Graduation / Commencement Speakers

Thats it.[/quote]

clt says it hard to find green cap and gowns. clt has a secret tool, ask jeeves.[/quote] Jeeves still on AOL?

Everyone knows Alta Vista is where it is at. Once you find a suitable getup, email me a TIFF file of it.

clt doesn’t have online.

Thats it.[/quote]

Honestly, I’ve never really cared whether they were green or not. But by me simply looking at the link that CLT provided, I did feel a sense of pride.

I’m on board now. They should be green!

As a proud member of the 4 1/2 year club my graduation was in December, and it was long ago when we only had the ceremony in May so I did not attend my graduation. I had the option to come back six months later, but that seemed nuts at the time. Maybe this is why I don’t really care about this issue. I actually think the black gowns with green, or green/white tassels seems classic, but if you want to wear a green gown for an hour have at it.

The fact is what we have been doing isn’t working. We have near 100,000 alumni in the metro area and an extremely poor connection to those folks. How many are actively donating to either athletics or academics? What is our donor base? The fact is, what the school does - doesn’t work. Would changing gown colors make any difference? I have no idea, but I do know that the path we are on and those that defend everything the school does isn’t working. If we want things to get better, things have to change with our approach. Changing gown colors seems a pretty easy thing and if it instills a little more pride then thats a good thing.

The fact is what we have been doing isn’t working. We have near 100,000 alumni in the metro area and an extremely poor connection to those folks. How many are actively donating to either athletics or academics? What is our donor base? The fact is, what the school does - doesn’t work. Would changing gown colors make any difference? I have no idea, but I do know that the path we are on and those that defend everything the school does isn’t working. If we want things to get better, things have to change with our approach. Changing gown colors seems a pretty easy thing and if it instills a little more pride then thats a good thing.[/quote]

I support the goal, but think changing gown colors will have zero impact on that. I also have no objection to changing the gown color either.

The fact is what we have been doing isn’t working. We have near 100,000 alumni in the metro area and an extremely poor connection to those folks. How many are actively donating to either athletics or academics? What is our donor base? The fact is, what the school does - doesn’t work. Would changing gown colors make any difference? I have no idea, but I do know that the path we are on and those that defend everything the school does isn’t working. If we want things to get better, things have to change with our approach. Changing gown colors seems a pretty easy thing and if it instills a little more pride then thats a good thing.[/quote]

Just for clarity, we just passed 100,000 alums a few years ago. The figure I heard was 50,000 alums live in the Charlotte “region”. Honestly it would be a bad sign for our University if ALL our alums lived near Charlotte, since that would indicate our degree is only valued locally.

clt says the sec will require green gowns.

Just for clarity, we just passed 100,000 alums a few years ago. The figure I heard was 50,000 alums live in the Charlotte “region”. Honestly it would be a bad sign for our University if ALL our alums lived near Charlotte, since that would indicate our degree is only valued locally.[/quote]

We now have ~125,000 alums. Haven’t seen a recent number of how many are in the region.

Is clt under the impression that the SEC graduates athletes?

I support the goal, but think changing gown colors will have zero impact on that. I also have no objection to changing the gown color either.[/quote]

You obviously didn’t click on CLT’s link. :wink: