Future Football Schedules

We started the first series in Charlotte in 18 and in Boone in 19. That was the first deal.
We start the second series, 7 years later, starts in Boone probably because first started in Charlotte. The covid game got added during the summer of 20 with schedules all over the place and we both needed games. That is technically the third H/H series (20/30) scheduled. We played that perfectly, gave them the 20 home game with no crowd and no gate and get a home game with a full crowd and big gate that got added to the end of the second series in 2030. Even smarter when you figure stadium will be expanded by then.

Have to look at the timing of each series being signed and circumstances.

4 Likes

Yup it seems like weā€™re getting screwed at first glance but once you start adding it up we actually got the better deal.

3 Likes

Yeah App is going to be saying the same thing at the end of currently signed series.

Why are we playing at Charlotte 3 outta 4 years?

Yeah, but we put ourselves in a hole in the series.

Iā€™ll stick up for Uville here and say that there was no such excuse for Judy allowing Davidson to strong arm us into not returning home games / playing back to back games up there.

3 out of 4 at App is still 3 out of 4, and during our formative years. I get what you are saying NWA, but timing matters in more than one respect.

17 posts were split to a new topic: App State obsession thread

No it wont. It is 8 games total.

As far as putting us in a hole in the series - that was going to happen if we played them at all in our formative years. If we wanted to avoid that we should not have played them until we had a decade under our belts at the FBS level. I mean we had walkons from our first team still playing when we played them in 18. I will happily trade out our CUSA years against them for an extra year against them in AAC land. Mike didnā€™t get strong armed here and played like Judy did. He made a very smart decision. The 2020 season ended up being a wash anyway.

18 Charlotte
19 App
20 App
26 App
27 Charlotte
28 App
29 Charlotte
30 Charlotte

If our goal is to make a bowl game then we need to think about how we schedule. W&M has a history of beating FBS teams so Iā€™m not sure why we scheduled them. We also just signed a home/home with JMU. That is a program on the rise and I donā€™t see the upside of playing them. We havenā€™t established ourselves as a winning program yet. You need to be a little more strategic in how you schedule including not loading up on a bunch of SEC bodybag games just so Mike Hill can go see his old buddies.

Those one off away SEC and big P5 games help fund the AD. The Home and Homes drive ticket sales.

I do agree though we need to be careful with some of those games. If you are going to pay an FCS squad letā€™s make sure its one we will curb stomp.

W&M hadnā€™t won a FBS game since 2009. Also, we ā€œSHOULDā€ be able to beat any FCS team regardless of who they are but that apparently isnā€™t in our DNA.

5 Likes

Ummm, who exactly would that be???

W&M isnā€™t the Missouri Valley conference where all teams are good. W&M should be a w. The only way to get a guaranteed win would be non scholarship FCS pioneer league. But hell, I donā€™t have much faith to beat them by 40

1 Like

The schedule is one thing our AD has gotten right. Thereā€™s the potential for some magical moments at home in upcoming years, weā€™ve got to get better though to have a chance to capitalize.

1 Like

We should have scheduled Davidson.

See that the Pioneer fav Cats lost yesterday to future C-USA member Jax State 35-17.

Jax St would probably be a slight favorite over W&M on a neutral field.

FWIW, Athlon and CBS had W&M in their respective preseason FCS top 25 polls, so some thought Tribe capable of making some noise this season.

As far as Jax State, off to a good start (2-0) under new coach Rich Rodriguez.

Sounds like we should play them. Probably wouldnā€™t be the complete destruction that I thought it would be.

Does anyone think they would actually play us in football? Ever?

From what I heard we tried to schedule Davidson in football in our first few seasons and they werenā€™t interested in playing us.

Future Football Schedule: DII South Atlantic Conference.