Get rid of Lutz, please.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;151454]The one or two idiots who cheer for us to lose on here because they donā€™t like Bobby do make us look bad, all criticism aside. The ones who do it at games are complete a-holes. Theyā€™re probably the same people.

I think thereā€™s a big difference between being critical and showing your rear end.

[/QUOTE]

I sure hope you are not lumping me in as one who wants the Niners to lose. I simply want change and will let my season ticket holder status qualify as a vote for the change I want.

[QUOTE=casstommy;151444]What do you want? A final fourā€¦a sweet sixteen? What?

[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Well, I want to go to the next level. In the last 10 years the farthest weā€™ve been in the tourney is the 2nd round, so yes, the Sweet 16 is where I think we should be and after that is the Final Four. So, whatā€™s wrong with that?

Lutz ainā€™t gonna get us there. We have regressed in every way, but what kills me is the lack of heart this team has. That right there is reason enough to get a new coach. You people donā€™t get itā€¦

[QUOTE=Hooligan;151448]I got a refund for my tickets after the BCA Classic. So I just have to tell ya allā€¦

I told you so.[/QUOTE]

Nice fan

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;151412]2 bad years out of 9.
I donā€™t call that a bad coach.[/QUOTE]

In those nine years, how many tourney wins. That is how coaches are measured these days.

Well, I realize that everyone here is trying to vent, and demand that Bobby be dismissed but what good is that going to do? We will have to get a new coach, install a new system, and try and keep commitments from recruits. So I dont see us losing Bobby anytime soon since Beasley is still his recruit ( I Know Hill recruited him but Bobby gets the credit he offers the scholarship) So I dont see Bobby going anywhere anytime soon. Bobby has lost the passion to coach this team and the players are just as fedup. Lets just hope they dont embarass us with the finale of this season and lets hope that since he is going to be here another year that he gets his head into his gameplans and focuses on next season a whole lot better than he did this year.

[QUOTE=ATL_Niner;151439]Yeah, I honestly think we should just continue to look the other way and hopefully things will get betterā€¦itā€™s attitudes like this that is the reason we find our program in the pitiful state that itā€™s in.[/QUOTE]

You really donā€™t know what pitiful is ATL and are obviously not familiar with Niner basketball history post 1977. I agree weā€™ve stumbled as of late but had Iti panned out and we retained that other whiner Grier things might be quite different. This yearā€™s team is in complete dissaray b/c Lutz has had to fill the holes with JCā€™s, most of whom have never played defense. We need stability and a PGā€¦once we have that weā€™ll continue our progression.

Last I checked, weā€™re still post 1977. Lutz or no Lutz, anything short of vying for Sweet 16 and better appearances is mid major. Okay?

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;151454]If you want to see just how much of a difference a single PG can make on a talented team, look at Cincy after they pulled Holy War, and started the other kid (but before they lost half their players to injury). Kennedy looks like a genious just for benching one guy and starting another, simply because the whole team fed off that change.[/QUOTE]

Look up the road to Wakeā€¦Grey is a bust and they have twice our talent. And probably should have lost to Richmond tooā€¦

I agree NA!

I have ridden Coach as much as anyone, as I still strongly believe that he seems to regret not getting out of here last year. I think right now he seems to be uninspired, but will probably stick around until Tatum, Wilderness, Harmon, and Beasley come to ā€œsave the dayā€. Even though itā€™s logical, I will be extremely pissed if Coach takes off after using these guys to get build his own stature, not the programā€™s. I just have the feeling that he will fly the coop at the right time in the future, which, after this year, it will not be.

He doesnā€™t recruit like someone who wants to leave, Iā€™ll give him that. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m not sure what REALLY is going on. I only know what seems to be going on, and how the team or coaches appear to be behaving.

Weā€™ve seen Curtis drop 39 points on Saint Louis, pretty much single-handidly beating them. Weā€™ve seen Leemire light teams up, Deā€™Angelo light teams up, Mitchell inspiring us with his play two years ago against Louisville. Who can forget Nance last year against UAB? Or the flashes Dumptruck shows us when heā€™s out there? The talent is there folks, but something isnā€™t clicking. If they keep losing, so be it, but I just want to see something out of them that shows me theyā€™re hurting over losing and fighting to try and win and try to break through.

[QUOTE=jabo_pf;151427]Its been UNCC for a while and I cant wait to get my degree that has UNCC on it rather than charlotte. I think ā€œweā€ would pertaining to the team dumbass.[/QUOTE]
The difference between you and me is you are a dumbass and donā€™t know it teabo pretty-fā€™ed up.

