Game Thoughts

[QUOTE=49erFan1;137526]Thats awesome.[/QUOTE]

So the word bullsh*t is offensive to you but chanting about lynching 3 officials is OK?

Look I think the BS chant is stupid, however Iā€™m just not that uptight that it makes me want to condem it on a message board.

Your too young to be so uptight.

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;137541]To second NAā€™s assesment.

To those who could not wait to see Plavich gone and for us to get away from the 3 point shot - your wish has come true.

We may be lucky to hit 3 or 4 3 pointers a game. We need an outside threat to keep the middle open.

Where was this defense you guys are talking about? Their guards penetrated to the paint all night. They missed alot of 10-12 footers and had nobody with any size to dish to.

I know it was an exhibition and I am glad to see the depth, but we did not have any flow to our offense. I am sure this will get better with a regular rotation.[/QUOTE]

Here we go again. We donā€™t need a guy that canā€™t play defense taking 30ā€™ shots 5 seconds into the shot clock. I will never wish to have Plavich back.

We just need a guy that can hit a few perimeter shots from 20ā€™ in the flow of the offense.

I think DA and Marcus will fill that roll just fine and, BTW, they may just guard someone along the way.

iā€™ve never actually said those chants out loud. The pep band made it up last year when we got pissed at a game.

EJ needs a game transplant. Or the realization that heā€™s not a wing forward. Ever.
Lewis impressed me. You guys mentioned why.

Curtis did as he should against a bunch of midgets.

Iā€™m pretty irritated at what I saw tonight overall. With Bennett Iā€™m not worried, but now Iā€™m highly worried about our chances in the BCA. Lutz Live Thursday should be interesting.

i think we will be fine. our first actual competition will be this weekend against U of South Carolina. We have a scrimmage against them. So that will help get us prepared for the BCA competition.

The BS chant is a part of sports, somewhat overused I must admit. But if we are trying to make everything G rated, should we take cheerleaders and dance team off of the floor, perhaps make the players wear long sleeves? Lets be serious now.

how much would one of those sound barrier things cost and what is your point you want us to chant sexual references in front of your kids just not the bull#################### word

Ahhhhhhā€¦can always tell when the offseason when the infighting beginsā€¦lol.

For those offended by some of the chants, please keep in mind that weā€™re talking about not only kids maybe hearing the chants but that KIDS are chanting them. Theyā€™re college students and doing nothing the rest of us didnā€™t do. I donā€™t care for the profanity chants at this point in my life either but itā€™s part of sports and happens every where.

Attendance was pretty good I thought, considering it was an exhibition. Iā€™ve been to several preseason games before where there werenā€™t half that number of people. I just hope we take care of business in a couple weeks so that Halton is full for Miss. State.

As for the game itself, I didnā€™t mind the sloppiness and poor play of the first half. It was the first semi-real game these guys have played. But with that said, we damn well better be glad it was Pfeiffer last night and not any team worth a lick or weā€™d be 0-1 likely. The free throw shooting is gonna haunt us forever I guess. But we have a tendency to struggle early on with FT% but it usually improves as the season goes along. Just sucks not having a dependable FT shooter to lean on during clutch situations.

It was VERY strange not seeing Plavich come down the court and fire up a 30 footer. As much as I pulled my hair out when we would do that at times, I missed him last night. Based on last night, we simply do NOT have someone that can shoot us back into a game like he could. I hope we find out outside shot and find it soon.

Oh wellā€¦it was Pfeiffer and it was ugly. What more can you say? Personally, I wonā€™t really settle for anything other than coming home undefeated from the BCA.

[QUOTE=49erpi;137542]So the word bullsh*t is offensive to you but chanting about lynching 3 officials is OK?

Look I think the BS chant is stupid, however Iā€™m just not that uptight that it makes me want to condem it on a message board.

Your too young to be so uptight.[/QUOTE]

To me its subtle and thats why I like it. Besides I donā€™t think anyone takes it as a serious threat (although I wouldnā€™t have minded seeing those refs take more heat last night). A creative way to express yourself.

