Georgia State Away Game 11-27-19 2:00 Tip

I will be the first to make this prediction. This team, that is currently 2-3, will be 8-3 after the next 6 games.

3 Likes

The Good
Bamba - 100% on field goals, Double Double, 4 blocks, only 1 TO.
Martin - 71% 2pt fgs, 2 blocks, 0 TOs
Edwards - 70% fg / 75% 3pt, 7-7 FTs, UGLY (4 TOs)

The Bad
Shepherd - 9 points and 6 TOs, less than 1 A/T ratio
Young - 9 points, but 3 for 12 fgs. 1 A/T ratio

The Ugly
The bench
*Supica is soft. Had 5 minutes and his minutes stat is the only reason he had stats
*Vasic plays out of position because of Supica. 1 for 6 in 14 minutes.
*Robb had 2 TOs in 11 minutes. He did get 3 steals so a little bright spot there.
*Younger needs more PT. He needs to practice better I am assuming.
*Williams is struggling on defense. 1 for 3 with 1 TO in 6 minutes.

Guys need to start stepping up to relieve the starters of minutes. Young Martin, Shepherd and Edwards played all but 18 minutes at their positions. That is out of 180 possible minutes. We are in a mini stretch of games close together. They can’t keep this up through conference games or we will continue to struggle.

Very real chance of this. We haven’t been favored in any game this season so far, but are favored in 5 out of the next 6. UNCW, the only team favored and on the road, is the game I won’t be surprised to see us lose.

But yes, even at 7-4 to end non conference would have been something most of us would have gladly signed up for before the season started.

Told my son after today’s game that the team could run the table through the remainder of the OOC sked. I’ll even say we win our first three C-USA games - all at Halton - too!

1 Like

clt says we covered

We are shooting a combined 27% on three pointers on the season. The worst offenders are Vasic at 1-10 and Bertram at 0-7.

To finish above .500, we will need to up that percentage to at least 33%.

1 Like