grammar fight

You called yourself a dick, I just went along for the ride. You’re fine to try and call me out for improper grammar when I’ve purposefully done so but you’re the one who will look foolish for doing so. If you think it’s sarcasm, it probably is. I never made a homophonic reference about our players.[/quote] Lord. You are a hard case. You and I both remember your HOMOPHOBIC ignorant post which was deleted by the mods. That was the genesis of my distaste for you. Nobody says that about my Niners and gets away unscathed. Perhaps the name “Don Imus” will refresh your alcohol dulled memory.[/quote]

I said she was out there with a bunch of bull dykes, I never said any of them were on our team, nor did I state how many are. What I said doesn’t even compare to Imus, but if it helps your argument then I guess it suits you. The discussion was over her looks, my point was she looks much better in proportion b/c many of the others playing the game are not overly attractive. Your Niners? Sorry, forgot the part where you bought the rights. I’m not a homophobe as you try to portray me as, but having played sports all my life, at multiple levels, and knowing many girls who do so (both hetero and homo) I know what can and has occurred in their locker rooms, I’m not naive about it.

So we’re really doing this? Cause I could go on for a bit if so.

I thought the thread was about some really bad joke by CharSF and 4ever having had some previous beef with him.[/quote] It was. Note the use of past tense. I’m going to try acting like a grownup and stop beating him over the head for one mistake, albeit one that seriously pissed me off.[/quote]

Then quit talking about it… every time you come with a “grownup” response, you’ll elicit one from me.

Double negatives aren’t actually improper grammar.

As long as the point gets across, I usually don’t care.[/quote]

They only time I get irritated by it on here is when someone types like an 8 year old. Examples would be improper spacing, thoughts that run on, and just horrible, I mean atrocious spelling. I initially was just messing with ninerfan and it turns into this.

Also, when people spell “ridiculous” as “rediculous”

I said she was out there with a bunch of bull dykes, I never said any of them were on our team, nor did I state how many are. What I said doesn’t even compare to Imus, but if it helps your argument then I guess it suits you. The discussion was over her looks, my point was she looks much better in proportion b/c many of the others playing the game are not overly attractive. Your Niners? Sorry, forgot the part where you bought the rights. I’m not a homophobe as you try to portray me as, but having played sports all my life, at multiple levels, and knowing many girls who do so (both hetero and homo) I know what can and has occurred in their locker rooms, I’m not naive about it.[/quote] Only you know if you are homophobic or not. I know I have, at times in my life, said things that could be taken as homophobic or racist or whatever and I don’t consider myself as being those things. Reading some of your posts, you don’t strike me as a stupid person. You could have made the same point originally without reference to anyone’s sexuality. [/quote][/quote]

I said she was out there with a bunch of bull dykes, I never said any of them were on our team, nor did I state how many are. What I said doesn’t even compare to Imus, but if it helps your argument then I guess it suits you. The discussion was over her looks, my point was she looks much better in proportion b/c many of the others playing the game are not overly attractive. Your Niners? Sorry, forgot the part where you bought the rights. I’m not a homophobe as you try to portray me as, but having played sports all my life, at multiple levels, and knowing many girls who do so (both hetero and homo) I know what can and has occurred in their locker rooms, I’m not naive about it.[/quote] Only you know if you are homophobic or not. I know I have, at times in my life, said things that could be taken as homophobic or racist or whatever and I don’t consider myself as being those things. Reading some of your posts, you don’t strike me as a stupid person. You could have made the same point originally without reference to anyone’s sexuality. [/quote][/quote][/quote]

I agree… if anything I typed too fast. Seriously, wasn’t trying to offend anyone.

For those of you that would like to discuss grammar I suggest joining this site. I come here for news (and rumors) on the Niners not to critique someone for how they use their, they’re, and there. I would swear half the people on here are my mom as much bitching goes on over trivial stuff.

::slight_smile:

Whatever… ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile:

My point is to make sure you know the difference. You don’t have to use it on here, but the real world is a different story.

I do think you’ll be taken more seriously as well, but that’s just me.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:7, topic:23299”]I think Ace needs to chime in on this.[/quote]I aint never been no Albert IneStine butt I at least no good grammar. Your never going too get nowhere in life if you aint got good grammar skills. Its rediculous too think other wise.

I saw Emmy Rossum’s boobies on Showtime the other night.

What where?!

You don’t have to be writing a thesis to use proper grammar. It is not very difficult, and when you are posting here on a message board devoted to a University, you are representing that University.

Sure, everybody makes mistakes with spelling and grammar… but is it that hard to type in complete sentences and not like a twelve year old texting her BFF?

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:33, topic:23299”]You don’t have to be writing a thesis to use proper grammar. It is not very difficult, and when you are posting here on a message board devoted to a University, you are representing that University.

Sure, everybody makes mistakes with spelling and grammar… but is it that hard to type in complete sentences and not like a twelve year old texting her BFF?[/quote]

Dude, subject has changed. Emmy Rossum naked.

why the f*ck do people care about grammar on a message board? If that gets your panties in a wad, you need to get a life. Or as our friend Hootie would say, go get laid.

Emmy Rossum naked? I’m for it.

I’m also for our graduates and students who are posting on our message board taking time to ensure that their posts are presentable.

I’m not a big fan of seeing posts that make me wonder if author passed high school English classes, let alone holds a degree from our University.

If it affects how I understand/read/comprehend your post, then there are issues. That is all.

True, but you’re a dick and ruin every thread you post in.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:36, topic:23299”]I’m also for our graduates and students who are posting on our message board taking time to ensure that their posts are presentable.

I’m not a big fan of seeing posts that make me wonder if author passed high school English classes, let alone holds a degree from our University.[/quote]

Dude. Relax.

True, but you’re a dick and ruin every thread you post in.[/quote]

Is this where I start to ruin this one?