Ghost Hunting Opinions

Okay, so we went out to a haunted church tonight and took a couple pix before my buddy got freaked the **** out and the two of them ran and ditched me so I ran off behind them. There are a couple pics that have caught our attention, though I am skeptical.

Instead of try to lead you into seeing anything, if you’d please take a look, and if you see anything, let me know. If no one sees anything, Ill highlight the regions and ask again.

If you have a utility for zooming, at least direct your attention to the inside of the church.

Sorry for the low resolution, it was the max upload, if anyone else wants the originals I have the full DSLR resolution shots.

The only unusual thing I see is the big black thing, bottom center, that recurs, a photo thing I suppose.

You think you saw a ghost?

I really don’t see much but

Pic 1: You can only see inside the church through the door, but bottom left, lower right, and middle right of the door frame kinda catch my attention. But I’m reaching and the human eye has a knack for finding humanoid-like characteristics in anything.

Pic 3: Has an “orb.”

Pic 4: Has 2-3 “orbs” but those are probably reflections off the gravestones.

Again, I’m totally reaching here, and I wasn’t there myself so I don’t know what objects were actually there.

but you basically pointed out everything we saw. In the higher resolution version of the pic of the door, you can see something else a little better. Ill PM you.

so you guys didn’t actually go in the building?

I wanted to, but scaredy 1 ran so the other two of us ran behind him basically. I only got to snap those four shots.

If I haunted that church, I’d be pissed people let trash all over my haunting grounds.

where was this? Is it close?

If you are into the ghost hunting thing, you should consider heading west to spencer mountain. I have never been (I am a chicken) but have heard from people who have and they strongly believe they saw things. It is about 30 mins from campus.

http://www.spencermountain.com/

Who the heck builds a mansion on a graveyard? Really your rich enough to build a mansion but the only land you could find is a graveyard? Location, location, location. Seems like some poltergeist stuff, I wanna be there when the house crumples into a ball and disappears.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;394933]I wanted to, but scaredy 1 ran so the other two of us ran behind him basically. I only got to snap those four shots.[/QUOTE]

And you call yourselves men? Come on!

Personally I don’t believe in ghosts but why is that you didn’t see anything with your own eyes but when you take a picture you think you see all kinds of things? Are ghosts so advanced that they can avoid the naked eye but for some reason they can’t fool a camera?

go to Ghettysburg, I swear there are spirits there

50,000 deaths in one wk on a couple hundred acres

I’m not one to put much stock into things like that but I’m a natural born skeptic.

However, my wife works in the banking business and they have to deal with estates from time to time. She tells me that there was an old antebellum house in Aiken SC that some of her friends in the bank had to go through and it was one of the eeriest things they had ever been through. Doors slamming, one room 40 degrees colder than all the rest, yelling being heard, etc.

Said a couple of grown men were supposed to stay overnight to safegaurd the house and they got spooked and left.

In the first pic, I see something that could resemble a skeleton just laying on the floor in the church.

my wife and I stayed at the Battery Carriage House Inn in Charleston, SC for our second anniversary about 7 years ago. We took one of those horse drawn carriage tours and low and behold it took us on a path the led back to the Inn. The driver stopped and began telling of two seperate ghosts that alledgedly haunt two rooms. Yep, one of the rooms was ours (Room 10). Anyway, when we returned after the tour we found a book on it in the parlor and we read about it. Supposedly he only appears when the room is occupied by females (one of your more intelligent ghosts).

I am a skeptic, but it was still a weird night in that room though 99.9% of it was probably in our head. I felt sorry for those staying in the “torso” room though, all “accounts” indicate that that ghost is not so pleasant.

http://www.batterycarriagehouse.com/ghosts.htm

NC Paranormal Investigation Group

http://www.hauntednc.com/links.htm

[QUOTE=KissMyAxe;394972]my wife and I stayed at the Battery Carriage House Inn in Charleston, SC for our second anniversary about 7 years ago. We took one of those horse drawn carriage tours and low and behold it took us on a path the led back to the Inn. The driver stopped and began telling of two seperate ghosts that alledgedly haunt two rooms. Yep, one of the rooms was ours (Room 10). Anyway, when we returned after the tour we found a book on it in the parlor and we read about it. Supposedly he only appears when the room is occupied by females (one of your more intelligent ghosts).

I am a skeptic, but it was still a weird night in that room though 99.9% of it was probably in our head. I felt sorry for those staying in the “torso” room though, all “accounts” indicate that that ghost is not so pleasant.

http://www.batterycarriagehouse.com/ghosts.htm[/QUOTE]

Intresting, and it raises a ton of questions as well. I have seena couple shows/reports about the Torso ghost. It raises the question, who would spend the afterlife as a floating torso? I once though ghosts were somewhat interactive but it seems sometimes they are just snapshots in time, how can a torso be sentinent.

Anyway Kiss My Axe I had a very similar experience with an Inn in Candler, NC. Me and my ex had stayed there in the “captains room” and heard sounds like someone was dropping logs in the attic and kept hearing people luaghing and coming up the stairs and no one would be there when we looked. also my ex had a dream that a civil war captain was watching her sleep. We get back and a few weeks later their was a special on A&E about haunted places and sure enough, the Inn we stayed in was haunted by a civil war captain. He used to have parties so that was the merryment we heard and also half our pictures didn’t
develop. We actually experienced all this having no idea or forewarning so it defiantely was not in our heads.

Marc, where was this at?

If you’ve got some time one weekend, gimme a shout. I know several places out my way (towards Lexington/Winston/etc) that you’d probably wanna check out if you’re into this kinda stuff.

We need an excuse to have a brew and catch up anyhow.

Ninercentral, where is this church located?

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;395006]Intresting, and it raises a ton of questions as well. I have seena couple shows/reports about the Torso ghost. It raises the question, who would spend the afterlife as a floating torso? I once though ghosts were somewhat interactive but it seems sometimes they are just snapshots in time, how can a torso be sentinent.

Anyway Kiss My Axe I had a very similar experience with an Inn in Candler, NC. Me and my ex had stayed there in the “captains room” and heard sounds like someone was dropping logs in the attic and kept hearing people luaghing and coming up the stairs and no one would be there when we looked. also my ex had a dream that a civil war captain was watching her sleep. We get back and a few weeks later their was a special on A&E about haunted places and sure enough, the Inn we stayed in was haunted by a civil war captain. He used to have parties so that was the merryment we heard and also half our pictures didn’t
develop. We actually experienced all this having no idea or forewarning so it defiantely was not in our heads.[/QUOTE]

Hell. if you were in Candler, it may have been a redneck dressed likea Civil War Captain. A lot of people up here think the War of Northern Aggressive is still going on.