Georgia State Away Game 11-27-19 2:00 Tip

Way too many TOs. Just careless with the ball.

Yes and it’s not just Shepherd.

Terrible. I thought this was supposed to be a good defensive team.

Dude, you are the most negative person ever. What can you do about contested 30 footers. You people on this board are so schizo

The one that got away…ugh!

Gotta get better!

I feel like we were fortunate to somehow make it the game we did. Without the scoreboard, you wouldn’t think it was that close after all the 3’s they made and turnovers they got.

I didn’t expect to win this one, but I think we improved our road performance over what we’ve seen in our other road games. Down 10, then a huge run, and then held on to send it to overtime. That’s actually progress from JMU and App St.

2 Likes

So before the season, it was “I don’t see how we get to 15 wins”, “I see us winning 12-15…” Even after the davidson and wake forest games we were saying we’re on the right track but there are gonna be wtf losses this season and now after 2 losses(of which we weren’t favored in either) and now its “sanchez can’t coach” “we stink” you guys set your expectations and after 5 games we flipped from happy to we stink. Most on this board said said healy stunk 5 weeks ago. Guys, we are on the right track but a young team learning will have bumps.

5 Likes

Am I missing something? Do I have the negative Nancy’s muted? I’m not seeing anyone sounding all that bad about Sanchez.

i see people saying he’s a bust, or oru defesne was bad. our defense was okay today. not great but not the reason we lost, same as app game.

You must be referencing the shout box. I tend to avoid that schizo inducing chat.

1 Like

Clearly missed a convo in the shout box. We have a few that think the sky is falling and that we’re back to Price and Major ball. Clearly that’s not the case, just a bunch of young guys and a couple of lucky threes.

EKaItr2WsAMK-vv

Positives:

–Edwards career-high 24 pts

–Martin 15 pts

–Bamba 14 pts, 10 rebs and 4 blocks

–Above trio were 20-27 FGs (4-7 on 3s)

Negatives:

–19 turnovers

–5-22 on 3s

– Bench 7 pts on 3-11 FGs (0-7 on 3s)

–Supica 0 pts/rebs in only 5 minutes played

The negatives tell the tale. Putrid. Not going to beat anybody with those type stats.

sanchez better be stressing taking care of the ball. 19 to’s is inexcusable. so many of them were not forced or barely forced. he needs to tell vasic and bertram to man up and hit wide open 3’s. we need them and 1-12 from them is not gonna work.

2 Likes

I hear ya, but I don’t think 19 turnovers was just us playing sloppy. Ga St had the most aggressive defensive style we’ve seen this season with some hella-crazy active hands on D. Their style sped us up and made our Princeton style O a liability.

Supica hardly played at all.

I merely critized what I saw. Be real!

we had our opportunity to win in regulation. There were some stupid ass turnovers. And ga st added salt by coming down and hitting 3s.

Can these players play smart fundamental basketball?

Shepherd didn’t do anything in the 1st half, he might as well have rested on the bench.

Young and Vasic missed so many open looks.

Hopefully the team looks better in Sanchez’s year 3. It comes back to the way we lose as being what frustrates me. Turnovers, bad shots at the shot clock buzzer, players in the game missing shots that other players even on the bench maybe have a better chance at making. The bright spots today were graduate transfers. Does sanchez have more transfers lined up for next year. Are we counting on Supica and Vasic to handle the middle next year?

Not sure if we’re counting on Supica to handle the middle THIS year.

Lets not give up on the season .
Young team, alot of newcomers and its early.
We’ll come together and get on a roll !