, Sketch-Up only has so many car types, and generally the files get really large when using the cars not provided by the program (Which are crap). What do you want in there? A Volvo?

Sorry Chevee… next time I’ll put in the model of the new Camaro I have for the program.

I also go for the new design, we should avoid putting uncc on anything official if we can.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;276195]Sorry Chevee… next time I’ll put in the model of the new Camaro I have for the program.[/QUOTE]

:clap: :clap:

Sorry Chevee... next time I'll put in the model of the new Camaro I have for the program.
sweet!

Except I’ll likely never have to do another rendering for that sign… haha sorry, but if we get any more University work I’ll put it in there.

This seems like a more accurate portrayal of what our front entrance will look like.

is it just me or does the mysterious dude by the sign look like darth vader?

clt thinks this thread is hof worthy.

I like how there is one clip-art vehicle pulling into campus, and an actual photo of a real car driving out onto 49. I think a more realistic rendering should include 2 cop cars side by side with the engines cut off.

:thumbsup: good job Bust!

[QUOTE=CharlotteLacrosse16;276840]is it just me or does the mysterious dude by the sign look like darth vader?[/QUOTE]

There’s an ‘Ewok’ behind the sign too.

I think the middle column and left column look like the dorms in the background- with new brick facade.

bust, pretty funny work. You need to insert a little Dubois with some spray paint, doing some graffiti over the word “Charlotte”

I think the middle column and left column look like the dorms in the background- with new brick facade.

Ummmm… no.

bust that’s hilarious. :lmao:

The sign? The sign with columns? Gotta be more specific