Future Football Schedules

[quote=“Tintin, post:300, topic:28863”][quote=“Aggiedecks, post:294, topic:28863”]2017
09/02 - at Eastern Michigan
09/09 - Georgia State
09/16 - NC A&T
09/23 - at Kansas State
8 C-USA Games

Any chance you guys will consider moving the A&T game to a larger venue such as Memorial Stadium? We’d easily bring 12,000 - 15,000 fans.[/quote]

Come on Aggie. You only averaged 14500 at Aggie stadium last season and that includes a homecoming sellout. Y’all didn’t travel to Elon last year. Why do you think you’d bring 15000 to Charlotte?[/quote]

Can’t go by our home average. In cities where we have large alumni bases we tend to show up in decent numbers as a road team, especially if we have a good team and are playing an attractive opponent. I think all of those elements would be present for this game.
*In 2000 we played SC State at BOA Stadium with a crowd of somewhere between 30,000 - 34,000. At least half those in attendance were Aggies. * In 2013 we met SC State in the GA Dome and had 34,000 in attendance. Again I’d estimate we had at least 15,000 Aggies in attendance. * In 2003 we played Wake Forest in WS. Of the 27,800 in attendance I’d conservatively estimate 12k were Aggies.
Lastly, in the 2010 WNIT, A&T vs Charlotte in Halton Arena we outnumbered your fans by a 2-1 margin. I know that wasn’t football but still an example of how our folks will show up for a perceived big game on the road. Playing an fbs team in Charlotte will be a big deal for us.

[quote=“Aggiedecks, post:301, topic:28863”][quote=“Tintin, post:300, topic:28863”][quote=“Aggiedecks, post:294, topic:28863”]2017
09/09 - Georgia State
09/16 - NC A&T
09/23 - at Kansas State
8 C-USA Games

Any chance you guys will consider moving the A&T game to a larger venue such as Memorial Stadium? We’d easily bring 12,000 - 15,000 fans.[/quote]

Come on Aggie. You only averaged 14500 at Aggie stadium last season and that includes a homecoming sellout. Y’all didn’t travel to Elon last year. Why do you think you’d bring 15000 to Charlotte?[/quote]

Can’t go by our home average. In cities where we have large alumni bases we tend to show up in decent numbers as a road team, especially if we have a good team and are playing an attractive opponent. I think all of those elements would be present for this game.
*In 2000 we played SC State at BOA Stadium with a crowd of somewhere between 30,000 - 34,000. At least half those in attendance were Aggies. * In 2013 we met SC State in the GA Dome and had 34,000 in attendance. Again I’d estimate we had at least 15,000 Aggies in attendance. * In 2003 we played Wake Forest in WS. Of the 27,800 in attendance I’d conservatively estimate 12k were Aggies.
Lastly, in the 2010 WNIT, A&T vs Charlotte in Halton Arena we outnumbered your fans by a 2-1 margin. I know that wasn’t football but still an example of how our folks will show up for a perceived big game on the road. Playing an fbs team in Charlotte will be a big deal for us.
[/quote]

Thats nice - enjoy The Rich because thats where this game is being played. Good luck with finding tickets, hard to know what our ticket demand will be this year given all of the new variables.

[quote=“Aggiedecks, post:301, topic:28863”][quote=“Tintin, post:300, topic:28863”][quote=“Aggiedecks, post:294, topic:28863”]2017
09/09 - Georgia State
09/16 - NC A&T
09/23 - at Kansas State
8 C-USA Games

Lastly, in the 2010 WNIT, A&T vs Charlotte in Halton Arena we outnumbered your fans by a 2-1 margin. I know that wasn’t football but still an example of how our folks will show up for a perceived big game on the road. Playing an fbs team in Charlotte will be a big deal for us.[/quote]Impressive numbers.

It will absolutely be played at Richardson Stadium though. Maybe it will be expanded by then, but we don’t know.

If you guys really bring crowds like that, it’ll be a tough ticket for anyone to get if they don’t have a season ticket with a stadium capacity of 16,600.

That is another compelling argument to expand the stadium. We tend to think only of getting the big boy teams in the Rich. But even if an opponent like A&T only brings in 5k - 7.5k, that’s demand we cannot fulfill at current capacity.

So maybe the expansion strategy is to balance higher profile games and local draw OOC games while we build our season ticket base.

I still do think the AD is waiting to see what kind of demand CUSA games draw this season, especially opponents like Marshall and So Miss, and next year ODU.

I think they’ll want a full 2 year CUSA rotation before they make an expansion decision. But I also hope it can be constructed in the offseason prior to year 3.

Personally, I’d love to see us try to have one of the NC/SC HBCU programs on the home schedule every year if we are always going to have an FCS game. They have pretty loyal followings and would bring a good crowd.

