Ga State @ Charlotte 9/26/20 Noon ESPNU

We are doing this argument again, really?

Those are not communicable diseases.

Thatā€™s why they have helmets and drink waterā€¦

Like i said - I get it in the current climate - just crazy that we play a sport that presents more danger to these kids as individuals than covid does.

2 Likes

And yet CTE remains a huge issue. And players die from one or the other almost every year.

I gets that itā€™s communicable NA. My point is that the likelihood of a player catching COVID and dying from COVID is as about as likely as dying from the heat exhaustion or a head injury. When you factor in other pitfalls of football (paralysis, head injuries, CTE) the sport itself is much more dangerous than the disease. So, logically it doesnā€™t make sense to me.

1 Like

Thinking we dodged a bullet here boys

another silver lining!

Hate that our younger guys are missing out on some reps early on this season to get up to speed for conference play.

1 Like

Not to be shitty, but at this point I almost think itā€™s overly optimistic to assume weā€™ll have our full schedule of conference play.

4 Likes

Yikes. We did dodge a bullet.

1 Like

Wow didnā€™t have any idea weā€™d be missing that many.

Yeah, Iā€™m not thrilled at the idea of an injured Reynolds back there against a make shift O-line. This sucks short term, but hopefully we get more guys healthy and it pays off long term.

2 Likes

So if we were missing 30 & still planning to play how many was Ga State missing if they had to cancel. Maybe we need to just plan on playing thru until spring & have bowl games in March or April. By then everyone may be able to get in enough games to make up a full season. Iā€™m partially kidding about that but at this rate we will be lucky to play 3 or 4 games before January.

Georgia high school football is playing tonight. No contact tracing in high school.

Illogical we arenā€™t playing

1 Like

Regardless of anybodyā€™s thoughts on the biology/virology/epidemiology at play here, it sounds like we were going to be down almost 30 guys. Itā€™s hard to beat anyone like that.

I know we were going to play anyway, but I am glad we are going to go into conference play mitigating our risk of losing more guys.

We agreed to these rules, and we have to follow them, even if we donā€™t like them.

The fact it was cancelled less than 24 hours before game time makes me think this may have been a mutual decision.

3 Likes

Ga State cancelled out of an abundance of caution. Didnā€™t say they didnā€™t have enough players.

Since there is zero common sense in any of these mandates one has to wonder where , who, and when these decisions became the law of the land. As others have stated thereā€™s more chances of death and disabilities from many things other than covid. Connect the dots people, itā€™s all political. Thereā€™s gonna be much greater harm mentally and physically than any . 0009 % mortality rate of covid. Iā€™m still bewildered by media playing up how many cases tested positive and never report that nearly all of them get just mild or moderate symptoms and 99.00ā€¦% recover just fine. We should ask ourselves why? Itā€™s very clear to me.

4 Likes

completely agree. At some time we have to say it is what it is, Kids get sick and keep moving forward. Fluā€™s are normal . Test them to see what strain flu it is. Everyone needs to calm down. Thanks for showing the % 's

elvis out

2 Likes

This was suppose to be a home and home four game series with Georgia State. It has now turned into a 2 for 1 for Georgia State. We travel to Georgia State the next two years and host them in 2023. Iā€™m guessing we will pick up another home game some where down the road from the Panthers.