Georgia State Post Game Thread

what was Leemires rank coming out of high school?

we are going to lose a s**t load of games this year and we may end the season sub .500.
I am not impressed with this team, but I will still love them because they’re NINERS.

what was Leemires rank coming out of high school?
I wish I knew all that stuff. This is what I found from scout.com: [URL=http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=428&p=8&c=1&nid=915845]http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=428&p=8&c=1&nid=915845[/URL]

I wouldn’t know anywhere else to look tho.

[QUOTE=49er1;201606]we are going to lose a s**t load of games this year and we may end the season sub .500.
I am not impressed with this team, but I will still love them because they’re NINERS.[/QUOTE]
Ditto…but it could get ugly

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;201605]what was Leemires rank coming out of high school?[/QUOTE]

He was never ranked, but did get the honor of the Florida 5A POY

[QUOTE=49er1;201606]we are going to lose a s**t load of games this year and we may end the season sub .500. IF DA decides to BALL HOG all season, and shoot constested threes
I am not impressed with this team, but I will still love them because they’re NINERS.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

There’s nothing wrong with this team. They’re doing fine! Let’s support the Niners! Go Niners! GO GO GO!

There's nothing wrong with this team. They're doing fine! Let's support the Niners! Go Niners! GO GO GO!

I like the way you think! :shades:

[QUOTE=Green Tinted Glasses;201638]I like the way you think! :shades:[/QUOTE]

:lmao: I like your name :lmao:

I like the way you think! :shades:
I'm sorry to say but I think that was major sarcasm on his part.

[QUOTE=49or bust;201642]I’m sorry to say but I think that was major sarcasm on his part.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Sherlock. :biggrin:

My $0.02 (and some of it may be a repeat)

We looked okay in spurts and bad in spurts. I like DA and am not trying to badmouth him but we played better team ball tonight when he was not in. He can be a great player and leader for us but he has to learn that when he’s having an off night on offense that he needs to get his teammates involved. I also think he could step up on D some as well but he is doing a great job on the boards. He can be the leader we were missing last year but needs to let the game come to him (as others have said).

Ian played well on offense but needs to work on his D. He seems to get burned when leaving his man to help out and is not quick enough to get back in time. He looks good though and you’ve gotta love his hustle. Defenses will learn you cannot leave this kid open.

Dewhurst has great hustle and I hope to see him leading more fast breaks!! Great no-look to Ian for the layup. I love how he’s not scared to take it to the rim, hope he finishes a little stronger. I am looking forward to watching him posterize somebody in the upcoming years.

Courtney played like a man, good defensive presence and great boardwork. One thing that he adds over Coleman is that he has a shotblocking presence. Even if he’s not blocking shots he’s gonna alter some. I hope this is the start of great things for him. I also heard on the radio that he tied a career high 6 pts.

Drayton was huge. Great offensive effort and was everywhere on D. My wife at one point yelled “Drayton can’t do it all!!”.

Lee - He seems to have a lot of “quiet” games, and this was one of them. Had an off-night on offense but still found ways to contribute. What I love is that he didn’t force his shot tonight (1-5). He spent a lot of time at PG I thought, hopefully he’ll really be able to shine as soon as Carlos is able to play more.

Carlos looked good, I love having a PG that can slash and score!! If DA and Lee have good nights he’d have more than 2 assists.

Jerell Lewis - glad he got a couple min of PT. Didn’t do a whole lot with it. He couldn’t keep up on defense - 2 fouls in 3 min?

Booker got some PT in the first half, I don’t think he played in the second. That 3 he hit was big.

Ga State did a good job of making us beat them in the post (and we didn’t help ourselves). Glad we were able to do it.

[QUOTE=forDniner;201652]My $0.02 (and some of it may be a repeat)

We looked okay in spurts and bad in spurts. I like DA and am not trying to badmouth him but we played better team ball tonight when he was not in. He can be a great player and leader for us but he has to learn that when he’s having an off night on offense that he needs to get his teammates involved. I also think he could step up on D some as well but he is doing a great job on the boards. He can be the leader we were missing last year but needs to let the game come to him (as others have said).

