Gardner-Webb @ Charlotte 11/14 - cancelled

Just shut the whole dam thing down until we can snort vaccineā€¦this is friggin absurd

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m pretty much done. Frustrated. But Iā€™ll bet we go to marshall next week and get waxed. How convenient we get to play the games we probably wonā€™t win and canā€™t play those we probably would. Frustrating.

1 Like

You do realize this week itā€™s on GW right

1 Like

Problem solved

Ugh I wasnā€™t going to be the bearer of bad news this week

Good news is Iā€™ve yet to hear of an incident where an active college football player has been seriously ill, hospitalized, or passed away from the virus.

1 Like

New York Post : Scientist behind Pfizerā€™s COVID-19 vaccine makes bold claim: It can stop pandemic.

1 Like

So CEO of company with potential vaccine that would make him insane amounts claims his solution will end pandemic. Itā€™s almost as if making money is his priority.

Thatā€™s a very fair point. Maybe as some mitigation - heā€™s already a multi billionaire. None of these big pharma guys is at all likeable. Also, I will admit I forget the details, but I thought they were giving this thing away for free?

Was kinda hoping the boast would lift spirits though. We are all so sick of this thing. Just maybe he is right. The biggest challenge will be getting enough people to take the 90% vaccine to bring herd immunity to 75%. If we can do that, this crap should end.

1 Like

Yup I have no desire to be in the first second or third round of offerings of this thing. Iā€™ll get it at some point but not anywhere near front of the line.

Charlotte has taken the stance that they are going to approach this year with ā€œan abundance of cautionā€. If that is your stance coupled with the furloughs, the scheduling of this game made no sense. This was the likely outcome the moment it was scheduled.

1 Like

Supposedly pharma companies donā€™t usually make much off vaccines, which is one reason we donā€™t have more of them. The publicity is likely to help them though.

Maybe true but even not much is likely a lot.

The first few waves of the vaccine will go to healthcare workers, the elderly, and highly vulnerable people after that Iā€™m getting the vaccine. Life will always be a little different after this but Iā€™m ready to get back to as much normalcy as possible. Everything has risks getting a vaccine or not getting a vaccine.

3 Likes

90-95% effective vaccine will not end social distancing requirements per Fauci. Some states will push back against this, NC will not. Iā€™m normally an optimist but at this point think weā€™ll be at extremely limited or no attendance next year. Hope Iā€™m wrong.

Given how uneven and random coopers rules have been Iā€™m inclined to agree.

CNBC: Moderna says preliminary trial data shows its coronavirus vaccine is more than 94% effective, shares soar.

Great news. Better than nothing. I am seeing reports that there are some side effects that are ā€œflu-likeā€. Guess thatā€™s better than dying.