Got an Email From Packer

He said that he was “the voice of reason” on the show that represented us because we don’t have the passion to call.

He also says that he does not care if I (the customer) listen to his show (the product) because his ratings are high enough already.

He continues to say that he really doesn’t care about going to “UNCC” games (note how he doesn’t refer to them as Charlotte of course) and shoots his mouth about other stuff.

I reffered him to the website, so he can see how many “unpassionate” fans this school has.

Hey Packman, if you take up my invitation to visit this site, I have one thing to say.

:fastgun: Slimetime with the Crackman
:flame: QCB

"You sir are a :tool: "

Packer actually did kind of give us props as his closing line tonight stating that 2 wins this week would get us ranked and that we needed to get it done by winning.

BUT, usually, screw that tool!!! He is just like his dad…a true A-HOLE!!

Fudge is coming! Fudge is coming!

Or is he already reading the boards? I say he already checks us out on a regular basis.

[b]He said that he was "the voice of reason" on the show that represented us because we don't have the passion to call.[/b]

That depends on if he feels like playing good cop or bad cop that day. Don’t let Packer fool you into believing he’s any “voice of reason” for us because he has slammed us more than anyone on that show, including QCB. And you should have told him that we don’t call because we don’t listen.

Don’t waste your time emailing that a-hole. I went down that road in the past with him and came away thinking even less of him than I did before.

[b]He also says that he does not care if I (the customer) listen to his show (the product) because his ratings are high enough already.[/b]

Compared to what? His numbers aren’t even close to those atop the index and I don’t care how many watts he’s having to compete with. Ratings are high compared to other sports talk shows in this area?? Yeah, it’s easy to have higher ratings when you’re going against ZERO competition. His ego never ceases to expand.

Personally, I don’t want Packer as a Niner supporter and don’t need him as a Niner supporter. I’d be happier if he never mentioned our name ever again on his show. I don’t care about the additional exposure when it’s at the expense of being ridiculed on his hillbilly show. We get plenty of local coverage from the MSP and Penner/Mac. Packer should stick to doing what he does best…letting his cohosts and phone-ins carry his show since he lacks the talent to do it alone.

JCl,

I did exactly what you did. He responded to me b/c I filed a complaint with WFNZ about his show. Talk about some piss poor customer service representatives. It just proves that he only really cares about is his corporate sponsors and ACC fans. We’re just a blip on the radar.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 07:32 AM [b] Personally, I don't want Packer as a Niner supporter and don't need him as a Niner supporter. I'd be happier if he never mentioned our name ever again on his show. I don't care about the additional exposure when it's at the expense of being ridiculed on his hillbilly show. We get plenty of local coverage from the MSP and Penner/Mac. Packer should stick to doing what he does best...letting his cohosts and phone-ins carry his show since he lacks the talent to do it alone. [/b]
Exactly. That's the way I feel about it at this point. He thought he was getting back at us by making the deal with QCB to stop talking about us. I told him it was the best move he's ever made.

Charlotte should get a better radio station to broadcast the games. This school must be masochistic, to spend money on a 2 bit station that can’t broadcast to the whole county, and talks crap about us to boot.

I thought we alll agreed to stop listening to, calling, and emailing that crappy show. Listen to the Budweiser Lounge with Jack and Kristen or something.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 08:46 AM [b] Charlotte should get a better radio station to broadcast the games. This school must be masochistic, to spend money on a 2 bit station that can't broadcast to the whole county, and talks crap about us to boot. [/b]
Preach on. It's absurd that Davidson and Appalachian are both broadcast on FM stations while we're stuck with 610.

Any ideas for what stations could potentially broadcast our games? For me, 102.9 keeps coming to mind… it’s a powerful station that a lot of people listen to, so it may also be a way to get new people to listen in. Or how about 107.9? They did Hornets games back in the day.

wow…does this stuff really bother you guys? seriously? It’s a show, that’s all it is and he’s a business man. He’s going to cater to his listeners which are mostly ACC fans.

Back in the early 80’s WFAE, which was located on campus near what is now Halton arena used to broadcast our games. I would like to see that happen again.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 09:06 AM [b] Preach on. It's absurd that Davidson and Appalachian are both broadcast on FM stations while we're stuck with 610. [/b]
ASU has 12 stations doing their games. All women's games (home and away) are broadcast too at least on the flagship station.

WKBC-FM 97.3 - North Wilkesboro, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Hickory
WATA-AM 1450 Boone, Blowing Rock
WPWT-AM 870 - Bristol,TN/VA, Johnson City, TN, Abingdon, Va
WCSL-AM 1590 - Cherryville
WAGY-AM 1320 - Forest City
WGNC-AM 1450 - Gastonia
WIST-FM 98.3 – High Point, Triad
WBLO-AM 970 – Thomasville, High Point, Triad
WLON-AM 1050 – Lincolnton
WLNC-AM 1300 - Laurinburg
WKRX-FM 96.7 - Roxboro, Raleigh
WOHS-AM 730 - Shelby

Is there any reason WFAE can’t air the games?

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 10:24 PM [b] Or is he already reading the boards? I say he already checks us out on a regular basis. [/b]
I can promise you that's the case.

