Get rid of Lutz, please.

Oh yeah…regarding Melvin. I really like the guy but you have to question his caoching. His Texas A&M team went from like 5 wins to over 20 the year after he left. Gillespie did it with his players. I’d love to see him back here as an assistant/top recruiter. Keep in mind, Lutz was his right hand man when he was here.

Boy, I bet this thread title looks great to all of our recruits (yes, they do read the board). The people trying to pull Beasley away must love it. I know this is a frustrating year but give it a break. We're trying to build a program here. It's not the end of the world. Stick with the coach and team.

Btw, can you change the subject line?

Change the subject line simply because it doesn’t reflect your opinion? C’mon Lefty. I know you’ll never find fault in Lutz but censoring the board because you don’t like a title is a bit much. Lutz is a big boy. He can handle criticism I’m sure. And if a recruit opts out of coming here, I doubt it’s because of what’s said on a messageboard considering the other things that could cause doubts.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;151424]Change the subject line simply because it doesn’t reflect your opinion? C’mon Lefty. I know you’ll never find fault in Lutz but censoring the board because you don’t like a title is a bit much. Lutz is a big boy. He can handle criticism I’m sure. And if a recruit opts out of coming here, I doubt it’s because of what’s said on a messageboard considering the other things that could cause doubts.[/QUOTE]

It was worth a try. :tongue: Seriously, we look like a bunch of fairweather fans.

I find a lot of fault in Lutz. Within the last 2 days, See technical, see offense we failed to run, see Mitch should be benched, see my tie comment. :ohmy:

[QUOTE=Niner89;151277]What is this “we” crap, tar hole? If you’re a Niner you would know better than the UNCC comment.[/QUOTE]

Its been UNCC for a while and I cant wait to get my degree that has UNCC on it rather than charlotte. I think “we” would pertaining to the team dumbass.

It was worth a try. :tongue: Seriously, we look like a bunch of fairweather fans.

Actually, I think we look like a bunch of passionate yet frustrated fans. Show me a fan base that doesn’t become overly critical of their coach/team when expectations aren’t met. Look back at how many times the Mempiss fans wanted Cal gone last season and now he’s capable of walking on water. Lord knows I don’t want to be compared to Memphis fans but the point is that every fan base reacts the same way we’re reacting when times are tough. Losing sucks and everyone here that’s bitching will be praising the team/Bobby the next season we’re back on top. Vicious cycle that’s part of all sports. It’s what fans do. I’ve been cussing my Bills and the coach for the last 11 years but I still think every upcoming season we’re going back to the Super Bowl. :tongue:

Just because other fan bases do it doesn’t mean we have to. You can still be passionate without trying to fire the coach after every loss. Really.

You guys certainly have the right to your opinion. I think it looks pretty pathetic but whatever.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;151421]Boy, I bet this thread title looks great to all of our recruits (yes, they do read the board). The people trying to pull Beasley away must love it. I know this is a frustrating year but give it a break. We’re trying to build a program here. It’s not the end of the world. Stick with the coach and team.

Btw, can you change the subject line?[/QUOTE]

Lefty, this is so typical of you. What kind of program are we trying to build? Does anyone on here seriously have a clue? Our program needs a different direction and I’m writing Judy a letter today why I am not going to renew my season tickets next year. The “style” we play is pitiful and honestly, I am not going to support this program if Lutz remains the coach.

Oh and as for Beasley, he is out of his mind if he actually comes to Charlotte. It’s the worst decision he could make.

So, to answer your post, I will not stick with this coach because it’s clear in the lack of preparation, passion and dedication, that he doesn’t have what it takes to be a major D1 coach, or even a mid-major D1 coach…

WOW…overeact much???

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;151435]Just because other fan bases do it doesn’t mean we have to. You can still be passionate without trying to fire the coach after every loss. Really.

You guys certainly have the right to your opinion. I think it looks pretty pathetic but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I honestly think we should just continue to look the other way and hopefully things will get better…it’s attitudes like this that is the reason we find our program in the pitiful state that it’s in.

[QUOTE=casstommy;151437]WOW…overeact much???[/QUOTE]

Overreaction? I’ve been screaming for 3 years now about our lack of discipline and how our game prep/performance has absolutely sucked. I had it after the Miss. St. game and walked out at halftime. And yes, I will write a letter to Judy ripping her and Bobby in a last gasp attempt to show her a reason why the fan base is dwindling. I’m a 7 year season ticket holder and I live in a city 4 hours away. I think I have a right to demand better for university and athletic department.

My point is…we are having a bad…no…terrible season. IT HAPPENS. It will happen again…under Lutz or somebody differently. Should we all just turn in our season tickets because we have had a bad year…God I hope not.

Look…everyone is upset at the way the year is going…the players and coach included. But screaming for the guys head because we have lost some games to bad teams is an overreaction.

The guy has had 2 losing seasons…2.

He has been the most consistant coach we have had to lead us to postseason play. Our school is nationally respected…albiet not locally. What do you want?
A final four…a sweet sixteen? What?

