Get rid of Lutz, please.

This team is so talented, but he has murdered them. The announcers said it themselves - they were “baffled” at us.

I don’t know what the athletic department is thinking. They’d rather have a coach that gets ejected from a game and craps out his most talented team ever, over having Matt Doherty.

Having Lutz ejected reflects terribly on our school. Get rid of him.

Bobby doesn’t shoot. Bobby doesn’t make bad passes. Bobby doesn’t miss box outs. Bobby dosen’t miss free throws.

It’s the team… Or lack there of…

I can’t believe I just bought tickets to Cincy.

[QUOTE=MEGRNiner;151161]Bobby doesn’t shoot. Bobby doesn’t make bad passes. Bobby doesn’t miss box outs. Bobby dosen’t miss free throws.
.[/QUOTE]

Bobby doesn’t coach, Bobby doesn’t make adjustments, Boddy doesn’t know when to not get a technical, Bobby doesn’t know how to bench a PG who has been playing terrible as of late.

HE IS A JOKE

I wish our players had Bobby’s fire instead of playing half-ass and clueless most of the time.

no point guard = no offense

there is not a lot of talent on this team, regardless of what you might think. not having EJ hurts, but not having a true PG hurts more!

I am so embarassed to have lutz as a coach. Talk about the team all you want, but Lutz put this team together and has been coaching them for more the five months. He has done a lousy job recruiting, coaching, and probably most of all, he is a terrible representative of UNCC.

[QUOTE=77niner;151181]He has done a lousy job recruiting, coaching, and probably most of all, he is a terrible representative of UNCC.[/QUOTE]

First off, it is Charlotte, not UNCC.

Second, he is not a bad recruiter

Just like most problems, there is not just one cause. The team has both coaching issues and player performance issues. One of the most telling statements Lutz has made this season was when he made reference to this year’s team not having quite the basketball IQ as some of his past teams. As I have watched this team this year I can see some of what he was talking about. This team continues to make (for lack of a better term) STUPID plays. How can you try to throw the ball to a post player from near the 3 point line, all the way across to the other side of the lane, and expect the ball not to be intercepted by your opponent (and the sad thing is that they did this twice within the same half). How can you playing at the top of a zone defense, around one of your opponents shooters, and time after time you continue to drift too far in the lane leaving the shooters wide open. There are definitely time when I am critical of Lutz (bad or no adjustments, lack of defensive fundamental, no giving Lewis more time, etc.), but it is not all his mistakes.

I agree with you, Icecold. Me and my friends say all the time, this team just doesn’t know how to play basketball. Just fundamental stuff, we don’t get it.

But, what’s going on in practices? What are we teaching them? Are they just that dumb that they can’t learn? And if they are that dumb, why did we recruit them??? I’m out of answers. I just have questions now.

[QUOTE=EJNiner;151177]no point guard = no offense

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, its MUCH deeper than that. I dont think we’ve had a PG since Colson, but we’ve done OK.

And by the way, Richmond didn’t have a PG either. In fact, I think he was a walk on.

[QUOTE=Iron9er;151192] this team just doesn’t know how to play basketball. Just fundamental stuff, we don’t get it.[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right. Can’t pass, don’t set picks, and make tons of mistakes.

We need to switch the lineup up. Get the guys in there that want to play

The team is a direct reflection of the coach. You think mich st or duke players have no basketball IQ???

Our players, this team and this school have outgrown Lutz and his smalltime coaching style. What a freakin waste of talent on this team…

TIME FOR A COACHING CHANGE!!! :ticked:

I have loged on to this site for over a year now and this is the first time I have ever posted a reply. Mainly because I find it humorous how many of you perceive Niner basketball. Having watched Lutz coach for 8 years now, I have noticed one consistent theme year in and year out. LUTZ CAN NOT COACH. For starters we have always lived and died by the three. Unfortunately it has been a slow death. Very rarely have we lived and been succesful by this philosophy. Lets take last years tourny game against State. We were lights out for 20 minutes. The next 20 minutes BP couldnt hit a shot to save his life. We did not change our game plan and go down low to Curtis Withers. We took 3’s 10 seconds into the shot clock. A lot of times it was Curtis taking the three. Which brings me to my next point. Why in the hell is out 6-9 PF who is at time unstoppable down low, shooting threes at will.
Lutz has not control over his team. They are at liberty to shoot 3’s from anywhere on the court and at any position. He allows this because we have no set offense.
We do have talent on this team. Lots of tallent. What we do have is an aweful coach. A terrible coach. So many niner fans jump on the band wagon when were hot, such as last year. But the bottom line is we never play to our potential. We are one and done year in and year out. Im sick of mediocraty. If UNCC is ok with mediocrity then thats fine, lets not ever try and compete with the ACC, Big East and SEC. Lets keep Lutz and be miserable.

[QUOTE=49erWhit;151163]Boddy doesn’t know when to not get a technical[/QUOTE]

If bobby isnt supposed to argue calls for his players who is them so they can get techs and get thrown out hurting an already struggling team even more

Just like most problems, there is not just one cause. The team has both coaching issues and player performance issues.

Sums it up.

Those who think it is just the coach’s fault fail to see that the coach can’t play. Prepare the team, yes, play no. That is why it is part his fault, not all. Coach has to do his part and the team has to do theirs. As I have said in other posts, I think some here overestimate the talent this team has and blame it all on the coach for the talent not surfacing.

Bottom line…this team is unwatchable. I’ve had season tickets for almost 10 years and I’ve seen the .500 ball clubs that were twice the team these guys are. It is embarrasing and completely boring to watch. Something has to change; funny how people were blasted last year about firing Lutz and now it is a lot of people’s feelings (I was on the bandwagon last year of getting rid of him and that certainly hasn’t changed now). He definitely doesn’t teach discipline or fundamentals. Just run wherever you want to on the court, pass the ball a few times, and just shoot whenever you want. Then he can argue with the refs why we’re getting screwed so he can get a technical (or two) so we can have more of a hole to get out of. It definitely starts and ends with Lutz…period.

Our record the last 23 games 11-12. By the way, how is Matt doing in Florida.

Florida Atlantic is 8-3 in A-Sun games.

[QUOTE=49erblh;151207]Bottom line…this team is unwatchable. I’ve had season tickets for almost 10 years and I’ve seen the .500 ball clubs that were twice the team these guys are. It is embarrasing and completely boring to watch. Something has to change; funny how people were blasted last year about firing Lutz and now it is a lot of people’s feelings (I was on the bandwagon last year of getting rid of him and that certainly hasn’t changed now). He definitely doesn’t teach discipline or fundamentals. Just run wherever you want to on the court, pass the ball a few times, and just shoot whenever you want. Then he can argue with the refs why we’re getting screwed so he can get a technical (or two) so we can have more of a hole to get out of. It definitely starts and ends with Lutz…period.[/QUOTE]

Word, 13-16 team would demolish this team.

Alabama game when he got the tech, that was the turning point for me.

He doesn’t care, and neither does the team. They weren’t even upset, they just looked like they wanted the game to be over so they could go home before the first half was over.

[QUOTE=49erWhit;151182]First off, it is Charlotte, not UNCC.

Second, he is not a bad recruiter[/QUOTE]

uh last time I checked it was UNCC and not Charlotte.