We are lucky to have coach Lutz. I hear some comments even close to me that concern me a great deal. We have not been playing at the level we are capable of ā€¦and I guess coach Lutz gets some credit for that fact. I would love to see this board when we win the tourneyment and go deep into the NCAA. Coach Lutz offers a lot to Charlotte. His passion for the game and his love for Charlotte are obvious. Its sad to see such fickle support when things are not going well. A true fan sticks with a team through thick and thin. I would wait until the season is over before I chant anything too negative. I think we need to get out the tape and play that line ā€œit aint over till its overā€. Lets wait and seeā€¦and not be too fairweather in our support.

I disagree about the PG piece. Most DI teams these days dont have a ā€˜trueā€™ PG. Weā€™ve NEVER had one under Lutz and still fielded competitive teams in the past. Weā€™ll see next year, I suppose. I donā€™t see how Williams could be anything but an improvement to Mitch at this point, but its not like heā€™s gonna change our systemā€¦which could use some changinā€™, in all honesty.

We are lucky to have coach Lutz. I hear some comments even close to me that concern me a great deal. We have not been playing at the level we are capable of ...and I guess coach Lutz gets some credit for that fact. I would love to see this board when we win the tourneyment and go deep into the NCAA. Coach Lutz offers a lot to Charlotte. His passion for the game and his love for Charlotte are obvious. Its sad to see such fickle support when things are not going well. A true fan sticks with a team through thick and thin. I would wait until the season is over before I chant anything too negative. I think we need to get out the tape and play that line "it aint over till its over". Lets wait and see....and not be too fairweather in our support.

I do tend to agree with a lot of the sentiment here. Our seasons seem to generally be a roller coaster ride. It would be nice if we as fans could not be so extreme with our reactions to the roller coaster. Of course this year roller coaster is mostly downhillā€¦ and most of us are just displaying our passion for the school and team.

I personally feel Lutz still has a passion for this Charlotte. This thing may or may not get turned around, but if there was any one person that I would hope could do that, it would be Lutz.

[QUOTE=R49er;151506]We are lucky to have coach Lutz. I hear some comments even close to me that concern me a great deal. We have not been playing at the level we are capable of ā€¦and I guess coach Lutz gets some credit for that fact. I would love to see this board when we win the tourneyment and go deep into the NCAA. Coach Lutz offers a lot to Charlotte. His passion for the game and his love for Charlotte are obvious. Its sad to see such fickle support when things are not going well. A true fan sticks with a team through thick and thin. I would wait until the season is over before I chant anything too negative. I think we need to get out the tape and play that line ā€œit aint over till its overā€. Lets wait and seeā€¦and not be too fairweather in our support.[/QUOTE]
I guess that was his love for Charlotte playing out last year as he interviewed for the UT jobā€¦I donā€™t begrudge him the oppurtunity at all,but making a totally naive comment like he really gives a crap about Charlotte and wouldnā€™t taking any bigger job that came along is absurd.

[QUOTE=lucky57;151536]I guess that was his love for Charlotte playing out last year as he interviewed for the UT jobā€¦I donā€™t begrudge him the oppurtunity at all,but making a totally naive comment like he really gives a crap about Charlotte and wouldnā€™t taking any bigger job that came along is absurd.[/QUOTE]

The fact of the matter is Bobby has had several opportunities to leave for a ā€œbetterā€ or at least higher paying job and he is still here. Did he talk to UT, yes. Did he leave us for UT, no.

No real ā€œinsiderā€ info. here, but I am willing to bet that the only reason that Lutz didnā€™t leave is because they wanted Pearl over himā€¦not because Lutz turned them down.

i wish everybody would shut the F up about Lutz after every damn loss support the team you damn *******, if not donā€™t go to the games itā€™s that simple

[QUOTE=Niner89;151505]The difference between you and me is you are a dumbass and donā€™t know it teabo pretty-fā€™ed up.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I take it you dont like me. Oh well.

My 2 Cents.

If we had a Tom Izzo coaching this team, weā€™d be nearing 20 wins given our schedule. Coach Lutz is an average basketball coach who has had really good talent. He is a tireless game planner and is always inpeccably prepared. When teams execute based on this knowledge, they have success.

Our team is composed of basketball chowder heads. They are indecisive or make bad decisions with their passes and shots. In the zones they are often clueless and fail to make the proper rotation. They miss simple reads and are painful to watch.

Lutz needs to emphasize basketball fundamentals more. Heā€™s not getting kids like Eddie that are coming from DeMatha with solid skills and kids like Jobey/Diego who are fundamentally solid. He needs to adjust to fit his more athletic yet rawer team.