This stuff takes time…and stability in the coaching staff. Running Lutz off will solve nothing.

And if I read 1 more comment about getting Huggins I’m gonna freakin scream! Lets be real ok.

Letters are good. Public message board meltdowns are bad. If you think Judy is happy about her bread and butter gone bad, you’re way off. I have a feeling everyone over there isn’t happy about the season so far.

Btw, go and read about the year Prosser is having at Wake. Greg Doyell says Prosser has it rough because he can’t get recruits, yet is one of the big four in the ACC. Figure that?!?!

I got a refund for my tickets after the BCA Classic. So I just have to tell ya all…

I told you so.

Told us what???

That your a model for how NOT to support a university!

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;151445]Public message board meltdowns are bad.[/QUOTE]

The one or two idiots who cheer for us to lose on here because they don’t like Bobby do make us look bad, all criticism aside. The ones who do it at games are complete a-holes. They’re probably the same people.

I think there’s a big difference between being critical and showing your rear end.

The stuff about canning Lutz and hiring Huggins is also ridiculous, even if it isn’t as mean spirited.

I want some change too, but I’m more willing to be realistic. Lutz at one time was considered a great coach and he did have his team’s ear. What he needs to do is to challenge himself to change his ways and his team’s ways, and see if results follow. I think instituting more discipline, yanking players for not listening, and playing guys who do is a big start. Making us less predictable on offense would be another big step forward. Picking and choosing his battles to earn a better rep with the new ref pool comes to mind too.

But be realistic about the pressures he’s under. First, he’s set the bar pretty high for himself with early success (the Bobby Lutz invitational anyone?), and he’s a victim of his own recruiting hype. But even moreso than that, our athletic budget is almost predicated on him reaching the postseason. We need those NCAA credits since WE (myself included) dont give enough.

Last, don’t for a second overlook the importance of a floor general. In retrospect, it is amazing we’ve won as much as we have in the past few years without a PG. We’ve gotten by with surrogate leaders (Eddie) and distributors, and oh yes, Bobby’s offense. But our PG play has reached a low we havent seen since the Nash disaster (ashamedly, I supported that). If you want to see just how much of a difference a single PG can make on a talented team, look at Cincy after they pulled Holy War, and started the other kid (but before they lost half their players to injury). Kennedy looks like a genious just for benching one guy and starting another, simply because the whole team fed off that change.

Makes no sense to argue with lefty, guys. He’s always been an apologist for Lutz, always will be. That will not change. Types like Lefty are just content with having a mediocre program, as long as they have somebody to argue the point withand a game to go to. NIT would be a miracle at this point, but some would feel as though it is ok, and “We’ll get em next year.” I, among others, do not subscribe to that. The team is miserable and lutz is a horrible coach with anger management problems.

Wow… everyone gets so pissy when we lose. I find it much easier to deal with if you come to terms with the fact that we suck this year. After you accept that simple fact, you will no longer be shocked when we lose to bad teams. I also recommend consuming large quantities of alcohol before, during, and after games. :drink:

I’m not opposed to a good ole message board meltdown, but I’m not going to stop attending the games either.

I just find humor in the notion of taking a virtual playground so serious. We’re a bunch of grown men (most of us), sitting at work behind a computer, arguing over a bunch of teenagers and a coach with a bad part in his hair while our companies pay us for it.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;151454]The one or two idiots who cheer for us to lose on here because they don’t like Bobby do make us look bad, all criticism aside. The ones who do it at games are complete a-holes. They’re probably the same people.

I think there’s a big difference between being critical and showing your rear end.

The stuff about canning Lutz and hiring Huggins is also ridiculous, even if it isn’t as mean spirited.

I want some change too, but I’m more willing to be realistic. Lutz at one time was considered a great coach and he did have his team’s ear. What he needs to do is to challenge himself to change his ways and his team’s ways, and see if results follow. I think instituting more discipline, yanking players for not listening, and playing guys who do is a big start. Making us less predictable on offense would be another big step forward. Picking and choosing his battles to earn a better rep with the new ref pool comes to mind too.

But be realistic about the pressures he’s under. First, he’s set the bar pretty high for himself with early success (the Bobby Lutz invitational anyone?), and he’s a victim of his own recruiting hype. But even moreso than that, our athletic budget is almost predicated on him reaching the postseason. We need those NCAA credits since WE (myself included) dont give enough.

Last, don’t for a second overlook the importance of a floor general. In retrospect, it is amazing we’ve won as much as we have in the past few years without a PG. We’ve gotten by with surrogate leaders (Eddie) and distributors, and oh yes, Bobby’s offense. But our PG play has reached a low we havent seen since the Nash disaster (ashamedly, I supported that). If you want to see just how much of a difference a single PG can make on a talented team, look at Cincy after they pulled Holy War, and started the other kid (but before they lost half their players to injury). Kennedy looks like a genious just for benching one guy and starting another, simply because the whole team fed off that change.[/QUOTE]

What’s this?

A voice of reason!?!

Bravo, NA