Goodman: 2012-13 C-USA hoops stink

CBSSports.com: Conference USA downright abysmal, no one deserving of NCAA bid

Home, sweet home!

Dear God. Depressing write up.

So the good news is we should be favored to win the title next year.

Maybe. UTEP is playing bad right now, but they get their point guard back soon and they have some awesome recruits coming in. I think it will be between us and them.

Memphis and Marshall, who were supposed to carry the league, are just playing bad right now. It won’t get any better for the Thundering Herd though. Didn’t help when Canty was ruled ineligible before the season started.

Southern Miss, UAB and Tulsa are all in rebuild mode with new coaches.

ECU is probably were everyone expected them to be.

There aren’t a lot of great options for our basketball program right now. The A-10 isn’t going to be the same after Xavier, Butler, and possibly others leave for the new Catholic basketball conference. We just need to dominate whatever we play.

Maybe. UTEP is playing bad right now, but they get their point guard back soon and they have some awesome recruits coming in. I think it will be between us and them.

Memphis and Marshall, who were supposed to carry the league, are just playing bad right now. It won’t get any better for the Thundering Herd though. Didn’t help when Canty was ruled ineligible before the season started.

ECU is probably were everyone expected them to be.[/quote]If I’m not mistaken, Marshall just had an injury to knock out a starter for some time.

ECU is probably were everyone expected them to be.[/quote]If I’m not mistaken, Marshall just had an injury to knock out a starter for some time.[/quote]

Yep DeAndre Kane, their best player. But they were playing bad before he got injured anyway.

With our youth and another year of development, it’s hard not to feel like we can come in and be a top team in CUSA. Of course, we felt that way moving into A10. One main difference, we have a coach that is young, hungry and hasn’t been turned down by a HM school

Spot on 2k. There is absolutely no reason we shouldn’t come in and be a top 3 team. UTEP will be our main competition.

clt says this guy must be a hack. Lebo is in cusa!

Should have stayed in the soon to be disbanded A10.

No way.

No way.[/quote]

He’s not being serious.

No way.[/quote]

He’s not being serious.[/quote]

And he’s not being serious either.

We return our entire starting lineup, most of our key reserves, and add a high scoring wing guard. We have ZERO excuses for not dominating this league.

I know we said the same thing when we went into the A10, but this is different. The A10 had schools that were actually halfway decent at hoops.

We better reverse our thinking on the way we schedule once we join C-USA. If we play a weak non-conference schedule and a weak conference schedule, the only way we get into the NCAAs is by winning the C-USA tournament every year. We will need to schedule like Butler/Xavier/Gonzaga does - take on anyone, anywhere, anytime; even if it means we have a few less home games.

I think we’ll definitely see a change in philosophy. Easier OOC this year makes sense due to the strength of the A10 overall and our youth.

I have no problem being in a weak conference where we will have a chance to make the NCAAs every year and compete for the league title. Sure the A10 is strong every year but in 8 years our program has failed to adapt and produce any sort of decent conference performance.

Next year we are @ FSU, Davidson at home and playing at the Puerto Rico event which will give us 3 HM games.