[QUOTE=49erpi;137544]Here we go again. We donā€™t need a guy that canā€™t play defense taking 30ā€™ shots 5 seconds into the shot clock. I will never wish to have Plavich back.

We just need a guy that can hit a few perimeter shots from 20ā€™ in the flow of the offense.

I think DA and Marcus will fill that roll just fine and, BTW, they may just guard someone along the way.[/QUOTE]

Last night defensively you would have thought Plav was on the floor. Everyone of their guards beat our guards to the basket.

Atleast with Plav we would get outside shooting with the poor defense.

All in all I am excited about this team based on last night. Doesnā€™t look like the guys are comfortable playing with each other yet, but that will work itself out once Bobby establishes rotations and the guys that had missed practice time get used to each other.

[QUOTE=beasley25;137522]which one of the seven alumni had the sad look on his face?[/QUOTE]

Get over yourself. Alumni had a decent turnout for an EXHIBITION game on a week night. The upper levels were not full so a lot of alumni were scattered throughout the building, not just in the 2 alumni sections.

Iā€™ve always been partial to ā€œThe ref beats his wife!ā€

For the most part I agree with what has been said so far. Lots of stuff to work onā€¦ FT shooting, passing, turnovers, making some shots outside of 8 feet, finding some consistent offense from someone other than Withers. Most of all we need to find lineups that play well together and build some chemistry. We blew way too many opportunities for easy baskets because the players werenā€™t on the same page. That will come with time, but weā€™ve only got a week and a half before the season starts.

There were some positives though. Most of the new guys looked pretty talented. Although he had a tough shooting night, I like the hustle from DeAngelo. Coleman also ran the floor pretty well for a big man but needs to work on defense without fouling.

After watching us struggle last night, we all know that we have the potential to lose any game on the schedule. I think it will be important for this team to get started on the right foot (by going 3-0 in the BCA) because that will set the tone and build our confidence for the rest of the season.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;137546]iā€™ve never actually said those chants out loud. The pep band made it up last year when we got pissed at a game.[/QUOTE]

You people arenā€™t that clever, that chant is as old as you are.

Not much to say that hasnā€™t already been said.

Sloppy game but itā€™s the first time theyā€™ve played against someone else so I didnā€™t expect perfection.

FT shooting is horrible as usual. Iā€™ll never understand how we could be so awful at shoot FTā€™s.

As has been said, Curt did what he should have. Heā€™s going to be great.

I think DA and Bennett will give us the outside shot we need along with Lee. DA hits alot of the shots he missed last night with a few games under his belt. He was off all last year donā€™t forget.

Iā€™m not taking too much from this game other than FT shooting. Iā€™ll think weā€™ll find our stride at the BCA.

As long as we keep shooting FT like that, opponents can rotate in the goons to constantly foul, control tempo, and take us out of our game as a credible defense. We left 20 easy points on the floor and Pheifer just couldnā€™t score enough points of their own to make it work.

BTW, somebody tell our PA guy that #15 is not [I]Diego[/I] Alexander.

Maybe if he hits a fewā€¦

ATROCIOUSā€¦is how Lutz described it in his postgame comments. First half was terrrible and we improved slightly in the second.

Postgame press conf audio: http://sports.yahoo.com/top/collegebroadcast/teams/nad

(Is there a http: feature here)

I liked Jamison and saw potential in Coleman and Williams. 1-14 from three is a problem. I think Bennett will cure some of that. Iā€™d prefer no head bands and jerseys that fit. Sloppy look and sloppy play. Yeah, Iā€™m getting old. (Where are emoticons?)

BTW, somebody tell our PA guy that #15 is not [I]Diego[/I] Alexander.

Maybe if he hits a fewā€¦

I thought I was having deja vuā€¦ Definitely need to correct that one

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;137579]BTW, somebody tell our PA guy that #15 is not [I]Diego[/I] Alexander.

Maybe if he hits a fewā€¦[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn I heard him say ā€œLeemire Goldwaterā€ tooā€¦ Bring HIH back!