Getting More Butts in the Seats

Alright let’s keep things constructive here. For the most part, if you’re on this site, you already are a ticket holder and supporter of the program. So, we don’t need to keep preaching to the choir on attendance. The question is how can we make an impact on the people that aren’t here…

In the past I’ve bought mini-packs or even a Family pack as a Christmas gift for my family. I believe my Mom and Step-Dad are now official fans, although I think it’s now expected that they gte tickets from me each year :o .

What else can we do as the “core supporters” of this program?

I’m thinking of a mass e-mail to people I know for the Depaul game…

As replied on the other thread:

1. Video board along 29 or 49 that shows highlights, gametimes, opponents, records, etc, etc. A very good marketing tool that is in place for Georgia Tech in Atlanta along I-75/85 and it reaches hundreds of thousands of commuters daily in both directions. Amounts to about 14 lanes of exposure.

2. Some sort of local sports store that sells Niner gear and goodies. A place to give us a college town sort of feel in our own part of Charlotte.

3. A SOAR Niner hoops orientation that is MANDATORY, so perhaps incoming freshman can see what kind of stuff is going on around campus.

4. An sports talk station that actually promotes the program instead of trying to tear it down.

5. Bring back the Bonfires on the front fields and promote them.

[i]Originally posted by ATL_Niner[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 09:15 AM [b] As replied on the other thread:
  1. Video board along 29 or 49 that shows highlights, gametimes, opponents, records, etc, etc. A very good marketing tool that is in place for Georgia Tech in Atlanta along I-75/85 and it reaches hundreds of thousands of commuters daily in both directions. Amounts to about 14 lanes of exposure.

2. Some sort of local sports store that sells Niner gear and goodies. A place to give us a college town sort of feel in our own part of Charlotte.

3. A SOAR Niner hoops orientation that is MANDATORY, so perhaps incoming freshman can see what kind of stuff is going on around campus.

4. An sports talk station that actually promotes the program instead of trying to tear it down.

5. Bring back the Bonfires on the front fields and promote them. [/b]

Sorry ATL, not bashing, but it would be hard for any of us here to do any of that with the exception of the bonfires…

I was thinking about making a flier for the Depaul game with the big message being “Battle For 1st Place!” or something along those lines. I think a big problem is that people don’t know how good we are, we are 27th in the NATION and tied for 1st in one of the best conferences in America, we need to get that word out. If even 5 people put their printers on draft quality and printed out 25 and posted them around campus, i think it would be reasonably successful(especially if they were put up in dorms). If anybody is willing to help spread them out I will try to design something decent in Photoshop.

Also, someone needs to call in or in person tell Lutz that the fans are just as upset/dissappointed at the lack of fan support the team is getting tonight at Lutz Live and ask him what he thinks we can do about it. I know he appriciates the core fans, but I’d hate for him to think we don’t care about filling Halton and that we havn’t tried to get more people in there.

[i]Originally posted by NinerMac[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 10:13 AM [b] I'm thinking of a mass e-mail to people I know for the Depaul game... [/b]
I did the mass e-mail thing for last nights game and the Depaul game. I said this in another thread, but it does work. I had a few takers last night and more committed to the game next week. Just be sure to link the 2 for 1 coupon.

Sell beer at the games

If we had more alumni who cared enough to bring their kids to see Eddie Basden, we wouldn’t have to worry.

You guys are great fans, but I am disgusted with the typical graduate from this institution.

How could you not as a kid have seen the last two games and not be an Eddie Basden fan or Charlotte 49ers for life?

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 09:52 AM [b] Sell beer at the games [/b]
Again, unless you're going to get the permit and show up with a cooler to sell it yourself, I'm not sure WE will be able to do that. Let's try to keep this to things that we can accomplish.

Somethiing I’ve thought about was trying to raise money for a full page ad in the O (or half page).

All of these are great ideas but I am not sure how likely ANY of them are. I have seen the team alittle more visible on campus this year and even saw one of the assistant coaches handing out tickets this year on campus. I think the key is just to keep winning and promoting the team. I would like to see us do something to celebrate after a big win so everyone knows. If it’s not rolling the trees in the front lawn or do something.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 09:53 AM [b] If we had more alumni who cared enough to bring their kids to see Eddie Basden, we wouldn't have to worry.