Ian played well on offense but needs to work on his D. He seems to get burned when leaving his man to help out and is not quick enough to get back in time. He looks good though and you’ve gotta love his hustle. Defenses will learn you cannot leave this kid open.

Dewhurst has great hustle and I hope to see him leading more fast breaks!! Great no-look to Ian for the layup. I love how he’s not scared to take it to the rim, hope he finishes a little stronger. I am looking forward to watching him posterize somebody in the upcoming years.

Courtney played like a man, good defensive presence and great boardwork. One thing that he adds over Coleman is that he has a shotblocking presence. Even if he’s not blocking shots he’s gonna alter some. I hope this is the start of great things for him. I also heard on the radio that he tied a career high 6 pts.

Drayton was huge. Great offensive effort and was everywhere on D. My wife at one point yelled “Drayton can’t do it all!!”.

Lee - He seems to have a lot of “quiet” games, and this was one of them. Had an off-night on offense but still found ways to contribute. What I love is that he didn’t force his shot tonight (1-5). He spent a lot of time at PG I thought, hopefully he’ll really be able to shine as soon as Carlos is able to play more.

Carlos looked good, I love having a PG that can slash and score!! If DA and Lee have good nights he’d have more than 2 assists.

Jerell Lewis - glad he got a couple min of PT. Didn’t do a whole lot with it. He couldn’t keep up on defense - 2 fouls in 3 min?

Booker got some PT in the first half, I don’t think he played in the second. That 3 he hit was big.

Ga State did a good job of making us beat them in the post (and we didn’t help ourselves). Glad we were able to do it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you said, but I notice a re-occurring theme. When DA is in the game, the ball doesn’t get worked around, and DA is jacking up a a 3. Last year a lot of C-dubs points came off these rebounds. If DA doesn’t straighten his act up he should be come off the BENCH for a couple of games. I know you guys aren’t going to like the comparison, but Roy Williams did this to McCants when he was trigger happy and not working the ball around.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;201654]
If DA doesn’t straighten his act up he should be come off the BENCH for a couple of games. I know you guys aren’t going to like the comparison, but Roy Williams did this to McCants when he was trigger happy and not working the ball around.
[/QUOTE]

I think it’s a very accurate comparison and I agree with you 100%.

I’m still worried about his D too though. Sometimes he acts like he could care less about playing D.

Overall, a good November game.

We needed a game like this. I knew all along this year that there was going to be kinks to work out before this squad begins to look like a decent team. The Georgia State lesson can be summed up by saying that when the team trusts each other, the team looks great. But once players start to try to do it alone, we look terrible. DA is being singled out but it applies to a lot of players on this team. I was happy with the assists, especially in the first half, and I loved it when we passed the ball 6-7 times to get a nice looking shot off the glass. I think Lutz has ‘seen the light’ and I was glad that he’s starting to send a message on taking selfish threes.

I heard Courney Williams and Coach Lutz in the postgame and they both said quite a bit. Courtney Williams’ family was visiting for Thanksgiving and Courtney toughed out a bad ankle sprain. He had not been practicing due to the injury. His performance was terrific - 6 points, 10 boards. Courtney had injured the same ankle last season and it nagged him all year so when he reinjured his ankle he thought to himself ‘here we go again’. I also like his attitude. When they mentioned the Mississippi State game, he said the team definitely wants redemption for last year. Then his voice kind of trailed off as he repeated “Definitely.” kind of deep in that thought.

Coach Lutz talked about the lack of post players in practice. He spoke of being frustrated when they try to work on other aspects of the game, but when he looks to get a body to stand in the post - Phil’s not there, 'Twon’s back is aching, Courtney’s on crutches and even JJ is out with a hip injury. Also, Lutz wants the win at Miss State and does not want to come away with losses against the next two tough opponents.

One last thing - the bench got opportunities to gain experience and hit some nice shots. I hope they feel good about their play since we’ll need them to step up for the next two opponents.