Get rid of Lutz, please.

It is amazing that we've won so many games over the last couple years without a solid PG. Someone has to break down the defense.

Penetration and taking it the basket worked well for us. That’s my biggest complaint. Take it to the hole and stop dribbling and waiting for a guy to get open. Goldwire, Alexander and Bennett can do it. Sit Mitch and let the true basketball players get the minutes.

Well said Lefty!

[QUOTE=jabo_pf;151218]uh last time I checked it was UNCC and not Charlotte.[/QUOTE]
Here comes another tar hole wants to talk Niner hoops. Go home to your baby diaper bloo.

[QUOTE=Niner89;151274]Here comes another tar hole wants to talk Niner hoops. Go home to your baby diaper bloo.[/QUOTE]

Face it, we suck this year. End of story.

[QUOTE=jabo_pf;151275]Face it, we suck this year. End of story.[/QUOTE]
What is this “we” crap, tar hole? If you’re a Niner you would know better than the UNCC comment.

I was mad over the timing of the technical last night myself, until I saw on the replay what had happened. Then all wanted to do was finish strangling the refs. Lutz was simply trying to get the foul call corrected, and the idiots in stripes (Larry Scirotto, Rudy Seneca, Jose Carrion) either could not hear or would not listen. All he was trying to do was get their attention so that they could address it and hopefully correct it. If you want to complain about the second one, go ahead because he got that on for what he said. The first one was from the refs incompetance in getting the numbers screwed up on who committed the foul just before Lutz got the T.

I’m not saying that Bobby in Vince Lombardi, but he is what is keeping us from being USF or URI. We have no point guard. We have two above average players. Everone else is average or worse. This team is average enough to have to compete against average teams. We have no chemistry because we’ve all these new players. We’re simply not that good this season and to say that Lutz should be fired for it is ridiculous.

Who are we going to replace him with? Buzz Peterson is available. He was a hot coach once. What’s he doing now?

The fact of the matter is that Bobby is a good, not great coach, a decent recruiter and a nice fit with us. To punt him for a flavor of the month coach with his eye on the Big East would be very counter productive.

We’re not good, but we’re not much better than the competition than playing.

Tintin

uh last time I checked it was UNCC and not Charlotte.

Moron.

Bobby Cremins???

[QUOTE=jabo_pf;151218]uh last time I checked it was UNCC and not Charlotte.[/QUOTE]

You can take a good look at a butcher’s ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn’t you rather to take his word for it?

I was mad over the timing of the technical last night myself, until I saw on the replay what had happened. Then all wanted to do was finish strangling the refs. Lutz was simply trying to get the foul call corrected, and the idiots in stripes (Larry Scirotto, Rudy Seneca, Jose Carrion) either could not hear or would not listen. All he was trying to do was get their attention so that they could address it and hopefully correct it. If you want to complain about the second one, go ahead because he got that on for what he said. The first one was from the refs incompetance in getting the numbers screwed up on who committed the foul just before Lutz got the T.

Yeah the first tech actually wasn’t a bad T. The Refs indicated the foul was on DA. It was on Curt. When they changed it nobody informed Bobby. The Refs ignored him and when he got their attention and walked back to the box, the young ref T’d him up. It was a terrible T. That pissed Bobby off because of the timing of the T basically was going to give Richmond a big advantage. That temper carried over into the 2nd T (they didn’t hit neither FT on the 2nd).

I was reading on Richmond’s board and they agreed that the first Tech was BS. They said he purposely got the 2nd technical to prove a point. Someone posted that they heard that in the post game show. Did anyone else hear that he got the 2nd one on purpose?

[QUOTE=Tintin;151287]I’m not saying that Bobby in Vince Lombardi, but he is what is keeping us from being USF or URI. We have no point guard. We have two above average players. Everone else is average or worse. This team is average enough to have to compete against average teams. We have no chemistry because we’ve all these new players. We’re simply not that good this season and to say that Lutz should be fired for it is ridiculous.

Who are we going to replace him with? Buzz Peterson is available. He was a hot coach once. What’s he doing now?

The fact of the matter is that Bobby is a good, not great coach, a decent recruiter and a nice fit with us. To punt him for a flavor of the month coach with his eye on the Big East would be very counter productive.

Tintin[/QUOTE]

Very well said Tintin!

[QUOTE=allie49er;151339]I was reading on Richmond’s board and they agreed that the first Tech was BS. They said he purposely got the 2nd technical to prove a point. Someone posted that they heard that in the post game show. Did anyone else hear that he got the 2nd one on purpose?[/QUOTE]

He asked to be tossed. The first tech was complete crap.

We are not playing well right now which makes me upset, but the A10 officiating is making me sick to my stomach. I have a hard time watching games anymore.

I'm not saying that Bobby in Vince Lombardi, but he is what is keeping us from being USF or URI. We have no point guard. We have two above average players. Everone else is average or worse. This team is average enough to have to compete against average teams. We have no chemistry because we've all these new players. We're simply not that good this season and to say that Lutz should be fired for it is ridiculous.

Tintin

Bruce Pearl is doing pretty well at UT as a first year head coach.

Hell…If I were Lutz…I’d be pretty pissed too…but I really guess he doesn’t give a s#it

[QUOTE=Savio;151357]Bruce Pearl is doing pretty well at UT as a first time head coach.[/QUOTE]

Umm, Bruce is not a first time head coach Savio. He took UW-M to the Sweet 16 and is 317-84 in his 13 year career as a head coach. He has almost as much experience as Lutz. His teams have received postseason bids 12 times and have advanced to the Sweet 16 of NCAA Tournaments seven times.

[QUOTE]During the 2005 campaign he became one of the fastest coaches in NCAA history to reach the 300-win milestone. Pearl needed just 382 games to reach the 300-win mark, which was second only to Roy Williams (Kansas and North Carolina) who needed 370 games.[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://utsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/pearl_bruce00.html]Pearl Bio[/URL]

Umm, Bruce is not a first time head coach Savio. He took UW-M to the Sweet 16 and is 317-84 in his 13 year career as a head coach. He has almost as much experience as Lutz. His teams have received postseason bids 12 times and have advanced to the Sweet 16 of NCAA Tournaments seven times.

Pearl Bio

yeah…I changed it right after I wrote it…check again

Sory if this has been mentioned before in this thread. I haven’t bothered to read it.

Melvin Watkins, anyone?

Not as long as Judy remains the AD, Pork Chop. The split wasn’t as clean as one would expect.

2 bad years out of 9.
I don’t call that a bad coach.

Boy, I bet this thread title looks great to all of our recruits (yes, they do read the board). The people trying to pull Beasley away must love it. I know this is a frustrating year but give it a break. We’re trying to build a program here. It’s not the end of the world. Stick with the coach and team.

Btw, can you change the subject line?