You guys are great fans, but I am disgusted with the typical graduate from this institution.

How could you not as a kid have seen the last two games and not be an Eddie Basden fan or Charlotte 49ers for life? [/b]

My 6 year old cried when we lost at Cincy and I’ve heard similar stories from several alums. So there is a new Niner Nation Generation on the way. There was a couple in front of me last night with a newborn that couldn’t have been more than a couple of weeks old. Dedication.

We just need to make more babies. Plain and simple. Get busy men. Spend more time in the bedroom and less time bitchin’ about the Observer and who’s not at the games. If we can’t convert the average fan, we’ll make our own. Problem solved. Now on to St Loser.

[b]We just need to make more babies. Plain and simple. Get busy men. Spend more time in the bedroom and less time bitchin' about the Observer and who's not at the games. If we can't convert the average fan, we'll make our own. Problem solved. Now on to St Loser.[/b]

That’s what I’m talking. Make love, not Tarholes.

Play to the Alum in Charlotte…Thats the biggest bang for the buck…There aren’t too many nuts that will travel a hour each way to watch but the Alum in the city could fill the place twice over. Thats the large market…Alum living in Charlotte.

[i]Originally posted by BleednGreen[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 10:05 AM [b] We just need to make more babies. Plain and simple. Get busy men. Spend more time in the bedroom and less time bitchin' about the Observer and who's not at the games. If we can't convert the average fan, we'll make our own. Problem solved. Now on to St Loser. [/b]
I'm working on it :P
[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 10:18 AM [b] I'm working on it :P [/b]
A little hint....aim to the left .....works everytime.

I have no problem with procreating 49er babies! After all, we all know that those with green blood are superior genetic specimens.

My two sons have been attending games since they were each 8 months old, almost 18 years now. Of course, right now I am prohibited by a court order stating they can’t attend weeknight games (long story). :frowning:

Inexpensive (I suppose) vehicle:
Student body will increase to 28K in next couple years right? If so, each new student should get some sort of flyer in their orientation package that has something to do with school spirit. All sports - with an emphasis on BBall. As those students graduate, you hope they become active alums (season tix holders). Charlotte is growing, so there is better chance they find jobs here and hopefully attend games.

Future Scheduling:
We need to schedule teams that travel fans. Asheville & NC A&T do not, South Carolina, ECU, etc. do.

Long term:
People love winners, getting into the rankings consistently (though subjective) is the next step. This gets the casual sports $ into the seats.

PROMOTE THIS WEBSITE! Its the best source that there is for information and gets pretty addictive after a while. I cant believe that there are only 500 members.

And quit ragging on the fans that come to the games, no matter what they wear. We want a unified student section, stop hating on the frats. The frat that bows to Eddie after a big play is awesome. Everyone should have been bowing after his dunk last night.

Quickly thrown together flyer, will obviously have to change the records and might even have to change the big text if we both lose, but it’s just a test. It actually prints out pretty nicely on draft quality b&w, please share thoughts/opinions and let me know if anyone will actually help distribute these.

Also, let me know if the link actually works…

Flyer

also, i used pictures posted here, I assumed they were for public use, if the person who took them(Old49er I believe) wants me to remove them, please let me know.

[i]Originally posted by CMack124[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 10:24 AM [b] Quickly thrown together flyer, will obviously have to change the records and might even have to change the big text if we both lose, but it's just a test. It actually prints out pretty nicely on draft quality b&w, please share thoughts/opinions and let me know if anyone will actually help distribute these.

Also, let me know if the link actually works…

Flyer

also, i used pictures posted here, I assumed they were for public use, if the person who took them(Old49er I believe) wants me to remove them, please let me know. [/b]

If that flyer jinxes us against St. Louis, I say we sell your body to the gay population of Charlotte during half time - that should bring a crowd. :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by Florida49er+Feb 10 2005, 11:27 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Florida49er @ Feb 10 2005, 11:27 AM)