Furman Pregame

Hopefully we can get our first win

Id like to see a starting lineup of:

Braxton
Andrien
Vanhook
Sullivan
Uchebo

I think Benas should come off the bench and I also think Blakely should play some he’s long and has shown he can block some shots in past games, however he wont help rebounding much.

With his injury history, Uchebo is not capable of playing big minutes. He will need to be used judiciously. I would certainly like to know the back story with Blakely. He did not play much in the exhibition game either.

Furman beat App St tonight and is 2-0. After them we play 3 games in the Bahamas tourney (starting with Syracuse), then Davidson and Miami. Better win now.

This is technically an Atlantis game right?

This is technically an Atlantis game right?[/quote]

Correctomundo. Furman is also playing at Connecticut as part of the Tournament on Saturday.

Correctomundo. Furman is also playing at Connecticut as part of the Tournament on Saturday.[/quote]

I know that making this game part of the tournament gets us an extra game somehow. Wonder if Furman can win the tournament without even going. ::slight_smile:

Correctomundo. Furman is also playing at Connecticut as part of the Tournament on Saturday.[/quote]

I know that making this game part of the tournament gets us an extra game somehow. Wonder if Furman can win the tournament without even going. ::)[/quote]

Well, they can certainly win the mainland bracket, they’ll play Texas A&M-Corpus Christi in the semi-final, the other semi-final is Mount St. Mary’s at Elon.

Not to be a debbie downer, but I think Furman is going to beat us inside. They have a good inside game and are good on the glass. Matt Rafferty is legit.

We will have to get hot from the outside to win this one.

I think we lose 81 to 67.

Charlotte -2 as of now.

Edit, already moved to -1

Now Charlotte +1.5. You can follow movement here: http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/furman-@-north-carolina-charlotte.cfm/date/11-19-15/time/1900#BT

I wonder if Furman is our best chance for a win until our 9th game against Campbell. Bahamas, Davidson and then Miami is a challenging stretch.

[quote=“2k, post:9, topic:29978”]Charlotte -2 as of now.

Edit, already moved to -1[/quote]

take Furman

[quote=“truninersfan, post:11, topic:29978”][quote=“2k, post:9, topic:29978”]Charlotte -2 as of now.

take Furman[/quote]

This has to be based off our previous success, which I’ll take as flattery. Hopefully we can get back to that level. CUSA seems like a dead end. I would love to make it to the American.

http://www.stateofcharlotte.com/pre-game-furman-11-19-15/

Does anyone know the deal with Blakely? Hasnt touched the floor. We can’t afford to keep anyone with size and length on the bench this season

[quote=“Ben H, post:12, topic:29978”][quote=“truninersfan, post:11, topic:29978”][quote=“2k, post:9, topic:29978”]Charlotte -2 as of now.

take Furman[/quote]

This has to be based off our previous success, which I’ll take as flattery. Hopefully we can get back to that level. CUSA seems like a dead end. I would love to make it to the American.[/quote]
Vegas does not use subjectivity of past. Home court worth 3 or 7, I forget. So neutral site they are favored or a better team straight up.

Interesting, we have 222nd worst home court advtg since 2000. (2.7)
http://www.predictionmachine.com/college-basketball-homecourt-advantage

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:15, topic:29978”][quote=“Ben H, post:12, topic:29978”][quote=“truninersfan, post:11, topic:29978”][quote=“2k, post:9, topic:29978”]Charlotte -2 as of now.

take Furman[/quote]

This has to be based off our previous success, which I’ll take as flattery. Hopefully we can get back to that level. CUSA seems like a dead end. I would love to make it to the American.[/quote]
Vegas does not use subjectivity of past. Home court worth 3 or 7, I forget. So neutral site they are favored or a better team straight up.

http://www.predictionmachine.com/college-basketball-homecourt-advantage[/quote]

That’s really sad. I always thought Halton was a very difficult place to play. Or at least until about 5 years ago.

[quote=“Ben H, post:16, topic:29978”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:15, topic:29978”][quote=“Ben H, post:12, topic:29978”][quote=“truninersfan, post:11, topic:29978”][quote=“2k, post:9, topic:29978”]Charlotte -2 as of now.

take Furman[/quote]

http://www.predictionmachine.com/college-basketball-homecourt-advantage[/quote]

That’s really sad. I always thought Halton was a very difficult place to play. Or at least until about 5 years ago.[/quote]

Huggins once said it was the worst place to play. Vitale said it was the loudest arena he had been in. And then years later… clap clap clap.

Ever since we left the old CUSA. It’s been 10 years. Long time.

The student section’s orientation certainly didn’t hurt when we were good. There was no getting away from that wall of sound.

I actually prefer the students where they were.