Golf

6 in row!

Congrats guys!!! Totally awesome! Talk about surging on the back nine on the last day. Wow!!!

Outstanding achievement.

SMELL THE GLOVE! 6-PEAT!

First time it’s happened in any sport in the history of the A-10.

Way to go guys!

[quote=“MKNiner, post:5, topic:25360”]First time it’s happened in any sport in the history of the A-10.

Way to go guys![/quote]

I mean, that’s just how we roll.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=205145607

Congrats on the 6-Peat!! Now let’s make some noise in the NCAA’s!!!

YEA, NINERS!!

I’m even more impressed that we were also ranked nationally for a good portion of that run.

I’m sure the guys would have liked to have slightly lower scores over all, even while winning. But I’ll tell you what was really impressive about this tourney, all 5 of our guys were in the top 12 over all! In collegiate golf you use 4 of the 5 scores as the team result. So usually one of the players score is a “throw out” score. But when all 5 guys are in the top 12, you don’t really have a “throw out” score or player. That’s really consistent in team golf.

Andrew Dibitetto has been serving as our Interim Coach, and frankly he is too young and too inexperienced to be the Head Coach of a team that wants to play at the national level. But, they did win the conference tournament again. I do not know what the AD will do about filling this position, but it could be a very difficult discussion to have with Dibitetto. Best of luck to all concerned. I hope what he really wants is to be an Assistant again under a good, experienced Head Coach.

Nugget if he wins, is he really too young & inexperienced? I know we’re not top 3 & top 8 nationally like under Coach Green, but we also don’t have the horses either.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:12, topic:25360”]Nugget if he wins, is he really too young & inexperienced? I know we’re not top 3 & top 8 nationally like under Coach Green, but we also don’t have the horses either.[/quote]Yes. He is too young and inexperienced. He took over an existing team mid-year and guided us home. Great job. He should be guaranteed a spot on the new staff. We have been, and can be a top 20 team every year, but it can also go away quickly (see 1977 BBall team). We need someone with a track record.

With the way the golf coach gets paid, I don’t know how big of a factor experience will be in determining the new coach. How much experience did Pryor have before getting hired?

Looked like the Niners were in 6th going into today, but are 15 over after 9 holes today to fall to 10th.

[quote=“Normmm, post:14, topic:25360”]With the way the golf coach gets paid, I don’t know how big of a factor experience will be in determining the new coach. How much experience did Pryor have before getting hired?[/quote]When HC Jamie Green left Charlotte to go to Duke it is my understanding that the money was the same. It sounds like we can afford a good coach.

Money the same? I remember the sports editor coming on here and snidely telling us we could never compete with an ACC school when Green left. He never let an article be written about when we were Top 5 but he jumped all over the chance to publish an article telling the city we can’t compete with an ACC team.

I’m glad you didn’t really leave, Over.

[quote=“49r9r, post:17, topic:25360”]Money the same? I remember the sports editor coming on here and snidely telling us we could never compete with an ACC school when Green left. He never let an article be written about when we were Top 5 but he jumped all over the chance to publish an article telling the city we can’t compete with an ACC team.[/quote]My source was in a position to know, but also has a point of view to sell so who really knows? I heard that the money was the same, that Dr. Mrs. Green (the real breadwinner in the family) was having trouble finding a new job, and that they were having trouble selling their house in Charlotte. I am sure much of that has worked itself out by now. So if not money why would Green leave? Duke is a national university and recruiting has to be much easier. They have their own top-notch course on campus. They probably travel better than our team does. Those are pretty good reasons, but there are not many available jobs like that and if we are competing for a coach against that we probably will not win. Luckily that should not often be the case. If we can pay competitive good coach money, then our facilites, university, city, and success should be attractive to many coaches. I do not think we are in a “take what we can get” position.

I think 49r9r was referring to a certain Sports Editor trying to be a jerk. The money may have been the same but Mike came on here with the obvious intention of rubbing it in our face in a very condescending manor telling us we were not worthy. I remember when it happened and the entire board was pissed at Mike.

Nugget, I think you are right and the money was the same.