I liked the NCCU game. They brought a nice crowd and their fans were great.

Definitely a better opponent for attendance than a team like Presbyterian who might bring a few hundred fans.

[quote=“Niner National, post:303, topic:28863”][quote=“Aggiedecks, post:301, topic:28863”][quote=“Tintin, post:300, topic:28863”][quote=“Aggiedecks, post:294, topic:28863”]2017
09/09 - Georgia State
09/16 - NC A&T
09/23 - at Kansas State
8 C-USA Games

Lastly, in the 2010 WNIT, A&T vs Charlotte in Halton Arena we outnumbered your fans by a 2-1 margin. I know that wasn’t football but still an example of how our folks will show up for a perceived big game on the road. Playing an fbs team in Charlotte will be a big deal for us.[/quote]Impressive numbers.

It will absolutely be played at Richardson Stadium though. Maybe it will be expanded by then, but we don’t know.

If you guys really bring crowds like that, it’ll be a tough ticket for anyone to get if they don’t have a season ticket with a stadium capacity of 16,600.[/quote]

I’m flattered that a&t would consider us such a prime opponent to see since we have done nothing to earn such admiration. Maybe it’s the short drive to the big city/parties/nightlife/etc. that’s really the draw. ;D

Big announcement coming. How big? Well you can count on Apple State having a thread about it and Gonzo throwing a tantrum.

When ?

[quote=“Nugget, post:307, topic:28863”]Big announcement coming. How big? Well you can count on Apple State having a thread about it and Gonzo throwing a tantrum.[/quote]I hope it is ncsu home and home or an sec team at boa

I’d rather it be expansion related than a game being scheduled.

[quote=“moss2k, post:310, topic:28863”]I’d rather it be expansion related than a game being scheduled.[/quote]yeah me too but just figured since it was a thread about schedules that it would be about a game

[quote=“Niner National, post:311, topic:28863”][quote=“moss2k, post:310, topic:28863”]I’d rather it be expansion related than a game being scheduled.[/quote]yeah me too but just figured since it was a thread about schedules that it would be about a game[/quote]That’s true, didn’t pay attention to thread title.

Prediction time: Chapass Hole, since we came close once before.

[quote=“49er1, post:306, topic:28863”][quote=“Niner National, post:303, topic:28863”][quote=“Aggiedecks, post:301, topic:28863”][quote=“Tintin, post:300, topic:28863”][quote=“Aggiedecks, post:294, topic:28863”]2017
09/09 - Georgia State
09/16 - NC A&T
09/23 - at Kansas State
8 C-USA Games

If you guys really bring crowds like that, it’ll be a tough ticket for anyone to get if they don’t have a season ticket with a stadium capacity of 16,600.[/quote]

I’m flattered that a&t would consider us such a prime opponent to see since we have done nothing to earn such admiration. Maybe it’s the short drive to the big city/parties/nightlife/etc. that’s really the draw. ;D[/quote]

A & T didn’t send 3000 fans to Elons last year. We are not a rival to them SC St. A & T fans travel to a party and that won’t be the app osprey we we play them other than a usual FCS warmup game. They won’t bring 15,000 fans.

[quote=“Tintin, post:314, topic:28863”][quote=“49er1, post:306, topic:28863”][quote=“Niner National, post:303, topic:28863”][quote=“Aggiedecks, post:301, topic:28863”][quote=“Tintin, post:300, topic:28863”][quote=“Aggiedecks, post:294, topic:28863”]2017
09/09 - Georgia State
09/16 - NC A&T
09/23 - at Kansas State
8 C-USA Games

I’m flattered that a&t would consider us such a prime opponent to see since we have done nothing to earn such admiration. Maybe it’s the short drive to the big city/parties/nightlife/etc. that’s really the draw. ;D[/quote]

A & T didn’t send 3000 fans to Elons last year. We are not a rival to them SC St. A & T fans travel to a party and that won’t be the app osprey we we play them other than a usual FCS warmup game. They won’t bring 15,000 fans.[/quote]

How many years do we have them on our schedule? One?

If I were buying a house and needed to furnish it and the following were equal, what would I be buying:

SEC = couch
ACC = bed
B10 = desk
ECU = used sheets
App State = used condom

When is it going to drop?

clt predicts alabama at the rich.

If I were buying a house and needed to furnish it and the following were equal, what would I be buying:

SEC = couch
ACC = bed
B10 = desk
ECU = used sheets
App State = used condom[/quote]

Did anybody understand this? ???

SEC = couch
ACC = bed
B10 = desk
ECU = used sheets
App State = used condom[/quote]

Did anybody understand this? ???[/quote]

My backwards way of asking for a hint.