I feel the need to post this everytime there is a thread containing the name Packer.
Some WFNZ sponsors from their website:

scott.apsega@townandcountryford.com
sponsorships@charlotteknights.com
Kens Satellites - ZIGMAN@DIRECWAY.COM zigman@ctc.net
sales@scottclarkstoyota.com
reservations@villaantonio.com
Sales@RockCarpet.com
store_manager@rmg3.com
jockscharlotte@mindspring.com
golfcharlotte@carolina.rr.com
ccg04@carolinagolf.com
kwtour@hotmail.com
tickets@gocheckers.com
sales@targetedgolf.com
staff@chirocarecenter.net
manager@thegrad.com
Rcaldwell@GreatGolfEvents.com
sgc@leroysprings.com
bubba@bubbasbbq.com
info@bobcatsbasketball.com
info@savvysalonanddayspa.com
customerservice@premiersalons.com
Allstatealumni3on3@yahoo.com
higgy@pga.com
mriddle@legacygolfmgmt.com
deansigmon@tegacaygolfclub.com
frankheadley@pioneergolf.com
business@myscorecard.com
jgwalton@oasis-dayspa.com
mjcottonpa@hotmail.com

For mass email purposes, copy and paste:

scott.apsega@townandcountryford.com, sponsorships@charlotteknights.com, ZIGMAN@DIRECWAY.COM, sales@scottclarkstoyota.com, reservations@villaantonio.com, Sales@RockCarpet.com, store_manager@rmg3.com, jockscharlotte@mindspring.com, golfcharlotte@carolina.rr.com, ccg04@carolinagolf.com, kwtour@hotmail.com, tickets@gocheckers.com, sales@targetedgolf.com, Rcaldwell@GreatGolfEvents.com, manager@thegrad.com, sgc@leroysprings.com, bubba@bubbasbbq.com, info@bobcatsbasketball.com, staff@chirocarecenter.net, zigman@ctc.net, deli1045@southerndeli.com, deli1051@southerndeli.com, deli1068@southerndeli.com, deli1072@southerndeli.com, deli1022@southerndeli.com, info@savvysalonanddayspa.com, customerservice@premiersalons.com, allstatealumni3on3@yahoo.com, mriddle@legacygolfmgmt.com, higgy@pga.com, deansigmon@tegacaygolfclub.com, frankheadley@pioneergolf.com, business@myscorecard.com, jgwalton@oasis-dayspa.com, mjcottonpa@hotmail.com

I’ll try to keep the list updated, so if anyone can find any post them and Ill add them here. Thanks.

My email (short and to the point):

[b] [SIZE=2]The 35,000 regional members of the UNC Charlotte Community have targeted your business for a boycott because of its sponsorship of WFNZ 610AM. Charlotte fans are upset at WFNZ and the abrasive antics of radio personality Mark Packer. We will not support his afternoon show or any businesses that choose to advertise on the station while the show is on the air. We encourage you to contact WFNZ about canceling Mark Packers radio show and to better use your advertising dollars elsewhere.[/SIZE] [/b]

Dont call his show, dont email the studio, dont email the sponsers with a long rant about how Packer Sucks blah, blah, blah. Posting daily updates of what he said on his show just adds fuel to the ‘forty whiner’ fire since he undoubtedly patrols here sometimes. Just email the athletic department drdevos@email.uncc.edu SIZE=2[/SIZE] and the contact the sponsers saying that you do not support his show.

[b]Charlotte should get a better radio station to broadcast the games. This school must be masochistic, to spend money on a 2 bit station that can't broadcast to the whole county, and talks crap about us to boot. [/b]

In this regard I do agree with you wholeheartedly.

The quality of a 610 or 1660 broadcast is horrible. They have a 30 picometer radius for their effective radiated power. Also, how many times did we not get to hear the broadcast until after tipoff because of their upteen technical problems?

I think it’d be savvy to pursue getting our games on 97.9 or 92.3 personally, but practically any FM station would do.

Or conversely, get really really pissed off that the $10,000,000 we’re supposed to be receiving yearly from the state because of our heightened research status has not come even once for the 4 years we were supposed to be receiving it. I promise you there are two schools in this state that DO receive it year-in, year-out.

Do you guys think $40,000,000 would have been enough to cover broadcast operations for a REAL on campus radio station for the past 4 years? I think so…

what is his phone number to the show down there and what time is he on?

Who cares about what Packman thinks or what the Observer prints??? It’s dissapointing at times but why get so upset about these things. Just go out and support the Niners and don’t worry about what you can’t control.

[b]Or conversely, get really really pissed off that the $10,000,000 we're supposed to be receiving yearly from the state because of our heightened research status has not come even once for the 4 years we were supposed to be receiving it. I promise you there are two schools in this state that DO receive it year-in, year-out.[/b]

How can the state do that and get away with it and why isn’t their a huge write-up about it?? I had never heard that. I wouldn’t be suprised if ECU and App State get more state funding then we get.

Not too many years ago a story also broke where we were 14th out of 16 schools in per student funding from the state, had less sq footage per student than any school in the state, and less acrage of land on this campus per student than any school in the state.

Woodward was great at getting out-of-state dollars for this institution, but truly lousy at correcting the in-state dollar disparity.

There is a great program I listen to on the drive home from work. 1110 AM WBT the Jason Lewis show will set you pinkos straight.